Hacking Configurable USB Loader

leavemealone347

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I use the channel rather than the forwarder is it smart enough to update itself without any problems. Like having to reinstall the WAD everytime? I know USB Loader GX is like this, but is a forwarder a better solution for Configurable USB Loader?

Zabu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
I would guess cios 249 does not support your particular sdhc card model.
You can try several things...:
- make a fat partition on usb hdd, move all the stuff over there and forget about the sd card.
- use ios 222, it might have better sdhc support (or worse, i don't know). to do that, either use the cfgloader 43-222 special version, or run it through wiiload and add ios=222-mload parameter. this could help you establish if ios249 is the problem.
- different cios 249 revisions (which one do you have?)
good luck.

Thanks for the quick reply, I'm using rev14. I'll have to try one of the special versions tonight when I get home. I'd love to do it off of the hard drive but when I originally set my stuff up originally, that wasnt an option and I really don't want to have to reload my hard drive. If I can't get this card to work, worst case scenario is I go back to my old one.

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
leavemealone347 said:
If I use the channel rather than the forwarder is it smart enough to update itself without any problems. Like having to reinstall the WAD everytime? I know USB Loader GX is like this, but is a forwarder a better solution for Configurable USB Loader?

I used the channel and it would update the dol that was on my USB partition.

The Channel is a hybrid of a channel and a forwarder.

It will look for the dol wil in 4 different places, the SD card, the usd-loader folder on the SD card then the USB Fat partition and then the usb-loader folder on the USB Fat partition. (The exact paths are in the readme for the channel.)

If it doesn't find any of those it will load from the dol in the wad.

If you have the dol on any of those 4 places then when it does an online update it will overwrite it with the new one and load from that then next time you launch the loader.

I actually have the dol from the channel inserted into my pre-loader so the launcher starts automatically when I turn on the Wii.

dvd-guy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't seem to run Ghostbusters with rev14. It crashes at the wrist strap warning screen. I haven't been able to find a definite answer to this problem yet. I've tried 002 on/off with no luck.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
dvd-guy said:
I can't seem to run Ghostbusters with rev14. It crashes at the wrist strap warning screen. I haven't been able to find a definite answer to this problem yet. I've tried 002 on/off with no luck.
Go to the global options screen. Does it confirm you have rev14? If so, try it using IOS222. See my sig if you need help installing it.

dvd-guy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got it running a couple of times, but it's not consistent. I tried fiddling with Video mode and Anti-002. I saved the settings and it worked? But then I tried to run it again with the saved settings and it failed. I definitely have rev14, and 222-mload doesn't do anything different for me. 222-yal just gives me a memory dump.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
dvd-guy said:
I got it running a couple of times, but it's not consistent. I tried fiddling with Video mode and Anti-002. I saved the settings and it worked? But then I tried to run it again with the saved settings and it failed. I definitely have rev14, and 222-mload doesn't do anything different for me. 222-yal just gives me a memory dump.
222-yal will only work if you have Kwiirk's IOS in the 222 slot. What version of Cfg are you using? I uesd to have similar problems with MK Armageddon that the videos would only work half of the times that I loaded the game, no matter what settings I changed. Now it just works all the time.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but this thread is huge, so is there any way to make the games run left-to-right in "flow" view? I don't mean the way the screen scrolls, I mean the actual order of the games as they appear on screen. Right now they run in columns from top to bottom:

Code:
1 | 4 | 7
2 | 5 | 8
3 | 6 | 9
Whereas I'd prefer them to display as they do in "grid" mode:

Code:
1 2 3
-----
4 5 6
-----
7 8 9
Again, sorry if this has been made clear elsewhere.

Vattu

Trophies
XP
Country
Vague Rant said:
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but this thread is huge, so is there any way to make the games run left-to-right in "flow" view? I don't mean the way the screen scrolls, I mean the actual order of the games as they appear on screen. Right now they run in columns from top to bottom:

Code:
1 | 4 | 7
2 | 5 | 8
3 | 6 | 9
Whereas I'd prefer them to display as they do in "grid" mode:

Code:
1 2 3
-----
4 5 6
-----
7 8 9
Again, sorry if this has been made clear elsewhere.
In "flow-z" mode, the titles have to be sorted as it is now, otherwise it wouldn't make any sense.

