Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Narolez

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@oggzee:

The per game ios setting will not be saved in the settings.cfg, please fix this.
Please add "start with gui grid 1, flow 1, ... " option in config-file, like gui = flow2

Thx, Narolez

al26105

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys I installed the new loader version and installed hermes 222 with 36 then 223 with 37 to 36 and all i get when i boot ac/dc track pack is 5 dots after IOS (223) mload...

Any advise

xakmad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sorry to post twice so quickly, i've read every post here, and need some help now...

i have an sd:/apps/usbloader and an sd:/apps/usbloader_admin, as the themes dont have the security settings i want... (admin = me, other = kids). TRo be sure i MSPainted "Dad" and "Kids" onto the png files, and # Kids and #Dad into the config file (they have different pics the each folder)

i moved 600Gb worth from 1 disc to another (took a few days!!!) so as to have a 2Gb FAT32 partition for the faster covers.

So in the config i have

Code:
usb:/covers
usb:/covers/3d
usb:/covers/disc

and to be sure i cleared (!) the files from here, BUT when i tried a Download All Missing Covers, it complained that SD:/apps/usbloader_admin/covers failed to create (or words to that effect)
naturally i dont have a config in the sd:/usb-loader at all, so as the 2 seperate configs inthe 2 seperate folders kick in.
so why doesnt it DL to the usb:/covers folder? on the PC, these folders definitely exist... bug or me being thick?

BTW - i had to # the "ios=223-mload" as my drive wouldnt recognise it on 31b. the same "ios=223-mload" worked fine on 31aa, Bit confused... if truth be told, unsure why i installed your pack Narolez - i dont really know what they are for, but you know your stuff, and with Oggzee promoting (!) it, i went ahead. For the terminally thick (me, hopefully some others reading) can you simplify it - better game loading (e.g. havent got red steel to work yet). Also, is there a different setting to use, instead, or a new version to wait for? i understand i am the opposite of others who had failure with 31aa then result with 31b... thanks.

hope you geniuses can help, one again, high praise for such a smart app. love the attention to detail esp re GUI.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
al26105 said:
Guys I installed the new loader version and installed hermes 222 with 36 then 223 with 37 to 36 and all i get when i boot ac/dc track pack is 5 dots after IOS (223) mload...

Any advise

Hmm, 5 dots would mean that ios 223 loaded fine, but it hanged somewhere in setting wbfs mode, before loading the game, no idea why...

Does that game work with any other ios setting?
Does any game work with the ios 223-mload setting?
Does it work with uLoader by Hermes? Using which ios?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
xakmad said:
sorry to post twice so quickly, i've read every post here, and need some help now...

i have an sd:/apps/usbloader and an sd:/apps/usbloader_admin, as the themes dont have the security settings i want... (admin = me, other = kids). TRo be sure i MSPainted "Dad" and "Kids" onto the png files, and # Kids and #Dad into the config file (they have different pics the each folder)

i moved 600Gb worth from 1 disc to another (took a few days!!!) so as to have a 2Gb FAT32 partition for the faster covers.

So in the config i have

Code:
usb:/covers
usb:/covers/3d
usb:/covers/disc

and to be sure i cleared (!) the files from here, BUT when i tried a Download All Missing Covers, it complained that SD:/apps/usbloader_admin/covers failed to create (or words to that effect)
naturally i dont have a config in the sd:/usb-loader at all, so as the 2 seperate configs inthe 2 seperate folders kick in.
so why doesnt it DL to the usb:/covers folder? on the PC, these folders definitely exist... bug or me being thick?

BTW - i had to # the "ios=223-mload" as my drive wouldnt recognise it on 31b. the same "ios=223-mload" worked fine on 31aa, Bit confused... if truth be told, unsure why i installed your pack Narolez - i dont really know what they are for, but you know your stuff, and with Oggzee promoting (!) it, i went ahead. For the terminally thick (me, hopefully some others reading) can you simplify it - better game loading (e.g. havent got red steel to work yet). Also, is there a different setting to use, instead, or a new version to wait for? i understand i am the opposite of others who had failure with 31aa then result with 31b... thanks.

hope you geniuses can help, one again, high praise for such a smart app. love the attention to detail esp re GUI.

Regarding usb fat for resources, at the moment it's all or nothing, you can't have the config on sd and the covers on usb. That's a limitation of the current version.
So, completely move the entire sd:/usb-loader to usb:/usb-loader
And sd:/apps/USBLoader as well. Unless you are starting the app from SD then, leave sd:/apps/USBLoader, but remove sd:/apps/USBLoader/config.txt

How are you starting the loader? from forwarder for kids and from hbc for admin?
Which hbc version do you have? hbc 1.0.2 can run the apps from usb drive as well.

al26105

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE(al26105 @ May 29 2009, 12:45 AM)

Any advise

Hmm, 5 dots would mean that ios 223 loaded fine, but it hanged somewhere in setting wbfs mode, before loading the game, no idea why...

Games all work on the 249 selection but obviosly dont recognize the mic...I also have uLoader and it gives me a -1 error after about 3 min that it cant find my hdd...but my hdd works with about all the other loaders..I have tried both 222 and 223 mload with no luck. BTW i dont know if y=u need this info but im on a 4.0 rev 10 ntsc wii...thanks for all your help

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
I found a bug. If you use the IOS option in config to preload an alternate IOS than 249 (I only tested with 223-mload), the GUI mode fails. It just crashes to a black screen. Removing that option, it works fine, with gridflow (which is truly awesome) working great too.

