Hacking Cobra 7.00 (Unofficial) Implemented into Rogero 4.46 CFW

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does this basically just save you the trouble of encrypting the PS2 games and running them via the placeholder? Or is there some other advantage (like being able to play backup discs) to this?

No, it is so easy.. I encrypted the PS2 games and running them via the placeholder myself through tutorial and I do not have a problem. I love it.

i heard rebug is working with this, so i think i will wait. ever since i made the leap from kmeaw to rebug, i haven't moved due to their rep.

i trust a rebug cfw to work on my xbox 360 :wink: j/k but really, i refuse to leap to a cfw that's released by random people. i trust rogero and rebug. thats it.

i am curious about compatibility though. i would love to know if dj max works on this.

I am on 4.46 LITE rebug.. I can't wait for them to work on it to be including Cobra as well. I dont believe in trusting except in the name of God, my love ones, a dog, and myself. Anyway, I rather rebug team than Rogero because I am a long time rebug user since 3.41 rebug. :)

I am still on 3.55 Kmeaw. Updating the PS3 may result in it getting bricked although I am mostly concerned with loosing my backup library seeing as they are all patched to work with 3.55. I might update once Rebug releases its next version just to gain PS2 compatibility although my CECHA needs additional work prior to updating such as a new PSU.

Not really. I updated from 3.41 rebug to 4.46 and didnt lose 3.41 fixed for my games when I test it but I replace all to an original eboots anyway. They works perfectly fine.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any word of these COBRA files being implemented in a build of REBUG REX or LITE CEX CFW?

when i last looked on rebug's forums apparently the team have got the cobra source ported to the latest firmware but are in the process of testing it, think I read some nasty bits that they had some problems with it but all in due time I guess

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i last looked on rebug's forums apparently the team have got the cobra source ported to the latest firmware but are in the process of testing it, think I read some nasty bits that they had some problems with it but all in due time I guess

Oh, I see. :( Would you happen to have a link to that, perchance?

I suppose I could now understand the situation better if that is why they are waiting to integrate it. Forgive me, but I can't help but be anxious to employ a Cobra-enabled CFW on my CECHA, and I've been very pleased with the overall robustness and goodies that the 4.46 REBUG REX enables, including a pseudo-DEX mode that I found really neat to experiment with. :ph34r:

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I see. :( Would you happen to have a link to that, perchance?

I suppose I could now understand the situation better if that is why they are waiting to integrate it. Forgive me, but I can't help but be anxious to employ a Cobra-enabled CFW on my CECHA, and I've been very pleased with the overall robustness and goodies that the 4.46 REBUG REX enables, including a pseudo-DEX mode that I found really neat to experiment with. :ph34r:

Bless your lucky stars, i found the posts.

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_fo...DEmu-amp-Cobra-released?p=1666366#post1666366

and...

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/279508-New-REBUG-CFW

Looking back at the conversation I got a few bits muddled up, what was said is other people who ported the cobra source into cfw's without using older files which resulted in a few bricks. Seeing as the posts were made on the 3rd and this guy in the know says soon I would like to think we could be using this in a month or two, but "soon" could just as easily be another year away

somewhereovertherainbow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got one simple question..
Im using Cobra /w Rogero 4.46 .My PS3 is Slim 120 GB. Is it impossible to play PS2ISOs ?

Tried FF 12 and DragonQuest 5 _translated_ . The results are quite grim. Loading in XMB gives TV out-sync and have to reboot ps3 by removing power cable ...

somewhereovertherainbow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ýeah. I got one last qiuestion..

Ive some PS2 Classic PSN games in .pkg file format . There is also some folder in each gamefolder called exdata ? Any idea how I install this PSN PS2 Classics?
No.. i don't wanna make ps2 into ps2 classic .

typ enda anledningen att lira ps2 vore la ff12 , älskar verkligen det.. rädda mig nä ja jobba på lear Corp med bilindustrin, o sålde min chippa ps2 nått år sen !

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ýeah. I got one last qiuestion..

