Gaming Club Nintendo Rewards 2014 - US

Bent

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow, really? Am I the only one that's happy that I can get an actual game I will play instead of some dumb trinket that will sit on my desk and I can't do anything with? I think this is a great idea and was happy to hear it, though now I have to pick between the three games on the list I want. I think the only elite gift I got use of in the past was the Mario hat, which my younger brother wore when he dressed up as Mario one day for soemthing at school.

If that's really what people want though, I get that, it sucks to have the choice taken away. Maybe Nintendo should have had a game for people who wanted it and an item for those who like collectibles.

Reactions: ScarletCrystals

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
I don't like this year's that much, most of the gold rewards are just something you could play on your computer right now. I'm gonna go ahead and get Game and Wario just because I like that series, and it's the most expensive Wii U game available.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
This is the first year in a number of years that I didn't hit Platinum status, or even Gold status. I loved the rewards all the previous years rewards. These ones suck. I'm glad I didn't get platinum this time around, these are just disappointing... especially considering I already own all those rewards!

Reactions: Huntereb

Ulieq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, according to merriam-webster, free is defined as "not costing or charging anything"

It costs money to get, so it's not free. You accrue the points by buying. Whether you claim it or not is up to you. The best way to think of it is that a certain amount of your dollars goes to Nintendo to save up for the Club item. You lose your money if you do not claim it in the end.

Wellington2k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been a Platinum status member for years, and I find no real problem with this. Sure, I love my Majora's Mask CD, Mario figure, pin collection, and other cool physical rewards, but I really don't mind one year having digital rewards. Not only do I get my reward immediately, but I also have more of a selection (though I do admit a lot of the games are worth roughly $5). I'm going between either Game and Wario (worth $25) or NES Remix (worth $15). I really enjoy multiplayer games, so I'm leaning toward Game and Wario. I rented it for a few days and really enjoyed it despite the bad reviews.

Drink the Bleach

This New Member died on Sep 10, 2014
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It costs money to get, so it's not free. You accrue the points by buying. Whether you claim it or not is up to you. The best way to think of it is that a certain amount of your dollars goes to Nintendo to save up for the Club item. You lose your money if you do not claim it in the end.
I agree with you that Club Niintendo isn't free, but your idea of its not free because money is involved is wrong.

A 3DS game is the same price whether or not it has a pin in it. They're not going to price a $39.95 game lower if a code isn't packed in. And a Vita game priced at $39.95 has no rewards program. So your money is for the game, and only the game. You give Nintendo what they want to get something you want. In this its your money for software.

Now in regards to Club Nintendo, you'd get your coins only if you fill out and submit a survey. You're giving Nintendo your time, and more importantly information that better suits them for future marketing. Your name, your age, where you live, how much you enjoyed the game, how you feel, how you'll share, how difficult you thought it was, where you heard it from, why you bought the game before trying it out, personal notes and opinions, and so much more. This is valuable information that they could use and appeal anywhere from everyone to a specific age group of a specific gender in a specific region. This is information Nintendo would never have without your cooperation and it's the price you paid to get what they're offering. You give Nintendo what they want to get something you want. In this its your feedback for their "rewards".

Money wasn't involved, but that doesn't mean its free. Free means you get something without any effort or cost on your part. What you pay doesn't always have to mean dollars.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
is this just an american thing or does the EU site also do those reward thingies? because I haven't see anything about this on the Eu site and my login data only works for EU, doesnt even recognise my account on the US site... lol
I bought quite a few 3ds and wiiu games the last 1-2 years and I would like to know, where I can see, what "status" my account has ...

edit: nevermind, did some googling and found out, that americans have this gold and platinum status thingy and we don't, but therefore have the stars catalogue, which I already freakently use ^^

Correct.

Still it's pretty lame that they don't offer us these rewards if we wanted.

At least I got Mario 3D World Soundtrack so it's not all that bad.

superspudz2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i think youre forgetting we all spent our CN coins on rewards. that was the reciprocation for the surveys. the platinum status is just a little bonus. over the past year i got several free 3DS and Wii games with the coins.

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think youre forgetting we all spent our CN coins on rewards. that was the reciprocation for the surveys. the platinum status is just a little bonus. over the past year i got several free 3DS and Wii games with the coins.
Apparently, 5 minutes filling out surveys is worth a lot more than a free game.

WhiteX

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I am happy with digital rewards, be it monthly or gold/platinum, as a brazilian citizen, those are the only ones i can redeem..

On the other hand, the selection is ghastly to say the least, both monthly and gold/platinum, they should offered more "retail" games on the mix, better VC and more games overall.

That being said, i am willing to trade my gold reward with anything megaman related

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm disappointed, Nintendo. You used to have great rewards, A golden Wii Wheel, a Mario & friends statue.. Then you started offering buttons and CD's.. and now DLC?

I know they don't have to offer rewards at all, but they really need to step their game up.

Zaide

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
45004850.jpg

Reactions: avran89

fischermasamune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We can redeem only one game? I redeemed one (DKCR) and apparently rewards are still available.

I'm disappointed, Nintendo. You used to have great rewards, A golden Wii Wheel, a Mario & friends statue.. Then you started offering buttons and CD's.. and now DLC?

Which of the rewards is considered DLC?

Foxchild

Goomba Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IDK, at least I'll actually use Donkey Kong as opposed to my playing cards that sit on a shelf and my posters that sit on a ...wall. Still, with 3 kids, those were gifts we could easily share. With three 3ds's (and probably soon a 2ds for the daughter), we always buy carts so we can easily share our games - our platinum prize will be stuck on one console, which will be inconvenient. Bad enough you can only link one unit to the club nintendo account as it is. