Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
matcon5 said:
I just tried to install Red Steel 2 and nearing the end of the installation it gave a bunch of...

WARNING: read (############) error (-2)

10 lines of that total. Then it says 99.17% of 2.97GB etc etc.
Using 56b2 on a 4.0U Wii with a Wiikey v1

Is this normal or did I do something wrong?

EDIT: After using the ALT dol method to watch that Motion Plus movie, the game boots and seems to play fine. Just worried that those errors might come back to haunt me.

Cheers, and thanks in advance.
Have you changed the value of the install_partitions option in config.txt? Was this from a retail disc?

matcon5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have not changed anything in the config.txt, and no it was not from a retail disc.

I was on 52b2 when I first tried to install it. Then I removed it, updated to 56b2 to see if the errors would go away, alas they did not.

I can seem to play the game fine, but like I mentioned.. not sure if something will go wrong later.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
It's because it's a burnt disc that is causing those errors. It could be related to somebody attempting to nerf the update partition, it could just be a bad burn or dump. Whatever the case, it's got nothing to do with Cfg. We only recommend use of original retail discs when installing games.

rablaird

Trophies
XP
Country
hi all been away from the wii for so long i updated to latest cios rev 19 and configurable usb loader v56 now when i try to load any gh games using mload 222/223 i get the error ehcmodule2 no longer supported use echmodule.elf i just want to use more than one instrument at a time.
any help would be most appreciated thanks in advance.
grog.gif

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfg v56 (release)
Cfg_USB_Loader_56.zip (full)
cfg56.dol
cfg56-222.dol
lang56.zip
(or online update)
Full package now includes a new theme "Grey Matter" by pepxl which matches the new intro.
Changes:

18-03-2010 cfg v56 (release)

* omit false DL warning

16-03-2010 cfg v56b2 (beta2)

* Choosing "Disc" from alt dol menu will prompt for
Disc Plus options on launch of game (choose for
Metroid Prime Trilogy to be asked which to play)
* Disc Plus bug fixes
* Fixed sorting of long multibyte titles (oggzee)

14-03-2010 cfg v56b (beta)

* Sam & Max fix restored for disc. (Clipper)
Gets CSI: Deadly Intent working from disc.
* Alt dol menu with scroll (Clipper)
* Gui text outline fix
* Minor intro update (pepxl)
* Minor cleanups

13-03-2010 cfg v56a (alpha)

* Alt.dol disc plus (from NeoGamma R8.RC4 by WiiPower / tueidj)
.wdm files go to: sd:/usb-loader/GAMEID.wdm
* New intro (by pepxl)

Fear_the_Tubes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the update. I've been using cfg loader for all my needs for months now and I'm loving it. I have almost no reason to load the system menu now a side from getting to the homebrew channel.

Thanks again and keep up the good work!

bert02

Trophies
XP
Country
Fear_the_Tubes said:
Thanks for the update. I've been using cfg loader for all my needs for months now and I'm loving it. I have almost no reason to load the system menu now a side from getting to the homebrew channel.

Thanks again and keep up the good work!
and if u set home button to hbc u wont even need the system menu

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Even if you set the home button to hbc, you will still need the system menu at some point. Like when your wiis nand is full of save games and then you have to spend ages going through them all 1 by 1 and deleting some to make room. Oh how we wish for NAND emu for save games....................... Then we would never need the system menu!! All savgame deleting could be done on a PC in bulk!!! And your nand is only limited by the size of your SD card too!!!

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nikeymikey said:
Even if you set the home button to hbc, you will still need the system menu at some point. Like when your wiis nand is full of save games and then you have to spend ages going through them all 1 by 1 and deleting some to make room. Oh how we wish for NAND emu for save games....................... Then we would never need the system menu!! All savgame deleting could be done on a PC in bulk!!! And your nand is only limited by the size of your SD card too!!!

