XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
gsaz: sounds like your setup is cursed then
wink.gif

Oh poop....
frown.gif

Ok, I guess I can give v63-compat.dol a try with ios222 as an argument in the meta.xml some time and see if that achieves anything.

It's just weird how v61 works absolutely peachy, but if I go beyond that things start going all wibbly
Oh well
Thanks again
smile.gif

XICO2KX

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
pplucky said:
Dr. Clipper said:
pplucky said:
Hey.

One really helpful functionality I think it would be great, would be the possibility of shutting down the Wii from a configurable button (as it is possible from the HBC "Home" menu) --> like for other existing in tab 'Theme Options 3' in the Configurator (for example, reboot)...

What do you think of this possibility? Dr. Clipper and oggzee are the masters, so...
Well, you should be able to hold the power button down on the remote to shutdown, so I'm not sure there's any need to make it configurable to other buttons.
What you do by holding the power button on Wiimote is Standby... not Shutdown. For Shutdown, you either go to HBC (as I mentioned above) or press the console power button long enough until light turns red (otherwise, if yellow, also Standby). Or am I missing something?

UPDATE: I rest my case, as I didn't know that the Wiimote Power button worked like that, I thought that it could only do Standby. Thanks again for the shared expertise...
I think the Standby mode is only available if you have WiiConnect24 turned on!
rolleyes.gif

But if someone adds a Shutdown option to CFG, please make it un-mount the HDD too before turning off!
wink.gif

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
XICO2KX said:
pplucky said:
UPDATE: I rest my case, as I didn't know that the Wiimote Power button worked like that, I thought that it could only do Standby. Thanks again for the shared expertise...
I think the Standby mode is only available if you have WiiConnect24 turned on!
rolleyes.gif

But if someone adds a Shutdown option to CFG, please make it un-mount the HDD too before turning off!
wink.gif

You're right, I had de-activated the WiiConnect24 standby and that made the Power button in the wiimote to work as Shutdown instead of Standby (as it did before)...

QUOTE(pplucky @ Jan 13 2011, 10:22 AM)
Hey.

One really helpful functionality I think it would be great, would be the possibility of shutting down the Wii from a configurable button (as it is possible from the HBC "Home" menu) --> like for other existing in tab 'Theme Options 3' in the Configurator (for example, reboot)...

What do you think of this possibility? Dr. Clipper and oggzee are the masters, so...
My suggestion makes sense again after all, no?
As XICO2KX suggested, considering un-mounting the HDD before shutdown makes sense...

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
ChaosEnergy said:
btw

many themes have an overlay including button pic and standard text
A = Start Game
B = Back

If you change the buttons, all those themes are wrong
would it not make sense to use the (already translated) variables to position text in themes
so you will get correct button hints independent how you changed them for yourself and also you get them in the language of your wii...
The button hints that appear in the console (in the footer text) are automatically changed if you change the button layout. We can't change what people added to the themes and making it do so would make all those old themes obsolete anyway. However, many of those themes should have been designed with the button images in the overlay .png rather than the background image, meaning you can quickly replace the button layout in any of these themes with some simple image editing.

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey.

Yesterday I decided to play around a bit with some of the options in the Configurator and I found 2 neat options:
* write_playlog
* write_playstats.

My question about this is: can these options be used at the same time? I have them both active and I'm sure that the entries in the playlog did not appear correctly, but the playstats look OK.

This was the sentence in Configurable USB Loader Configurator Help that led me to think that you can only have one or the other:
"If you want to save your play times to the log on the message board, you want to use write_playlog instead."

Thanks in advance.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
XICO2KX said:
wink.gif

QUOTE(pplucky @ Jan 13 2011, 08:12 PM) As XICO2KX suggested, considering un-mounting the HDD before shutdown makes sense...
We already do most of that.
At least the unmounting of filesystmes part and USB_Deinitialize();
However I checked and we don't call USBStorage_Deinit();
I will add that if it helps but I'm not sure it will...
If someone knows what else would be needed let me know.
Is any other loader able to turn off the hdd properly at shutdown?

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks to all the developers for this awesome loader...

please, do not forget about the opportunity to add a path option for the base folder like:
# base_path = [sd:/usb-loader/]

this would allow the users to locate the config.txt file in /apps/usbloader_cfg/ and to place somewhere else the base folder for all the aux files needed by Configurable.... and reduce the mess in the SD root....

Thanks a lot....

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cambric said:
please, do not forget about the opportunity to add a path option for the base folder like:
I don't think that's really needed, it's just another option that adds more confusion to the already multiple ways of setting the loader up.
So, sorry but no I won't add that for now.

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
oggzee said:
cambric said:
I don't think that's really needed, it's just another option that adds more confusion to the already multiple ways of setting the loader up.
So, sorry but no I won't add that for now.
Sorry to hear that....
I will show you that it is useful in order to share some folders with other loaders... I'll give you a link asap...
btw, both GX and WiiFlow allow to configure the paths.....

In any case, thanks a lot for your loader...

cambo

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
pplucky said:
Hey.

Yesterday I decided to play around a bit with some of the options in the Configurator and I found 2 neat options:
* write_playlog
* write_playstats.

My question about this is: can these options be used at the same time? I have them both active and I'm sure that the entries in the playlog did not appear correctly, but the playstats look OK.

This was the sentence in Configurable USB Loader Configurator Help that led me to think that you can only have one or the other:
"If you want to save your play times to the log on the message board, you want to use write_playlog instead."

Thanks in advance.
Yes they can be used together, they control completely different things.

Were you perhaps testing with a game for which you previously saved settings? The config.txt option only controls the default value that is used when a game does not have saved settings. Any games that you have saved settings for will have been saved with write_playlog=0 and you need to update those settings with either Cfg or the Configurator.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfg v64b2 (beta)
cfg64b2.dol
cfg64b2-222.dol
(or online update)
Changes:

cfg v64b2 (beta)
* Fixed hang in v64b when checking for updates
* Fixed crash when downloading large cheat codes (Issue 100)
Possibly fixes also the occasionally corrupted downloaded cover images
* Added USBStorage_Deinit() to shutdown
* Turn off wiimotes after they are idle for 5 minutes
* Display supported controllers in wiitdb game info
* Cleanups

EDIT: ok v64b hang fixed, this v64b2 should be fine.

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
pplucky said:
Hey.

* write_playlog
* write_playstats.

Thanks in advance.
Yes they can be used together, they control completely different things.

Were you perhaps testing with a game for which you previously saved settings? The config.txt option only controls the default value that is used when a game does not have saved settings. Any games that you have saved settings for will have been saved with write_playlog=0 and you need to update those settings with either Cfg or the Configurator.
I also noticed that a while ago, when my config.txt got corrupted and I found out I had no backup...
angry.gif

I had to re-configure all config.txt settings and while doing that, I noticed that settings.cfg contained that game-specific information and I activated the write_playlog for each one individually.

I will try it again, just wanted to make sure of this.

Wii_moron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why does the program download disc covers when it downloads the cover art? I dont see a button to show the disc covers. Only front and back of the game box

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Wii_moron said:
Why does the program download disc covers when it downloads the cover art? I dont see a button to show the disc covers. Only front and back of the game box
You can edit config.txt to configure the cover_style option to display 2d covers, fixed-angle 3d covers or disc art when in the console views and the grid-based gui modes.

T

TheRealVisitor

I think this point in the FAQ is outdated: "- install game on NTFS is disabled at the moment because of libntfs write instabilities (install on FAT works fine)".

freestile

Trophies
https://www.youtube.com/user/freestilesteve
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
USBLoaderCFG - UCXF - IOS58 v8 Alternative.wad (Now using the animated icon) worked wonders for me.
I'm still new to all this stuff. although I have messed with the csm's and the TIUWII(The Impossible To Update Wii Mod).
The only channels I have displayed are the common ones I use like weather channel, internet, vote channel, news, shop
channel, nintendo channel etc etc. This along with a forwarder for WIIMC are the first ones like that I actually installed
and they both seemed to work fine. Big up to whos doing the work on these. Thanks a bunch.

jordan_ch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
oggzee said:
cfg v64b2 (beta)
cfg64b2.dol
cfg64b2-222.dol
(or online update)
Changes:

cfg v64b2 (beta)
* Cleanups

so fast!!!??
yaywii.gif
yaywii.gif
yaywii.gif

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
cfg v64b2 (beta)
cfg64b2.dol
cfg64b2-222.dol
(or online update)
Changes:

cfg v64b2 (beta)
* Cleanups

Hey oggzee.

I was checking this:

and I would say the following:
1. Bring back the company/rating info which was already there (instead of the supported controllers), in the previous stable release (63).

2. Instead of putting '200 for 1 player', I would put 'Up to x player(s)', considering the number of supported players (input players) and between (), I would put also the info for Online playing (Online play for x player(s))
Something like:
-

-

I would put
Up to 4 players (Online play for 1 player)

3. Instead of just putting '(Wiimote, Nunchuck)', I would rather put 2 lines (if applicable):
Required: Wiimote (for control type="wiimote" required="true")
Optional: Nunchuck, Classic Controller (control type="wiimote" required="false" and control type="classiccontroller" required="false")

What do you guys think?

Thanks for everything and helping make this the best loader around.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
buddy said:
I've noticed now the game info screen shows either a 200 or 201 before it displays the number of players. For example:
200 for 2 players
201 for 2 players
Hmm, rating should be there, i'll take a look.

QUOTE(TheRealVisitor @ Jan 14 2011, 02:18 AM) I think this point in the FAQ is outdated: "- install game on NTFS is disabled at the moment because of libntfs write instabilities (install on FAT works fine)".
Updated.

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Agreed. Crazy how both seeking a job at Amazon, and subsequently quitting Amazon, are both some of the best decisions I've ever made
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did someone loose a leg? You're fired
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs 55gb patch for hogwarts legacy
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Teslas are prob running Windows XP to this day.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    sometimes I wonder where I went wrong and why I'm so dissatisfied with my life
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Then I find myself arguing with someone on reddit about how blatantly wrong their understanding of the USB Power Delivery specification is.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    At 1 AM.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Where did I go wrong, again? 😕
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, What do you mean?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, always blame women
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Blame woke.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Blame society.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Woke isn't part of society they woke up from it
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    *spends years yelling "wake up sheeple"
    *acts shocked when they actually wake up
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Make up your mind.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean the government doesn't care? :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have no idea what you're talking about.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The government
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol jedi fallen order crashed on SteamDeck through ea play guess the deck doesn't have the force
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Well it's called the "fallen" order, not the "stable" order.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The "smooth running" order.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Guess they weren't lying about not being compatible
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ea play is such hot garbage for making you register per console
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ea play is such hot garbage for making you register per console