Gaming [CONCEPT] Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness for Nintendo Switch

Would you like to see Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness on the Nintendo Switch?

• Total voters

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
OP
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
BDF5W4f

cWOnk4O

Now, this ISN'T any sort of leak, so please don't take these as confirmed titles. The images you see above have been edited. This is a concept for The Pokémon Company and Genius Sonority to team up again and bring these Pokémon games back to life in HD remakes or at the very least on Virtual Console. If anyone can pitch this idea out to The Pokémon Company and Genius Sonority, I would appreciate it.
According to Wikipedia...
Pokémon Colosseum (ポケモンコロシアム, Pokemon Koroshiamu?) is a role-playing video game developed by Genius Sonority and published by Nintendo as part of the Pokémon series. It was released exclusively for the GameCube on November 21, 2003, in Japan; March 22, 2004, in North America; and May 14, 2004, in Europe. Unlike previous titles, the game does not feature random encounters with Pokémon; instead, the player can steal ("snag") the Pokémon of other Pokémon Trainers. The game also features several battle modes for single-player and multiplayer gameplay.
The game is set in the desertous region of Orre. The player protagonist is Wes, a former member of Team Snagem. Throughout the game, the player rescues "Shadow Pokémon"—Pokémon who have had their hearts darkened by Cipher, an antagonistic organization—via snagging. Rui, a non-player girl, serves as Wes's sidekick and identifies Shadow Pokémon.
Pokémon Colosseum was exhibited at E3 2003. North American pre-orders were packaged with a bonus disc that allows the player to download the Pokémon Jirachi. Upon release, the game was generally well-received, with praise directed at its graphics and music. It was a commercial success, with 1.5 million copies sold in the United States and 656,270 in Japan.
According to Wikipedia...
Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness, released in Japan as Pokémon XD Yami no Kaze Dark Lugia (ポケモンXD 闇の旋風ダーク・ルギア, Pokemon Ekkusudī Yami no Senpū Dāku Rugia?, lit. "Pokémon XD: Whirlwind of Darkness Dark Lugia"), is the second role-playing video game from Nintendo's Pokémon franchise for the Nintendo GameCube. It is the successor of the GameCube game Pokémon Colosseum. The game takes place in Orre, the setting of Pokémon Colosseum's adventure mode. All of the Game Boy Advance Pokémon games can connect to this game through trading and Battle Mode.

Reactions: CatmanFan

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
OP
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
I rather just have a sequel.
I'm not saying that there shouldn't be a sequel. If there WAS a sequel, the people who play it would more than likely be lost because they wouldn't have had a chance to play the prequels if these weren't rereleased first.

keven3477

Fresh Prince of Lemonade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love this idea, I enjoyed coliseum a lot when I was a kid and I never got around getting xd gale of darkness even though my GameCube had a cover for it. But wait, didn't people already confirmed gamecube games are coming to switch.

Last edited by keven3477,

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not saying that there shouldn't be a sequel. If there WAS a sequel, the people who play it would more than likely be lost because they wouldn't have had a chance to play the prequels if these weren't rereleased first.
They could always do a recap for the new game or people can just watch old videos. :P
I mean, ports/remakes would be nice, but I'm ready for a sequel already.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
OP
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
I would love this idea, I enjoyed coliseum a lot when I was a kid and I never got around getting xd gale of darkness even though my GameCube had a cover for it. But wait, didn't people already confirmed gamecube games are coming to switch.
I don't actually know. I stay away from leaks to keep from getting overhyped and then having the hype destroyed.
They could always do a recap for the new game or people can just watch old videos. :P
I mean, ports/remakes would be nice, but I'm ready for a sequel already.
True. They could do that. I want to see Miror B. again.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
yeah i love colocceum and xD and while i love the latest pokemon games the sun and moon 3d models on 3ds were cringe worthy imo the humans and overworld, the pokemons were fine, now with the switch they have no excuse to say its due to the system contraints that they cant make an actualy good looking pokemon game in full 3d like colosseum and xD, and colosseum and xd had no gyms which was preety dope :P

LoDeus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't really like the idea of a sequel for these games :/ I mean, spoiler alert, the story ends in XD: Gale of Darkness as we destroy the lab to create dark-mons and purify the last ones, but a port in HD would be nice.

Reactions: PrincessLillie

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.