If you would like to have titles sorted horizontally, then oggzee or usptactical have to make the list scroll vertically (which would be cool).

here's a brief example of why horizontal sorting isn't good in flow(-z) mode:

Code:
A B C
-----
D E F
-----
G H I

now, if I go right 1 step (1 game), one of the following two sortings happen:

Code:
B C J
-----
E F K
-----
H I L

CODED E F
-----
G H I
-----
J K L

as you see, none of these are practical. best way to solve this matter is to enable vertical scrolling (I like it).

edit: the 2nd box would work in flow mode, but not in flow-z, since the scrolling is continuous, not a whole page.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Vattu said:
as you see, none of these are practical. best way to solve this matter is to enable vertical scrolling (I like it).
I think the original idea would be that the list of games is organized as:

Code:
A B C D E F G H 
I J K L M N O P
Q R S T U V W X

And your window gives you a scrolling view, so at first you get:

CODEA B C
I J K
Q R S

We discussed this in chat, though, and oggzee doesn't like it.

Vattu

Trophies
XP
Country
either
Code:
A B C
D E F
G H I
J K L
M N O
or
Code:
A B C D
E F G H
I J K L
M N O P
is practically the same thing from the current sorting in cfg, just flipped. this new ordering wouldn't destroy the logical sorting.

one positive thing about using vertical scrolling (in flow-z) mode is that more games will show per line, thus making the scrolling more efficient. but if you want a horizontal scrolling, there's no need to chance.

PNo4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dvd-guy said:

Must be your Wii or harddrive or gameimage. Been running it on my setup, default settings in cfg loader since cfg loader started to support it.

Trypa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can I create game channels for Configurable USB Loader using WBFS manager? If yes what I have to put on Title ID Placeholder field?

Another think: Is there some way to put DLC on a external HD and use with the usb loader? How?

dvd-guy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
PNo4 said:
dvd-guy said:

Must be your Wii or harddrive or gameimage. Been running it on my setup, default settings in cfg loader since cfg loader started to support it.
I don't think it's any of those 3. I got the game to run with inconsistent results. That probably means the settings are wrong, or maybe I'm on the wrong IOS. I'll try again tonight with 222, as there is better HDD compatibility so I heard.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
dvd-guy said:
PNo4 said:
dvd-guy said:

I don't think it's any of those 3. I got the game to run with inconsistent results. That probably means the settings are wrong, or maybe I'm on the wrong IOS. I'll try again tonight with 222, as there is better HDD compatibility so I heard.
Read up, please. There's a bad dump of this game around, and it looks like you're one of the lucky ones that got it...download another release, and it will work without any problem.

dvd-guy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Blue-K said:
dvd-guy said:
PNo4 said:
dvd-guy said:

Read up, please. There's a bad dump of this game around, and it looks like you're one of the lucky ones that got it...download another release, and it will work without any problem.
I have a scene release from Wizard. It's not a scrubbed release. What else do you want to guess?

milcoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I need a little help with bootmii:

I allready have dvdx, preloader and homebrew installed.
I dowloaded the bootmii

and now.....?

There are a lot of files inside the rar file
What's the right way to install it, I know I want it to install as boot2

thanks

DXFactor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dvd-guy said:
Blue-K said:
dvd-guy said:
PNo4 said:
dvd-guy said:

I have a scene release from Wizard. It's not a scrubbed release. What else do you want to guess?
I have GhostBusters running with 249 Rev 14. All settings default except 002 fix ON. NTSC ISO on NTSC Wii. I think I got it at WiiSOS. I second trying another download.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
milcoi said:
I need a little help with bootmii:

I allready have dvdx, preloader and homebrew installed.
I dowloaded the bootmii

and now.....?

There are a lot of files inside the rar file
What's the right way to install it, I know I want it to install as boot2

thanks
I have no idea what you are talking about. BootMii uses the same process as the HBC and DVDX (unless you installed them ages ago). Try my tutorial.

razuraw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi just tried this loader and i like the gui and the 3d covers the only thing thats bothering me is that the gui is a lot more blurry then the wii menu or even the hombrew channel. is there anything i can do make it less blurry?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag