Hacking Configurable USB Loader

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
pplucky said:
3. Instead of just putting '(Wiimote, Nunchuck)', I would rather put 2 lines (if applicable):
Required: Wiimote (for control type="wiimote" required="true")
Optional: Nunchuck, Classic Controller (control type="wiimote" required="false" and control type="classiccontroller" required="false")
I would prefer to keep it short, and not use any words since they then have to be translated...
What about if it's printed like this: (Required,... | Optional,...)
For example:
(Wiimote, Nunchuk | Classic, Balance Board)
or:
(Wiimote, Nunchuk) [Classic, Balance Board]

camurso_

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
What does the "+" symbol mean in my config.txt?

QUOTE said:
gamercard_url =
gamercard_url = + www.wiinnertag.com/wiinnertag_scripts/update_sign.php?key={KEY}&game_id={ID6}
gamercard_key =
gamercard_key =+ 18883831314c...

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
On my FAT 32 Drive some games are shown 2 times.
Allthough there's only one copy of the game on my drive.
Same ID both entry's are playable.

Can I fix this?
Also I'm not able to delete games, the option is not highlighted.
I'm using Mload 222 Hermes 5.1

CIOS X rev 20b makes the gui unmanageble ( stuttering ,jittering )
Packard bell silver 640GB

Transferred games with Wii backup manager.

EDIT: Looks like Wiibackupmanager made the games use the same ID ( Another Code----Anno create a new world. ) RN4P41

I get lots of these little problems using wiibackupmanager...Am I the only one?

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wii_moron said:
Why does the program download disc covers when it downloads the cover art? I dont see a button to show the disc covers. Only front and back of the game box

Yes I do'nt see the need of this also.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Hielkenator said:
Wii_moron said:
Why does the program download disc covers when it downloads the cover art? I dont see a button to show the disc covers. Only front and back of the game box
Yes I do'nt see the need of this also.
If you don't need it, set:

cover_url_disc =

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
camurso_ said:
QUOTE said:
gamercard_url =
gamercard_url = + www.wiinnertag.com/wiinnertag_scripts/update_sign.php?key={KEY}&game_id={ID6}
gamercard_key =
+ will append to existing value for options that accept a list of multiple strings
In your case you can just write it like this:

gamercard_url = www.wiinnertag.com/wiinnertag_scripts/update_sign.php?key={KEY}&game_id={ID6}
gamercard_key = 18883831314c...

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
pplucky said:
3. Instead of just putting '(Wiimote, Nunchuck)', I would rather put 2 lines (if applicable):
Required: Wiimote (for control type="wiimote" required="true")
Optional: Nunchuck, Classic Controller (control type="wiimote" required="false" and control type="classiccontroller" required="false")
I would prefer to keep it short, and not use any words since they then have to be translated...
What about if it's printed like this: (Required,... | Optional,...)
For example:
(Wiimote, Nunchuk | Classic, Balance Board)
or:
(Wiimote, Nunchuk) [Classic, Balance Board]
I think that it would be more straight-forward for a newbie to understanding the meaning... Anyway, we are only talking about 2 words...

QUOTE(pplucky @ Jan 14 2011, 10:22 AM)
2. Instead of putting '200 for 1 player', I would put 'Up to x player(s)', considering the number of supported players (input players) and between (), I would put also the info for Online playing (Online play for x player(s))
Something like:
-

-

I would put
Up to 4 players (Online play for 1 player)
Are you also considering it? Because if you are, translation will be needed anyway...
wink.gif

camurso_

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
oggzee said:
camurso_ said:
QUOTE said:
gamercard_url =
gamercard_key =
+ will append to existing value for options that accept a list of multiple strings
In your case you can just write it like this:

gamercard_url = www.wiinnertag.com/wiinnertag_scripts/update_sign.php?key={KEY}&game_id={ID6}
gamercard_key = 18883831314c...

Thank you! But last night I was getting an error stating that the url did not start by http. Maybe I should append that to those parameters, right?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
pplucky said:
I would put
Are you also considering it? Because if you are, translation will be needed anyway...
wink.gif

That's already there, isn't it?

QUOTE(camurso_ @ Jan 14 2011, 01:49 PM) Thank you! But last night I was getting an error stating that the url did not start by http. Maybe I should append that to those parameters, right?
Yes, of course, like this:
gamercard_url = http://www.wiinnertag.com/wiinnertag_scrip...p;game_id={ID6}

jesquinas

Trophies
XP
Country
Today I've been doing some testing with Configurable USB Loader.In this post I will use the following terminology:

HBC = Homebrew Channel
CFGUSBLoader = Configurable USB Loader
usb0 = the classsical port to connect the external USB hard disk
usb1 = the other USB port (used for for microphones, etc when there is a USB hard disk in usb0: )

A few days ago,thinking about how to eliminate the use of SD card,I made the following partitions to my USB hard disk:
a first FAT32 partition with the /apps folder for HBC can successfully access it (HBC does not support NTFS partitions) and a second NTFS partition with the folder /wbfs to store backups of my games so can access CFGUSBLoader.

I placed the hard disk in usb0: connector and everything worked fine.Then, though I knew CFGUSBLoader doesnt support usb1: , I put it to see its behavior.
HBC performs well, loading the homebrew list in the /apps folder and its possible to select and to run anyone.It seems that the approach used by HBC is to first locate the /apps folder on sd:, if not found searches the same folder in usb0: and if isnt found looks in usb1:. It seems quite logical and it does its work fine.

Then I loaded WiiMC.It works more or less fine but doesnt display correctly folders and files name.There are folders who are shown in capital letters but when I see they in my Windows Vista laptop they are in samall letters.Other folders are correct.Well,a bit erratic behavior.I suppose that the library to access to FAT32 partitions must have some bugs.The folders in NTFS partition are shown perfectly.
Moreover,it shows icons for usb1 and usb2 but isnt clear if there are two different disks,two partitions in one disk (this is the situation) or another setup.

Then I thought: if WiiMC is able to access partitions on a hard disk connected to usb1: when it is loaded from usb1: How will be the CFGUSBLoader behavior?

My surprise was great, CFGUSBLoader tries to find information in sd: or usb0: (I suppose) but it is not able to handle this particular setup.There isnt option to choose a disk or partition for loading the games.
CFGUSBLoader is waiting

I think if CFGUSBLoader wants to be truly 'configurable' It must support setups like the described (a hard disk connected in usb1: with two partitions) and even to allow load games from a disk different of the CFGUSBLoader program load.

I understand that criteria should be set by default (the disk and partition for loading games) but should be possible to select any disk and any partition for the games ( perhaps in some advanced options).

Greetings and thanks for your program.

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
pplucky said:
I would put
wink.gif
That's already there, isn't it?
No, it's not...

Currently you have 200 for 1 player and nothing else... That's why I suggested it...

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
jesquinas said:
My surprise was great, CFGUSBLoader tries to find information in sd: or usb0: (I suppose) but it is not able to handle this particular setup.There isnt option to choose a disk or partition for loading the games.
The USB slot depends on the CIOS not the loader.
If you use ciosx rev21 base 58 then you can use USB in SLOT1

QUOTE(pplucky @ Jan 14 2011, 02:09 PM) No, it's not...
Currently you have 200 for 1 player and nothing else... That's why I suggested it...
I have already said that's a bug (see my reply to buddy on this same page)
If you look at v63 you can see what is the correct formatting.
(Is v64b2 the only version you ever tried?)

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
jesquinas said:
The USB slot depends on the CIOS not the loader.
If you use ciosx rev21 base 58 then you can use USB in SLOT1

QUOTE(pplucky @ Jan 14 2011, 02:09 PM) No, it's not...
I have already said that's a bug (see my reply to buddy on this same page)
If you look at v63 you can see what is the correct formatting.
(Is v64b2 the only version you ever tried?)
I know it's a bug, but what I was suggesting was to add information about online playing also...

And no, v64b2 is the last version I'm trying, not the first...

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
pplucky said:
I know it's a bug, but what I was suggesting was to add information about online playing also...
That's what I'm saying, the number of online players is already there (in v63 and will return in v64b3)
Let's end this discussion.

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
pplucky said:
That's what I'm saying, the number of online players is already there (in v63 and will return in v64b3)
Let's end this discussion.
Sorry... you could've just said that in the beggining.

toss01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just switched to fat32, mostly good but had a crash in Donkey Kong, the game got stuck on the loading screen after I finished a level (where donkey and diddy run across the screen). could press home then wii menu but then it crashed

my WD passport does spindown but ive never had a problem with it crashing before when it was WBFS (been using since wanin rev14)

222 mload (38) v5.0 (this is what CFG says) was the one with the crash

I just overwrote hermes v4 with v5 as I wanted to use hermes for most games and thought v5 being the latest would be good, Ive read some places v4 was better but they seemed outdated so hard to tell

Spindown occurs after 10 minutes so when I finished a level that was longer than 10 minutes it got stuck on loading screen

Used Wanin 249 rev20 (56) , worked fine after 10 minutes and played 2 more levels, so will have to keep an eye, currently testing 222 again

I guess I wanted to see if its happened to anyone and if I made a mistake updating hermes v4 to v5?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Dark Fulgore said:
Can I take in-game screenshots with 'home=screenshots'?
Because I tried and it only takes from the user interface.
It is possible to take from games?
no, that will only make a screenshot inside the loader.
If you want to make game screenshots you need the usb gecko + wiird
Or use a TV card in a PC or something...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2 +1