And I also put my request in to allow gridflow to be an option in the config.txt as the startup mode, with the number of lines of games also being configurable (e.g., gui=[1],0,start,gridflow and gui_lines=1,2,3,[4])

al26105 said:
Games all work on the 249 selection but obviosly dont recognize the mic...I also have uLoader and it gives me a -1 error after about 3 min that it cant find my hdd...but my hdd works with about all the other loaders..I have tried both 222 and 223 mload with no luck. BTW i dont know if y=u need this info but im on a 4.0 rev 10 ntsc wii...thanks for all your help
Do you have the HDD in the right USB port? It must be in the one near the edge. Also try using the ios=223-mload in config.txt

b3TTy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It would be nice if we could get into the GUI mode with the "grid flow" from the start. Please add the option in the config.

al26105

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have the HDD in the right USB port? It must be in the one near the edge. Also try using the ios=223-mload in config.txt
Code:

Yes my HDD is in the port nearest the outside..How do I try using the ios=223-mload in config.txt...Don't understand

xakmad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
How are you starting the loader? from forwarder for kids and from hbc for admin?
Which hbc version do you have? hbc 1.0.2 can run the apps from usb drive as well.

i have a forwarder set up for kids, and HBC 1.03!! (latest bootmii) which shows both the kids and the admin one since i renamed them "1. Kids USB" and "2. Admin USB"
i'll try it in the morning (hey, it IS morning
smile.gif
) but kinda assuming that i can move pretty my all the apps and the single usb-loader folder to the FAT32 partition, and have HBC only (guessing the forwarder wont look to USB:/)

still NEED to have an admin and a kids folder, unless themes get the simple 0 or 1 option. And even then, it'd be too easy for them to change theme...

thanks- cant wait to try!!!

xakmad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
b3TTy said:
It would be nice if we could get into the GUI mode with the "grid flow" from the start. Please add the option in the config.

it IS there - the readme tells you:

CODE# Global options:
# ===============
#
# gui = [1], 0, start
#ÂÂ Enable or disable GUI mode.
#ÂÂ Using gui = start will start directly in GUI mode when loader is started.

al26105

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xakmad said:
oggzee said:

i have a forwarder set up for kids, and HBC 1.03!! (latest bootmii) which shows both the kids and the admin one since i renamed them "1. Kids USB" and "2. Admin USB"
i'll try it in the morning (hey, it IS morning
smile.gif
) but kinda assuming that i can move pretty my all the apps and the single usb-loader folder to the FAT32 partition, and have HBC only (guessing the forwarder wont look to USB:/)

still NEED to have an admin and a kids folder, unless themes get the simple 0 or 1 option. And even then, it'd be too easy for them to change theme...

thanks- cant wait to try!!!

I am loading it form the homebrew channel.. no bootmii

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
al26105 said:
Code:

Yes my HDD is in the port nearest the outside..How do I try using the ios=223-mload in config.txt...Don't understand
If you use HBC to start cfg, config.txt is in sd:/apps/USBLoader/config.txt. Otherwise it is in sd:/usb-loader/config.txt.

Edit that file (or both if you are unsure which to change) to add the line "ios=223-mload"

al26105

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
al26105 said:
Code:

If you use HBC to start cfg, config.txt is in sd:/apps/USBLoader/config.txt. Otherwise it is in sd:/usb-loader/config.txt.

Edit that file (or both if you are unsure which to change) to add the line "ios=223-mload"

I edited the config.txt file at the bottom with no # before..just iso=223-mload. When I started the loader it said mload 223 the n 5 dots, then the main screen popped up and then i tried to activate the hdd and it timed out with a -1 error

kingtuk1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4.0u rev10 and the 223-mload won't work if mics are plugged in.
This is on v31b.

31aa
Would only sometimes load if mics were plugged in. Maybe 1 out of 10 times powering on. Then the singing games worked fine...

also new GUI on 31b just blacks out the screen and can't do anything...

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
How about implementing the code from WiiPower to solve the compatibility issue of Punch Out (and EA Sports Active, etc.) in Japanese Wii ?

I really hope that Configurable USB Loader is the FIRST loader to solve this issue, and hence standing out from the other loaders.

Thanks !

b3TTy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xakmad said:
b3TTy said:

it IS there - the readme tells you:

CODE# Global options:
# ===============
#
# gui = [1], 0, start
#ÂÂ Enable or disable GUI mode.
#ÂÂ Using gui = start will start directly in GUI mode when loader is started.

I know how to read a readme. It doesn't keep the "grid flow" setting, only goes into normal GUI mode after reboot. I want to be able to set the number of rows and if to use "grid" or "flow" in the config.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
al26105 said:
QUOTE said:

If uLoader does not work for you with the ios 222/223 setting then cfg loader probably won't work either.
Maybe the incoming updated waninkoko cios r12 will solve these issues and the whole ios 223-mload method will be obsolete by then...

Posts merged

QUOTE(kingtuk1 @ May 29 2009, 06:09 AM)
4.0u rev10 and the 223-mload won't work if mics are plugged in.
This is on v31b.

31aa
Would only sometimes load if mics were plugged in. Maybe 1 out of 10 times powering on. Then the singing games worked fine...

also new GUI on 31b just blacks out the screen and can't do anything...

Does the gui black-out occur only if using the ios=222/223... option or always?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7