Ive some PS2 Classic PSN games in .pkg file format . There is also some folder in each gamefolder called exdata ? Any idea how I install this PSN PS2 Classics?
No.. i don't wanna make ps2 into ps2 classic .

typ enda anledningen att lira ps2 vore la ff12 , älskar verkligen det.. rädda mig nä ja jobba på lear Corp med bilindustrin, o sålde min chippa ps2 nått år sen !

You don't have to install ps2 classic at all since you are on cobra. Just put the iso in \ps2iso and run it with webman. Note that the compatibility is not that great but its the same as ps2 classics...

As for exdata files, they are for reactpsn; which is to activate psn content.

Andim

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having problems running PS2 ISOs through cobra cfw. It just gives my display no signal when I start them. PS2 and PS1 work fine, but I've tried 3 PS2 ISOs now and no luck.

Edit: This appears to be the same issue stephaniie has.

somewhereovertherainbow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having problems running PS2 ISOs through cobra cfw. It just gives my display no signal when I start them. PS2 and PS1 work fine, but I've tried 3 PS2 ISOs now and no luck.

Edit: This appears to be the same issue stephaniie has.
I actually have the same issue. I can't play PS2ISO(s) or PSN Classic PS2 .

I came to the conclusion : either our TVs is wrong - as PS2 games require 720p . Or Cobra doesn't work with ps2 . But I heard he who i bought the ps3 from - managed to play PS2ISOs using Cobra . .. Idk man.. Im gonna try buying a AV Cable too see if HDMI messes things up , http://www.kaptenkrok.se/av-kabel-ps1-ps2-ps3 ...

Edit: I can say in advance. I tried playing .. PSN Classic PS2 with reActPSN ... it results in the same issue .. TV goes out of signal . So i guess its PS2 Games overall that isnt working .. I dont know .. really . Try with a AV Cable and see if that works they are pretty cheap :)

Andim

Trophies
XP
Country
I actually have the same issue. I can't play PS2ISO(s) or PSN Classic PS2 .

I came to the conclusion : either our TVs is wrong - as PS2 games require 720p . Or Cobra doesn't work with ps2 . But I heard he who i bought the ps3 from - managed to play PS2ISOs using Cobra . .. Idk man.. Im gonna try buying a AV Cable too see if HDMI messes things up , http://www.kaptenkrok.se/av-kabel-ps1-ps2-ps3 ...

Edit: I can say in advance. I tried playing .. PSN Classic PS2 with reActPSN ... it results in the same issue .. TV goes out of signal . So i guess its PS2 Games overall that isnt working .. I dont know .. really . Try with a AV Cable and see if that works they are pretty cheap :)

I already tried an AV cable, it fixes nothing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi couldn't pay hospital bills lol.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    He found out how much the ambulance ride was going to cost lol
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, so one the salesman told him would get him bitches
    +2
    In my experience women like a big shift stick with lots of power.
    Something that really burns rubbers
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only thing a nice car will get you is a gold digger. What happened to falling in love, no matter if I'm on a bus, or driving a nice car. No offense tho, I do like nice cars.
    +1
    Nothing like tearing ass up on a back road
    BigOnYa I think narcissism has all but killed love
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I think I can agree on that.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People tend to think look at everything I have gains attention but ends up making them look worse for what it is
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It would be funny to pick up a girl in a real expensive car, then next date show up in a piece o shit car just to see her reaction. If she was real, it wouldn't matter.
    Everyone is disposable and replaceable, lies and deception are the coin of the realm. I have never felt so alone and so at odds with the world.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't think we should see others as disposable just if they can show any glimps of care about humanity should be forgiven
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, she would leave you inmediately
    +1
    For a time I considered creating a new big bang. Wipe the slate clean and start from scratch....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your closest friend probably talks negative about you the most
    +1
    I know I talk shit about that Ken guy constantly lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah I just had to consile it's a age thing and I can get erect
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Right.. Take a number
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Binkinator is still around you guys. I just saw him in one of the Discord servers that I'm in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People get more mad when they learn you aren't as dimwitted as they think
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, that guy who was dissappeared?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, Yes.