Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
It's probably a Mobile Substrate extension (or a combination of them). Some Mobile Substrate extensions do like to chew up lots of resources.

redsn0w and Corona were updated not too long ago to address a problem with "launchctl." (PwnageTool was not updated, though.) Just re-jailbreak with the new redsn0w (be sure to uncheck "Install Cydia"), or install the new version of Corona to get the fix. (It doesn't matter which path you take; you'll have the same thing in the end.)

Xale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i need help...i followed the guide and saw that my iphone was hanging at the apple logo, did the whole tethered boot thing...now its hanging at the pwnapple, any suggestions?

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I heard that the untether adds a few more seconds to the boot process. But if your iPhone doesn't get past the Apple logo at all, I would restore (from a backup) in iTunes.

Xale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i tried to restoreit...but itunes is just staying at "verifying iphone restore with apple" its not doing anything at all

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so i tried to restoreit...but itunes is just staying at "verifying iphone restore with apple" its not doing anything at all
stick it in a pawned dfu state using redsn0w
yea i did that, still says the same thing, im at a loss right now
all i can think of then is to try and change your host file to proxy the apple server, then sticking it in a pawned dfu state, if you;ve already added the apple proxy in your host file then try removing it and trying to update with a pawned dfu, failing that try holding the power and menu button if it doesnt come back on take it back to an apple store and pray it still under warranty, if it is they'll just give you a new phone as long as you make up some crappy excuse.

I got a new iphone 4 just by saying the mic sometimes plays up,

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
how would i go about adding the apple proxy into my host file?
Step 3: Navigate to Windows > System 32 > drivers > etc on Windows or just etc on OS X. Locate a file named hosts, make a backup copy of it and then open it up with a text editor.
Update-iPhone-4-4.2.1-1.png

Update-iPhone-4-4.2.1-3.png

Step 4: Add the following code to hosts and save the file
74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com

On windows you cant edit the file where it is so cut and paste it to the desktop make your changes and then cut and paste back into the proper folder, do this while itunes is closed

EpicJungle

stop browbeating me can't you see i'm sexy
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here, it says iOS 5.0.1 is untethered:

iPod Touch

- iPod touch 1G and iPod touch 2G (old and new bootroms)
- iPod touch 3G and iPod touch 4G (iOS ≤4.3.3 and 5.0.1 untethered / 4.3.4-5.0 tethered)

However, over here it says it is underlined and magenta, which means it is tethered:

iOS 4.3.4 through 5.0.1, look into redsn0w.

Just a minor mistake. It is an untethered jailbreak, right? Just making sure, this is my first time jailbreaking.

clonesniper666

KRII LUN AUS
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here, it says iOS 5.0.1 is untethered:

iPod Touch

- iPod touch 1G and iPod touch 2G (old and new bootroms)
- iPod touch 3G and iPod touch 4G (iOS ≤4.3.3 and 5.0.1 untethered / 4.3.4-5.0 tethered)

However, over here it says it is underlined and magenta, which means it is tethered:

iOS 4.3.4 through 5.0.1, look into redsn0w.

Just a minor mistake. It is an untethered jailbreak, right? Just making sure, this is my first time jailbreaking.

Yes the untethered jailbreak was just released yesterday for 5.0.1 and it just has not been fixed in the OP.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
After the 3th redsn0w release to fix stuff, my iPad 1, does install at least it's bought Cydia apps.
Still problems on my iPod Touch 4, it errors on some cydia apps

Anyway, i wish the had waited a few more days to iron out the bugs :P
Now it's waiting for a jailbreak for my iPad2 :) (still on iOS 4.3.3 jailbroken) and a Jailbreak for my ATV2, can't wait to update that to iOS 4.4.4 (iOS 5)

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Want to update from jailbroken 4.2.1 iphone 4 to jailbroken 5.0.1. Want to keep all my jailbroken apps, saves etc, so how do I go about it?

Quick look suggests, sync phone and make backup in itunes, restore to 5.0.1, jailbreak it and then restore backup and sync?

If not how do I do it, most guides seem to be from a tethered 5.0.1 to untethered or untouched 5.0.1 to jailbroken.

Thanks.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I synchronised, updated through iTunes and rejailbroke afterwards; worked for me though if there's a more elegant solution I'm not sure.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Had to go into recovery mode restore to factory settings and update to 5.0.1. Then it restored my backup for me, jailbroke it and resynced my apps.

Couldn't just update for some reason, gave an error :(.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    sorabora tempBOT: sorabora has joined the room.