That's quite a roundabout response to request NAND emulation
wink.gif
Still not gonna happen.
smile.gif

nikeymikey

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
usptactical said:
nikeymikey said:

That's quite a roundabout response to request NAND emulation
wink.gif
Still not gonna happen.
smile.gif

Lol i wasnt exactly requesting it...........
wink.gif

Would be good tho!!

sylvio2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello.
I am new to cfg usb loader, but I really like it
smile.gif

Question: Is there a working forwarder for priiloader 0.3b ? Neither I get a stack dump or just a black screen.
The only one working is the forwarder_all.dol (found here ). But I dont want to choose everytime the correct path
mad.gif

I hope somebody can help me
yaywii.gif

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
sylvio2000 said:
But I dont want to choose everytime the correct path
mad.gif
Erm...what do you mean by that? Baduncle's forwarder points to "SD:\apps\usbloader_cfg\boot.dol" (probably to "USB:\apps\usbloader_cfg\boot.dol" as well, but haven't tried it). If you just set it once, you don't need to worry about it anymore.

An alternative is looking for a beta version of the upcoming next version of priiloader (there's a link in this thread somewhere). Aside the use of magicword, it also works with Narolez's NForwarder.

sylvio2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
blink.gif
Ok. so I only have to choose once. Thats good
wink.gif

But now it is very strange. I have installed the forwarder_all.dol again but now it says it cant find a boot.dol in the folder fat:\apps\usbloader (1. option). But there is a boot.dol and I know that it worked some minutes ago.
mellow.gif

edit:
It works
smile.gif
. The forwarder-sd_usb-apps-usbloader.dol works. I dont know whats wrong with the forwarder_all.dol

nikeymikey

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wever said:
sylvio2000 said:
But I dont want to choose everytime the correct path
mad.gif
Erm...what do you mean by that? Baduncle's forwarder points to "SD:\apps\usbloader_cfg\boot.dol" (probably to "USB:\apps\usbloader_cfg\boot.dol" as well, but haven't tried it). If you just set it once, you don't need to worry about it anymore.

An alternative is looking for a beta version of the upcoming next version of priiloader (there's a link in this thread somewhere). Aside the use of magicword, it also works with Narolez's NForwarder.

Baduncles forwarder used to work for me but then the folder name changed from usbloader_cfg to just USBloader, i only noticed the folder name change when the auto update of cfg kept failing, so i downloaded the latest .zip release and saw the name change. But then after i changed the folder name baduncles forwarder stopped working.

I now have priiloader .04 and am back on Narolez's NFowarder and all is good again.

When did the folder name change? and why?

rablaird

Trophies
XP
Country
rablaird said:
hi all been away from the wii for so long i updated to latest cios rev 19 and configurable usb loader v56 now when i try to load any gh games using mload 222/223 i get the error ehcmodule2 no longer supported use echmodule.elf i just want to use more than one instrument at a time.
any help would be most appreciated thanks in advance.
grog.gif

can any one help pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeese!

rablaird

Trophies
XP
Country
so all i should need to do is to revert my settings for these games to use ios 249?
as currently there set to mload 223 which worked before i updated to v 56 and rev19.
will give it a go and report back thanks for youre help.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
that doesn't make sense, updating the usbloader and updating cios249 should not affect your 223, u must've done something else to screw up 223 (assuming it was working in the first place)

u need to change ur settings to use 249, 250, 223 or 224 depending on which of the cios' u installed (see my last post for details)

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
rablaird said:
so all i should need to do is to revert my settings for these games to use ios 249?
as currently there set to mload 223 which worked before i updated to v 56 and rev19.
will give it a go and report back thanks for youre help.
This was the ehcmodule2 error, correct? That means you must be using hermes v2/v3, which is ancient and hasn't been supported for a long time now. Was the last time you updated Cfg several months ago?

Reinstall v4 of Hermes' IOSes and you should be good. Instructions here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, sleep well +1