Hacking Configurable USB Loader

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anything changed with hdd access in this version? just downloaded version 51 and it doesnt recognize either of my hard drives using 222 mload, rolled back to 50, and it has no issues at all.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
nikeymikey said:
Hey Dr Clipper...... Is there gonna be a new configurator for v51a?

Looks like you missed the fact I already released it.

QUOTE(OncleJulien @ Jan 10 2010, 11:06 AM) has anything changed with hdd access in this version? just downloaded version 51 and it doesnt recognize either of my hard drives using 222 mload, rolled back to 50, and it has no issues at all.
Doesn't recognise them or doesn't start up? If you don't have a wiitdb.zip database yet, the loader pauses at the startup image for a keypress (unintentionally).

gannon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bug fixes + more. Hope this all works well. Thanks to Clipper for some ideas and oggzee for more directory layouts

cfg v51b
cfg51b.dol
cfg51b-fat.dol
(or online update)
Changes:
cfg v51b (beta)
* Minor bug fixes
Loader will not wait for a button press in the event a database is not found.
Disc boot menu will show the proper database information.
* Changed db_url option and db_language option slightly
option: db_url = [http://wiitdb.com/wiitdb.zip?LANG={DBL}]
{DBL} will be replaced by the db_language value
option: db_language = [AUTO], EN, JA, German, etc
* option: "-asc" is no longer necessary to specify a sort as ascending.
* db_show_info no longer hides the hdd info or footer in the console.
* Added more game directory layouts: (by oggzee)
/wbfs/TITLE_[GAMEID]/GAMEID.wbfs
/wbfs/TITLE [GAMEID]/GAMEID.wbfs
/wbfs/TITLE[GAMEID]/GAMEID.wbfs
When loading games from FAT or NTFS
* Added {PUB} to cover url options.
{PUB} will be replaced by the last two characters of the ID (the publisher)
This can be used to do things like forcing NTSC covers for PAL games by
replacing {CC} with US and {ID6} with {ID3}E{PUB}

cfg v51a (alpha)

* Wiitdb support. Can be downloaded inside the loader on the global options screen.
* Enhanced nunchuk support: C mapped to A, Z mapped to B
* Filtering of games based on certain criteria
* Sorting of games based on certain criteria
* Gameplay history
* Disc Loading
* New: Main menu accessible by pressing - or going to the global options screen.
Disc loading, sorting, filtering, and more options are located here.
* option: db_url = [http://wiitdb.com/wiitdb.zip?LANG={db_language}]
URL to download database from.
* option: db_language = [Console Language], EN, JA, German, etc
Language to use for the database. If invalid or not able to be displayed by the loader this will default to English.
Both country codes (EN) and languages (English) are valid.
* option: db_show_info = [1], 0
Show info loaded from the database.
* option: write_playstats = [1], 0
Write to the play history file.
* option: sort = [title-asc], etc
Change the default sorting method. Default is Title Ascending.

Valid sort options:
"title" => Title
"players" => Number of Players
"online_players"=> Number of Online Players
"publisher" => Publisher
"developer" => Developer
"release" => Release Date
"play_count" => Play Count
"install" => Install Date (This will only work with FAT or NTFS drives)

To use ascending add "-asc" to the option.
ie: sort = players-asc

To use descending add "-desc" to the option.
ie: sort = players-desc

fig2k4

Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
* Added more game directory layouts: (by oggzee)
/wbfs/TITLE_[GAMEID]/GAMEID.wbfs
/wbfs/TITLE [GAMEID]/GAMEID.wbfs
/wbfs/TITLE[GAMEID]/GAMEID.wbfs
When loading games from FAT or NTFS

Nice, that'll make it much easier to find/sort games using Windows explorer.
smile.gif

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
Doesn't recognise them or doesn't start up? If you don't have a wiitdb.zip database yet, the loader pauses at the startup image for a keypress (unintentionally).
thats the trick, the keypress...and thats why youre the doctor, thanks!

gdhgdh

Trophies
XP
Country
51b - it just keeps getting better
smile.gif

I have a PAL Wii connected via SCART RGB, and any NTSC games appear only in shades of red. Using composite output works fine, but the picture is awful. Is there any way to give proper colours for NTSC games? I've tried the various Force PAL50/60 ... VIDTV ... etc. options but they either have no effect or cause the Wii to freeze (not even Reset works)..

Hoping for some positive news - cfg is the most professional loader I've seen
smile.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
gdhgdh said:
51b - it just keeps getting better
smile.gif

I have a PAL Wii connected via SCART RGB, and any NTSC games appear only in shades of red. Using composite output works fine, but the picture is awful. Is there any way to give proper colours for NTSC games? I've tried the various Force PAL50/60 ... VIDTV ... etc. options but they either have no effect or cause the Wii to freeze (not even Reset works)..

Hoping for some positive news - cfg is the most professional loader I've seen
smile.gif
It's a limitation of the Wii and I believe there is no fix apart from downgrading to composite cables or upgrading to component. For mid-range, NTSC Wiis use S-Video whereas PAL Wiis provide SCART. The games can only play via the mode for their console, it's not something that can be forced.

gdhgdh

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah OK - I can understand why that would be the case.. am still on a big CRT, so no component yet - thanks for the fast reply!

I have one other question if you don't mind?

My USB HD (Maxtor basics) goes to sleep after about 10 minutes of no use (the power light pulses slowly). If I launch cfg when it's in this state, I can hear the disk spinning up, and some activity, but no menu of covers appears - the Wii freezes at the cfg logo + version number... I have to reset the Wii.. and then everything is cool again. Is there some way to do a USB bus reset before trying to access a device?

bubbleboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gdhgdh said:
Ah OK - I can understand why that would be the case.. am still on a big CRT, so no component yet - thanks for the fast reply!

I have one other question if you don't mind?

My USB HD (Maxtor basics) goes to sleep after about 10 minutes of no use (the power light pulses slowly). If I launch cfg when it's in this state, I can hear the disk spinning up, and some activity, but no menu of covers appears - the Wii freezes at the cfg logo + version number... I have to reset the Wii.. and then everything is cool again. Is there some way to do a USB bus reset before trying to access a device?

I have this 'problem' too.. nothing major, just a bit of an annoyance. The HDD must be on and ready when the loader is launched or the covers will all show up as empty or with a ? on them.

Just a quick question:

how do I change the theme/background picture? I downloaded a small pack but don't know how to get them working.

thanks!

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
bubbleboy said:
Hi,

how do I change the theme/background picture? I downloaded a small pack but don't know how to get them working.

thanks!
If you have an existing theme, just add it to the themes directory and select it as your default theme via config.txt or selecting the theme in the global option menu (push 1 twice) and saving the global options (push 2). A bunch of these premade themes can be found in this thread.

If you just have an image and want to make your own theme, the Configurator is the way to go. You can add your own overlay elements to any background image like this:

and then configure the other options to make it look good as a complete theme:

alexcalibur

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a minor complaint about the database - where quotes are supposed to be, it says ". For example, brawl now says: in the solo mode called " The subspace emissary," ...
could you add in the quotation mark support? I know it's not just one game because several of my games say it.

EDIT: I forgot to ask something I was curious about. Does the disc launching feature work like neogamma, or the other disc loaders? Because neogamma is incompatible with the newest cios or whatever, so I was just wondering what cios we could use in CFG.

2nd EDIT: I just got a stack dump on 51b. I didn't write it down, but I can reproduce it when I tell the loader to sort by release date, whether I have the database or not. Perhaps some of my games don't have a release date entered into the database, so that might be causing the crash? If you want me to write down the numbers, I will. And the crash wipes out my meta.xml too
frown.gif
(I can easily get it back, but still)

And a question... I cant seem to get the sort by play_count working. I selected it in the options, then started up brawl like 6 times to see if it would move it, but it hasn't shifted at all. I figured out that the sorting works if I select it inside of the loader, but it always reverts when I leave the loader, even though I have the line in my config.txt (and I know it's reading the line because the loader options say sort by play count, it just doesn't sort it). I also can't get the loader to remember when I change the sort order to descending from inside the loader. It always just stays ascending.

Still, awesome job, this is a bunch of new features right when I was starting to wonder what else could possibly be added.

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there any way to disable the new Menu that you access by pressing - ?
I do have it set up so that a password has to be entered to get into the old menu and to install a game etc. but the new menu can still be accessed and changed with parental controls on.

Where does the Gameplay history show up? submenu somewhere I'm missing or I have to enable it first?
write_playstats = [1], 0
Is that what thats for?

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
DGenerateKane said:
I don't know if anyone else noticed this but when you press B to see the list view (or whatever it is called) the stats at the bottom are gone in 51a. Used to say how many games were on the drive as well as space.

This is from the hide_hddinfo option, which is defaulted to 1 in the fat version of the loader (as getting free space on FAT drives takes a long time). If you want it back, add "hide_hddinfo=0" to config.txt.

I'm not running the fat version but that worked.

dottor_male

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The sort by play_count doesn't save the option for me.
I'll try later with the configurator, but from the loader itself it doesn't save the option. If you restart the loader, it will sort the games alphabetically.
This is the only bug I found so far (awsome works! this loader is getting better and better!)

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Someone asked earlier if the disc loader will load GameCube games but was not answered, I'm curious about this too. I can't test myself for a few days so would be greatful for someone to give a yes/no.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
dottor_male said:
The sort by play_count doesn't save the option for me.
I'll try later with the configurator, but from the loader itself it doesn't save the option. If you restart the loader, it will sort the games alphabetically.
This is the only bug I found so far (awsome works! this loader is getting better and better!)
The sort isn't meant to save (at least as it is now). Adding it to config.txt is the way to go.

QUOTE(Slimmmmmm @ Jan 10 2010, 07:00 PM) Someone asked earlier if the disc loader will load GameCube games but was not answered, I'm curious about this too. I can't test myself for a few days so would be greatful for someone to give a yes/no.
I already gave a no.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Spend 50 hours playing the game