Hacking Configurable USB Loader

YuriCPS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
VashTS said:
is there a way to make a category in cfg? i want to sort my wiiware/vc forwarder isos and actual wii games...i was thinking of just marking my wii games as favorites, but i would rather have categories if its possible.
Oh, how can you make wiiware/vc forwarder isos? Which program are you using? I've tried doing it once for using with config, but I had no success.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
airline38 said:
Only covers and games can be put on a NTFS partition.
The whole base directory can be located there too now. Thus, given that the new forwarder also supports NTFS loading of the .dol, it should mean an SD-less approach is possible on NTFS.

OncleJulien said:
QUOTE(VashTS @ Dec 17 2010, 10:10 AM) is there a way to make a category in cfg? i want to sort my wiiware/vc forwarder isos and actual wii games...i was thinking of just marking my wii games as favorites, but i would rather have categories if its possible.
you can place them into different profiles: http://gwht.wikidot.com/configurable-options
He speaks the truth, VashTS. Also, use the Configurator to make the creation of profiles and the mapping of games to profiles easy.

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
oggzee said:
airline38 said:
I got DSI - Code dump error by using v62a2 - no matter WBFS
or NTFS HDD. Tried to re-start several times but got the same error.
Looks like i broke something.
Can you post the code dump screenshot?

Here is the code dump screen: (v62a2+IOS249 v20-56)

codedump.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
v62 of the Configurator is out

Download here or use online update (via Actions menu)

Changes:
  • Added gui_cover_area option
  • Added coverflow_reflections option
  • Added intro=4 value
  • Added EXT to the partition types
  • All the above bring compatibility to match 62a2 of Cfg
Translators: Sample cdbs have been updated (configurator.cdb only).

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
PabloACZ said:
Already asked this on the IRC channel, but is it possible to add compatibility with external DVD readers? Hermes added it on uLoader, I don't know if you can use the source code as a base.

If this already works in the loader, just don't pay attention to my post. Keep up the good work, btw.

Bump, :/.

D

Deleted User

bananaslug79 said:
Just picked up Mario All-Stars LE last night, haven't had a chance to load it up yet. Anyone have any issues with running it on Config USB v61?
FYI, if anyone is curious. This disc has some sort of system update to it, I don't know exactly what it does but at the very least it borked my IOS249 and I had to reinstall to get Config back. This is the first time I've pulled the dopey "install system update" from a disc not thinking it could hurt (I'm on what I thought to be the latest update at 4.3U). Argh. Lord knows what else the darn thing crapped on, although it isn't visibly obvious. Ah well.

Config works great on the game though! No worries there, at least.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PabloACZ said:
PabloACZ said:
Already asked this on the IRC channel, but is it possible to add compatibility with external DVD readers? Hermes added it on uLoader, I don't know if you can use the source code as a base.

If this already works in the loader, just don't pay attention to my post. Keep up the good work, btw.
Bump, :/.
perhaps they were exercising the second option you gave them, pablo.

Skiller

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oggzee said:
airline38 said:
I got DSI - Code dump error by using v62a2 - no matter WBFS
or NTFS HDD. Tried to re-start several times but got the same error.
Looks like i broke something.
Can you post the code dump screenshot?

Im not getting any code dumps .. but i am getting a Cant find WBFS and then i just have to go threw and pick the partition that is my WBFS ..

and that brought me to think .. is there anyway we can set up this screen to pop up (Pick Partition) if Cfg detects more then 1 WBFS partition .. (thats if it does not do this already)
and if able to alow us to name the Partitions in the .cfg files ..

And a way to block the Delete options from that area .

example

WBFS Partition 1 - Letters A-M
WBFS Partition 2 - Letters M-Z

Thanks for the great loader
smile.gif

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfg v62a3 (alpha)
cfg62a3.dol
cfg62a3-222.dol
(or online update)
Changes:

cfg v62a3 (alpha)
* fixed partition selection and crash from 62a2

airline38, Skiller:
please try this and let me know if the problems are fixed.

So, where are the linux fanatics now? Anyone care to tell if ext2fs support works?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
bananaslug79 said:
FYI, if anyone is curious. This disc has some sort of system update to it, I don't know exactly what it does but at the very least it borked my IOS249 and I had to reinstall to get Config back. This is the first time I've pulled the dopey "install system update" from a disc not thinking it could hurt (I'm on what I thought to be the latest update at 4.3U). Argh. Lord knows what else the darn thing crapped on, although it isn't visibly obvious. Ah well.

Config works great on the game though! No worries there, at least.
All updates 4.2 and beyond will detect that your IOS249 is not up to date (as the stub is a later version) and will thus ask to update. The disc updates check everything on the disc against the Wii to see whether they should be applied, not just the firmware version. The only way to avoid this for now is to install 249 into the 247 or 248 slot and use meta.xml to pass the ios argument to the slot where you installed. Thus you can leave the stub in the 249 slot and the disc will run.

Oh, and PAL All Stars works fine for me in my PAL Wii through Cfg. Trying to force it to 480p did not work, though, and my projector thought the Wii was outputting 1080i@30Hz (the game was running in a small portion of the screen at half speed too) for some unknown reason.

