TheTwoR's

Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
A moment of silence to those who are gone...
Unfortunately, all we can do is sit and hope that it doesn't get worse than that..
I'm about to burst to tears
cry.gif

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A minute of silence.

I'm seriously starting to think the Mayans were onto something with 2012.

Hugeass floods and Cyclone Yasi in Queensland, devastating earthquake at Christchurch, now this...

ecko

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
trumpet-205 said:
Narayan said:
yeah fear zoa's right, it's the same, inside the power plant, similar effects of nuclear bomb being triggered is what happens. because the blast is so strong that it's much greater force so that power can be generated. that's what i know.
A nuclear meltdown won't yield conventional explosion blast comparable to Atomic bomb, instead it'll yield considerable amount radiation. Think of it as mini-neutron bomb.
a nuclear meltdown comes closer to a 'dirty bomb'(a bomb which sole purpose is not to explode, but to spread radioactive material)

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Zorua said:
Narayan said:
sigh, my plans of migrating to japan. ruined

I clearly remember that you stated that you wanted to migrate to China in some other thread.
that was a joke. because we're talking about the 2012 movie. and the ships were located in china. but i really want to go to japan.

Swifty1992

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
TehSkull said:
Ohhhhhhh shit. This can't be good.
Why don't the designers of a nuclear plant on an island take into account natural disasters common to islands? @__@ Nuclear plants on islands should really be tsunami proof. Plants in the middle of the plains should be tornado proof, plants in coastal regions should be hurricane proof, etc.
Well, this was the fifth largest earthquake in recorded history, so it's not like the normal earthquakes they experience.

D

Deleted_171835

I guarantee that we're going to see Godzilla or some mutated lizard walking out of that nuclear plant.
25817-124376-7godzilla3toidpng-noscale.jpg

IMMA FIRIN MAH LAZOR!

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The reactor that suffered a meltdown is a boiling water reactor. The effects are bound to be locally confined to a large extent, and it took a lot of incompetence to even reach a meltdown. Comparing it to Chernobyl is pretty much impossible, as the Chernobyl reactor was graphite-moderated, which would have accelerated the meltdown, rather than slowing it down.

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fears of a nuclear meltdown in Japan have subsided after a reactor that was damaged in Friday’s devastating earthquake reportedly emerged intact from an explosion..[/p]

source

D

Deleted_171835

Apparently, the earthquake was actually magnitude 9.0.
Seismologists at the US Geological Survey in Menlo Park, California, have just revised their calculations regarding the magnitude of today's quake. They now say it was magnitude 9.0. Already one of the top 10 recorded earthquakes in history, the revision suggests the quake was even more powerful than first thought.

Harold Tobin of the University of Wisconsin-Madison told New Scientist that this figure will probably change again. This is typical in the hours after a large seismic event, as more information becomes available.[/p]
http://www.newscientist.com/blogs/shortsha...-sparks-ts.html

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: You actually ge t to own that strip club, later in the game.