Hacking Configurable USB Loader

retroguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OK, call me a noob, but I tried for hours to let cfg USB loader show me at each game more art than only the front of the cover. How can I see the back of the cover and the disc art? Yes, I did download them and they are in the correct directories. I use the latest loader version, with the grid gui_style adn the 3d cover_style, layout = large3.

what am I missing?

Ato Puro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
To see the back of the cover, simply press "up" in the D-PAD, depending on the gui_style. On the disc art, I was going to ask the same. How to show it and is there a way to show the disc art after you press "A" when choosing a game? (Like this: you have covers, then you choose a game. A game music/sound will play and game details are shown. In this screen, before actually launching the game, is there a way to show the disc art instead of the flat cover?)

retroguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ato Puro said:
To see the back of the cover, simply press "up" in the D-PAD, depending on the gui_style.

Thanks, I just found out that it works, just not with the grid gui_style which I had installed.
glare.gif

So all I had to do is to change my preferred gui_style to another one and now I can see the back of the covers also.
yaywii.gif

Now I only need to find out about the Disc art.

.44 Magnum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ato Puro said:
To see the back of the cover, simply press "up" in the D-PAD, depending on the gui_style. On the disc art, I was going to ask the same. How to show it and is there a way to show the disc art after you press "A" when choosing a game? (Like this: you have covers, then you choose a game. A game music/sound will play and game details are shown. In this screen, before actually launching the game, is there a way to show the disc art instead of the flat cover?)
Yes, just add cover_style = disc to config.txt or use the configurator and select the global theme overrides 1 tab. The 5th option down on the left side is cover_style, within this option select disc, then click generate config.txt with global options at the bottom of the configurator window and save the new config.txt to your usbloader directory.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Note that cover_style=disc will display the discs in the console and grid-based GUI modes. There is no way to have one cover type on the console and another on the confirmation screen as requested, and oggzee has shot down that request numerous times.

You can have two cover styles active at once given that the coverflow GUI modes require full covers. This gives a semblance of having the full cover to disc transition upon pushing A, but the disc will also appear if you do anything else on the console, such as going to the options screen.

T

TheRealVisitor

FIX94 said:
At first big sorry for the double post, here is the next forwarder update:
The forwarder is now in v7!
Changes:
-Re-added InitVideo
-Added NTFS support, it's stable
-Will go back to system menu if the dol file not found, in previous versions the wii simply crashed
laugh.gif

-Can now show code dumps, in previous version a code dump was there, but not displayed
wink.gif

Download:
USBLoaderCFG - UCXF - IOS58 v7.wad
USBLoaderCFG - UCXF - IOS58 v7 Alternative.wad

THX, works fine.

ReBirFh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have some problems
frown.gif

(First sorry if my english is confusing, learnt by myself)

I was using version 60 of CFG and decided to update to the latest stable ver.61

As I had already made the update procedure before I wasn't expecting any problems, but when I loaded CFG, it showed in the lower right of the screen 249 [FRAG] (In ver. 60 I configured it to 222-mload) and before it finished the loading my USB HD Shutdown, whenever I tried to restart my HD it just shutdown, I tried to find a solution but had no luck, the I started to make changes in the config.txt file, first I configured it to Ask before choosing the loading location so the HD wouldn't shutdown, then I changed it to load 222-mload again and now it seemingly solved the problem but in the loading screen it's still showing 249 but now theres is the 222-mload text under it. This is still causing my HD to shutdown, how to make it so it will show only 222-mload?

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
TheRealVisitor said:
FIX94 said:
Changes:
-Re-added InitVideo
-Will go back to system menu if the dol file not found, in previous versions the wii simply crashed
laugh.gif

-Can now show code dumps, in previous version a code dump was there, but not displayed
wink.gif

Download:

THX, works fine.

So is this forwarder able to launch the loader directly from a HDD using NTFS without an SDcard?

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
Bloodlust said:
TheRealVisitor said:
FIX94 said:
Changes:
-Re-added InitVideo
laugh.gif

wink.gif

Download:

THX, works fine.

So is this forwarder able to launch the loader directly from a HDD using NTFS without an SDcard?
Supposed to be all good -- stable. Take a shot at it, you'll see if it works on you
wink.gif

Pip'

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
[/quote]

[/quote]

Suppose ur boot.dol and some other necessary files still need to be put on a FAT32 partition.
Only covers and games can be put on a NTFS partition.

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Sorry if my question has been answered before,but the thread is too large to keep up.
Is it possible in the future,to have the option to load VC/Wiiware games from HDD without using nand emulation?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
ReBirFh said:
I have some problems
frown.gif

As I had already made the update procedure before I wasn't expecting any problems, but when I loaded CFG, it showed in the lower right of the screen 249 [FRAG] (In ver. 60 I configured it to 222-mload) and before it finished the loading my USB HD Shutdown, whenever I tried to restart my HD it just shutdown, I tried to find a solution but had no luck, the I started to make changes in the config.txt file, first I configured it to Ask before choosing the loading location so the HD wouldn't shutdown, then I changed it to load 222-mload again and now it seemingly solved the problem but in the loading screen it's still showing 249 but now theres is the 222-mload text under it. This is still causing my HD to shutdown, how to make it so it will show only 222-mload?
Either install the v61-222 version or add ios=222-mload to meta.xml

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfg v62a2 (alpha)
cfg62a2.dol
cfg62a2-222.dol
lang62a2.zip
(or online update)
Changes:

cfg v62a2 (alpha)
* ext2fs support (Thanks to Dimok!)
* new theme option: coverflow_reflection = color_top, color_bottom
color is hex rgba, 0,0 will disable reflections
default: coverflow_reflection = 666666FF, AAAAAA33
* new theme option: gui_cover_area = x, y, w, h
default: gui_cover_area = 20, 24, 600, 408
minimum accepted w, h: 480, 320
enabling debug will draw the area rectangle
* Improved coverflow to console transition
* Updated libntfs (sync with wiiflow)
* Updated grrlib: 4.0.0 -> 4.3.1
* Updated intro 4 (smaller)

NOTE: ext2fs is untested!

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
I got DSI - Code dump error by using v62a2 - no matter WBFS
or NTFS HDD. Tried to re-start several times but got the same error.

ReBirFh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
oggzee said:
ReBirFh said:
I have some problems
frown.gif

Either install the v61-222 version or add ios=222-mload to meta.xml

Thanks, I had forgotten to rename the boot.dol

D

Deleted User

Just picked up Mario All-Stars LE last night, haven't had a chance to load it up yet. Anyone have any issues with running it on Config USB v61?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
airline38 said:
I got DSI - Code dump error by using v62a2 - no matter WBFS
or NTFS HDD. Tried to re-start several times but got the same error.
Looks like i broke something.
Can you post the code dump screenshot?

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a way to make a category in cfg? i want to sort my wiiware/vc forwarder isos and actual wii games...i was thinking of just marking my wii games as favorites, but i would rather have categories if its possible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3