Hacking Complete list of PSP translated games to English?

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
OP
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
I really cant find complete and concrete list with download links of Japanese PSP games that are translated to English, and those games that are in progress and those planing to be translated.. you know, all the info on one place. I think it would be nice for someone to make sticky for that here :)

but in the mean time... i noticed that there are tons of great JPN games for PSP out there in the wild but no one is translated them..i wonder why is that, because some games not just look good but are pretty interesting...for example.. i like evangelion jo, ko on.. and so on... is there some patch for those games in english?

Reactions: Nightwish

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
I think that's a good idea to list those to prevent useless topics with the sole goal asking for "is game X translated I want to play it" and so on.

Released, 100% patch:
Valkyria Chronicles 3 Special Edition
Itadaki Street PSP
Danganronpa (only the first, the second will not be)
Fushiji no Dungeon (aka Shiren the Wanderer 3)
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix
La Pucelle Ragnarok
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
Way of the Samurai Portable

Released, Incomplete, 10% menu patches with only some text:
Digimon Adventure (based on the anime) (dropped)
One Piece Romance Dawn (dropped)
Danball Senki Boost (dropped)
Little Busters! CE
Blue Roses
Queen's Blade (nsfw)
Planetarian
Toradora! Portable
Mana Khemia 2 Portable Plus
Uta no * Prince Sama
Tantei Opera Milky Holmes
Clannad
Amagami ebKore+
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yakusoku
Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Iwake Ganai
Gundam AGE
Shin Sangoku Musou: Multi Raid 2
Super Robot Taisen OE: Operation Extend
Gundam Assault Survive
Gundam vs Gundam
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Extend+
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva 2nd
Tales of the World Radiant Mythology 2
Tales of the World Radiant Mythology 3
Tales of the World Twin Brave
Dai-2 Super Robot Taisen Z
Grand Knights History (useless anyways)
(probably more)

Released, Incomplete, in (serious) progress:
Sol Trigger
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s Tag Force 6

Announced, but not yet released:
Idolmasters SP
Idolmasters Shiny Festa
Final Fantasy Type-0
Digimon Re: Digitize
Sword Art Online
Tales of Rebirth
Tales of Phantasia X Narikiri Dungeon
Gundam Memories
Hack//Link

Besides those, there are more translations from English to French/Spanish for the PSP too.

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there some tool so i can translate english games into my language easy way as im not hacker, but i do have some knowledge

You use a hex editor to find the text. There's some information on where it begins in the file you'll have to modify if you want longer text, otherwise if you don't change those stick with the exact same number of letters, or more exactly bytes.
European language? Use a tile editor (like tilemolester/crystaltile) to modify the font and add those missing letters.
Tile editors will help also with modifying anything other than scrolling messages and dialogue, for example you'll be able to modify the title screen among other things.

This guide by FAST6191 is the one that motivated me to begin looking inside roms in the first place (http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/u...e-nintendo-ds-rom-hacking-pack-10-f25181.html)
It talks about DS/GBA, but the methods really apply for anything.
Only difference is the tools to exctract files: instead of Tinke like in the DS games, you'll have to use UMDGen and UMDReplace for the PSP. Otherwise it's the exact same thing.

I'm not well placed to say that, but you could also work more on your English ;) especially if you're translating from it. Friendly advice.

neoxephon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there some tool so i can translate english games into my language easy way as im not hacker, but i do have some knowledge

99% of the time, you will need to either learn a programming language and program your own tools or find someone that is willing to program them for you. Very, very few games have premade tools available. You can do very minor text editing with a hex editor, provided that the text is not compressed (most games it will be).

The main purpose of using a hex editor is to reverse engineer a file format so that you can program a tool specifically meant to manipulate that format.

If you really want to get serious about translating games, your best bet is to learn a programming language such as C# or C++ (you can use others, but those are the two most common).

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
OP
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
..best bet is to learn a programming language such as C# or C++ (you can use others, but those are the two most common).

Ok, so where do you recomend i should start? :discuss:

Oh, and hanks GHANMI

EDIT: Project Diva Extend and 2nd but not whole translated.

I love project diva2nd and extended :D playing them right now actually, it's been 2 days since i started :)) as you can see by my avatar on the left, i purchased sonic's costume (im also a sonic fan :D)

Diva 1 is not that great..except songs.. are there some hatsune games for PC?

neoxephon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so where do you recomend i should start? :discuss:

Oh, and hanks GHANMI

Well, first pick the language that you want to learn. I personally use C#. Start by learning the basics.

If you want to learn C#, there is a series of videos online for free. I used them when I first started out and I found them to be pretty good. You can find it here: http://channel9.msdn.com/Series/C-Sharp-Fundamentals-Development-for-Absolute-Beginners

You can also find a ton of tutorials by doing a simple Google search. At first you'll be making small programs that have absolutely nothing to do with game hacking, but the things you learn will be applied to that when you've learned enough.

Reactions: Metoroid0

FailName

░▒▓█▓▒░
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Released, Incomplete, 10% menu patches with only some text:
Little Busters! CE
Planetarian
Toradora! Portable
Tantei Opera Milky Holmes
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Extend+
Pretty sure sufficiently completed patches have already been released for all of these. I can't say they're all exactly at 100% English, but there's pretty much complete save for one or two things.

Project Diva Extend is "nearly 100% translated", but doesn't state much on exactly what's missing.
http://projectdiva.wikispaces.com/Translation+Patch+(Extend)

Little Busters has untranslated parts in minigames, but "the vital parts of the minigames are translated and the minigames aren’t important to the plot anyway, so if you haven’t played LB before, don’t worry, it shouldn’t be a problem."
http://patr0805.wordpress.com/2014/...ittle-busters-ce-english-translation-project/

And in Tantei Opera Milky Holmes, "Everything except the Quick Time Event videos is translated."
https://bitbucket.org/truneet/milky-holmes-psp/issue/12/full-translation

The other two are at 100%, as far as I know.

D

Deleted User

Pretty sure sufficiently completed patches have already been released for all of these. I can't say they're all exactly at 100% English, but there's pretty much complete save for one or two things.

Project Diva Extend is "nearly 100% translated", but doesn't state much on exactly what's missing.
http://projectdiva.wikispaces.com/Translation Patch (Extend)

Little Busters has untranslated parts in minigames, but "the vital parts of the minigames are translated and the minigames aren’t important to the plot anyway, so if you haven’t played LB before, don’t worry, it shouldn’t be a problem."
http://patr0805.wordpress.com/2014/...ittle-busters-ce-english-translation-project/

And in Tantei Opera Milky Holmes, "Everything except the Quick Time Event videos is translated."
https://bitbucket.org/truneet/milky-holmes-psp/issue/12/full-translation

The other two are at 100%, as far as I know.

I was gonna say the same thing also, why "Digimon Adventure (based on the anime) (dropped)" ?? The project is pretty much alive they translated like 10 chapters already and moving on.

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
OP
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
Well, first pick the language that you want to learn. I personally use C#. Start by learning the basics.

If you want to learn C#, there is a series of videos online for free. I used them when I first started out and I found them to be pretty good. You can find it here: http://channel9.msdn.com/Series/C-Sharp-Fundamentals-Development-for-Absolute-Beginners

You can also find a ton of tutorials by doing a simple Google search. At first you'll be making small programs that have absolutely nothing to do with game hacking, but the things you learn will be applied to that when you've learned enough.
Thanks m8! :)

This guy has gret tutorials! https://www.youtube.com/user/antiRTFM
I'm learning to make "Hello world!" right now lol :P but all great things start with small step, right? :D

Dothackjhe

"Joker"
Trophies
Website
wroiters.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Philippines
As far as I know, Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep Final Mix is not fully translated to English due to some constraints that made it impossible to achieve. Its translation however is closely 100% in its current state.

Also, Monster Hunter Portable 3rd is still undergoing translations to attain its 100% completion. The patch currently at version 5 still left many lines untranslated to English. The next and final version is said to be the complete translation including that of the DLCs.

Funkyspectrum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
did anyone ever translate mobile train simulator ? i would love a translation for that. I know some people have translated the screens and put up visual keys etc online but i would love an actual full english text version of the game !

Please does anyone know if this has happened or is going to happen ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo