Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Check the "Dumping/Using SHSHs with iFaith" section. (The "Restore SHSHs with iFaith" part, more specifically.)

Unfortunately, redsn0w still needs to updating to support stitching for 6.1.2, and iFaith for Mac isn't available (yet), so Mac users need to find a Windows computer.

Izen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for double post.

Anyways, can someone make/point me to a guide for restoring to iOS 6.1.2 with SHSH blobs saved?
Apple is still signing 6.1.2. All you have to do is open iTunes and restore your device. You should put it in DFU mode, first, though.
You can save your SHSHs using the latest version of TinyUmbrella. If you're jailbroken, though, Cydia has probably already saved them for you.

Latiken

GBATemp's Epic Fusion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I actually ment once Apple stops signing 6.1.2 since my 4 is vulnerable to the limera1n exploit.
Also if I dumped my SHSH blobs with TinyUmbrella, can I use it in any other stitcher like iFaith and redsn0w?

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I figured you meant when Apple stopped signing 6.1.2. ;) My answer's still the same: use iFaith to stitch together an IPSW, and put your device in a "pwned" DFU Mode (with iFaith or redsn0w). iFaith works with SHSHs dumped with iFaith or redsn0w, as well as those saved with TinyUmbrella.

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I have an iPad 2 Wifi and just used iFaith to "Server Cache" my blobs... I'm running 6.1.2 and this is what I "cached"
5.0.1-_cydia
5.1.1-_cydia
5.1-_cydia
6.1-_cydia
6.0.1-_cydia
6.1.2-_cydia

I can't dump because it doesn't support iPad 2...

So does this mean I'm not capable of downgrading?

Izen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an iPad 2 Wifi and just used iFaith to "Server Cache" my blobs... I'm running 6.1.2 and this is what I "cached"
5.0.1-_cydia
5.1.1-_cydia
5.1-_cydia
6.1-_cydia
6.0.1-_cydia
6.1.2-_cydia

I can't dump because it doesn't support iPad 2...

So does this mean I'm not capable of downgrading?
You are incapable of downgrading, unless you are on iOS 5.x. iOS 5.x can re-restore to any iOS 5.x version. If you had any SHSHs for iOS 4.x saved, you could downgrade, but as you don't you cannot.

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
You are incapable of downgrading, unless you are on iOS 5.x. iOS 5.x can re-restore to any iOS 5.x version. If you had any SHSHs for iOS 4.x saved, you could downgrade, but as you don't you cannot.
Hmm... That sucks. Is there a possibility some day we'll be able to downgrade back to 5.1.1?

Latiken

GBATemp's Epic Fusion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully if the evad3rs can't come up with a jailbreak after its patched, they can at least make a downgrade possible for all devices. At least, for A5 devices an later.

Izen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iOS 6.1.3 is live. Don't update as it patches 4 of the exploits used in evasi0n. You cannot jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 and you cannot downgrade unless you have an iPhone 4 or iPod Touch 4G.

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Unsurprisingly, Apple cut off SHSH signing for iOS 6.1.2 already. They also closed off iOS 6.1 completely, as well as 5.0.2 through 5.2 for the Apple TV (finally!).

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I've decided to take a new approach for the guide. Effective immediately, the guide is being retooled to become a universal solution (i.e. it will work for every device/gadget… even unreleased stuff like the PS4!). It's a bit of a work in progress, since this is a new discovery, but I'm working diligently on cleaning it up!

AРRIL FОOLS! ;3 The guide will return on Аpril 2, EST.

Squirps

Official Squirps of GBATemp.net™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've decided to take a new approach for the guide. Effective immediately, the guide is being retooled to become a universal solution (i.e. it will work for every device/gadget… even unreleased stuff like the PS4!). It's a bit of a work in progress, since this is a new discovery, but I'm working diligently on cleaning it up!
This guide has helped transform my iPod into the best $300 paperweight one can find! :D

Thanks Dialexio! <3
You legitimately had me scared there for a few minutes, though, haha. I was looking to check out some stuff for my iPod and I'm like "OSHIT." Nice one dude!

Reactions: Dialexio

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Glad to hear the guide worked for you! :)

I've added another method to the guide in case anybody had trouble with the first procedure. I'm also investigating a possible third method for inclusion in the guide.

Izen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A collaborative effort between longtime dev pod2g, Wii homebrew phenom and creator of the Spirit and JailbreakMe jailbreaks comex, and renowned iPhone and PS3 hacker geohot have produced a functional emulator for the Gamecube/Wii emulator for iOS devices. The emulator, which is not based off of Dolphin, can run at up to 60% speed on the iPhone 5 and iPad 4, but still runs reasonably well on older devices. The devs say they're now working on speed improvements, but in the future they'll work on compatibility and possibly even a PS3 emulator, as the two consoles have very similar architecture. You can download beta-1 here, which is installable on any jailbroken device or device register under a developer account.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, unless you mean you are tired too