Coffee!

How do you take your coffee?

• I don't.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Instant

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • Filter machine

Votes: 30 24.2%
  • Pod machine (Keurig, Nespresso, other)

Votes: 21 16.9%
  • Espresso

• Filter - manual (pourover, etc.)

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • Other: moka pot, aeropress, siphon brewer, cezve, phin, a pot, that sock looking thing...

Votes: 14 11.3%
  • Milk

Votes: 41 33.1%
  • No milk

Votes: 18 14.5%
  • Sugar

Votes: 37 29.8%
  • No sugar

• Flavorings (syrups, spices, other)

Votes: 11 8.9%
  • Light - medium roast

Votes: 19 15.3%
  • Dark roast

Votes: 31 25.0%

• Total voters

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
photo_2023-02-28_11-34-14.jpg

I did the pourover thing. It's definitely a clean cup of coffee, and I love how strong the flavor profile of the beans come in. But it does taste a little...weak, in terms of the coffee? I've probably gotten too used to cold brew concentrate and espresso shots that I feel a little underwhelmed by it, especially because I always take coffee with milk. Definitely worth the like, $10 I paid for the V60 and the filters for it.

caipora

cheese eating lactose intolerant
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Dark roast, cloth filter, hot water, straight on the cup, two spoons of sugar: perfection.
I also like to drink espresso when i have the chance, it's not very common around here, we usually just drink plain old filtered black coffee.
Those yankee weird stuff like pumpkin spice coffee make me really curious, i wish i could try it out but the only Starbucks in my city is on the airport and it's average airport price - fucking expensive. We only have Cafeteria Santa Clara, which is local and, again, only plain black coffee and capuccino, espresso, classic stuff.

Last edited by caipora,

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Those yankee weird stuff like pumpkin spice coffee make me really curious, i wish i could try it out, the only Starbucks in my city is on the airport,
You can make it at home if you want to try it. "Pumpkin spice" is just nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger and cloves, and a pumpkin spice latte is coffee, warm milk, pumpkin spice and vanilla. Ratios to taste. The Starbucks version is that with a ton of sugar.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
You can make it at home if you want to try it. "Pumpkin spice" is just nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger and cloves, and a pumpkin spice latte is coffee, warm milk, pumpkin spice and vanilla. Ratios to taste. The Starbucks version is that with a ton of sugar.
That's definitely the way to go--better taste, better experience. If you don't have all those spices, and want it to taste more authentic to the Starbucks way, though, there's always flavored simple syrups from Torani/Monin/DaVinci.

Reactions: AncientBoi

caipora

cheese eating lactose intolerant
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Huh, seems to be pretty easy, i thought it used actual pumpkin on it, but searching for "pumpkin spice" i found out that is a kind of spices mix that used to make pumpkin pies! The more you learn man...
Never gonna do it anyways

Reactions: AncientBoi

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Bumping to announce that I've been drinking this beverage of the gods for a whole week and my sleep schedule has been fucked up :yay:

And it's a reason to finish all those liters of milk I have laying around.

Also @shaunj66 make a Coffee Smiley :grog: instead of beer, coffee!

Fuck it! I'm doing a Dalgona now!
rock-lee-flaming.gif

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dammit, this thread reminded me of something I've desired for a while now. Went and bit the bullet, Hario siphon is on it's way.

Did you say Siphon Filter: Dark Mirrors? Cool game

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Don't give Nestle your money.

Dammit, this thread reminded me of something I've desired for a while now. Went and bit the bullet, Hario siphon is on it's way.
Welcome to the rabbit hole. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work