QUOTE(Skiller @ Dec 18 2010, 06:11 PM) Im not getting any code dumps .. but i am getting a Cant find WBFS and then i just have to go threw and pick the partition that is my WBFS ..

and that brought me to think .. is there anyway we can set up this screen to pop up (Pick Partition) if Cfg detects more then 1 WBFS partition .. (thats if it does not do this already)
and if able to alow us to name the Partitions in the .cfg files ..

And a way to block the Delete options from that area .

example

WBFS Partition 1 - Letters A-M
WBFS Partition 2 - Letters M-Z

Thanks for the great loader
smile.gif
Hopefully the new version fixes the bug. As for your requests, they are already catered for if I understand you correctly, except naming the partitions.

You can set partition=ask in config.txt and it will always ask you which partition you want to read from. Ensure you delete the partition option from settings.cfg if you want to use this.

As for the option to delete partitions, I think disable_format=1 will do what you need. If you mean the games, then disable_remove=1 should be used.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfg v62a4 (alpha)
cfg62a4.dol
cfg62a4-222.dol
(or online update)
Changes:

cfg v62a4 (alpha)
* fixed ext2fs support
* fixed error message about multiple wbfs partitions
when using a second fat or ntfs or ext2fs part.

ext2fs (and ext3 and ext4) support finally tested fixed and working.

buddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seem to have a glitch with the game synopsis that I really haven't noticed (or paid attention to) before, and not sure if it's an issue with CFG or the WIITDB database. When the synopsis for a game comes up, some are fine. Others seem to have empty spaces where there should not be, and this pushes the text up, to the point where it doesn't even show the game name. Here is an example of what I see.

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/93/piry.jpg

Couldn't find if this was reported previously, sorry if it has.

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
CFG 62a4 and 62a3 are opening my FAT32 partition as default, instead the NTFS one, and with 61a9 i don't have this problem, because CFG was detecting the first partition with games, and the FAT32 one doesn't have games.
CFG 62a2 gives me a code dump. Very weird..

PD: CFG 62a is the version that doesn't have this feature broken.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
TyRaNtM said:
CFG 62a4 and 62a3 are opening my FAT32 partition as default, instead the NTFS one, and with 61a9 i don't have this problem, because CFG was detecting the first partition with games, and the FAT32 one doesn't have games.

hmm works fine for me.
did you set it in the config.txt?
how did you set the option exactly?
Can you check if settings.cfg has a different value?
Because when you save settings, that gets saved too and settings.cfg has a priority over config.txt
Can you run the loader in debug mode (set debug=1 in config.txt or better in meta.xml) and make a screenshot of the log?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
buddy said:
I seem to have a glitch with the game synopsis that I really haven't noticed (or paid attention to) before, and not sure if it's an issue with CFG or the WIITDB database. When the synopsis for a game comes up, some are fine. Others seem to have empty spaces where there should not be, and this pushes the text up, to the point where it doesn't even show the game name. Here is an example of what I see.

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/93/piry.jpg

Couldn't find if this was reported previously, sorry if it has.
What theme is that?
It looks like it has a narrower console.
I have checked and the word wrapping is done to a constant 40 chars instead of the themed console size, will be fixed.

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
oggzee said:
TyRaNtM said:

hmm works fine for me.
did you set it in the config.txt?
how did you set the option exactly?
Can you check if settings.cfg has a different value?
Because when you save settings, that gets saved too and settings.cfg has a priority over config.txt
Can you run the loader in debug mode (set debug=1 in config.txt or better in meta.xml) and make a screenshot of the log?

My config.txt:
theme = cfg_Default
music = sd:/Media/MP3/Juegos
device = usb
widescreen = auto
gui = 1
gui_style = flow-z
clock_style = 12am
confirm_start = 1
disable_remove = 0
disable_install = 0
disable_options = 0
disable_format = 1
sort_ignore = A,An,The
ntfs_write = 1
download_all_styles = 0
covers_path = sd:/usb-loader/covers
covers_path_2d = sd:/usb-loader/covers
download_id_len = 6
video = system
fix_002 = 1
db_ignore_titles = 1
layout = large3
covers = 1
covers_coords = 16,106
console_color = 0,15
color_header = 4
color_footer = 4
console_transparent = 1
wcovers_coords = 16,106
hide_footer = 1
covers_size = 160,224
wcovers_size = 160,224
gui_text_outline = FF
gui_text_shadow = FF

Debug (with 62a4):
[3.774] wpad
[3.841] misc
[65.957] wiitdb
[65.962] --> db_load
[65.336]

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
TyRaNtM said:
My config.txt:

Looks like you don't have a partition option in config.txt and no settings.cfg?
So the partition value is the default which is auto and that will indeed look first for the first found of: wbfs fat ntfs
Hmm wait, your fat partition has no /wbfs folder?
Then you're right it should not be auto selected.
Let me know if that is the case.

EDIT: ok yes i found the issue, the check for /wbfs dir has gone missing, it will be fixed asap.
thanks for your patience!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk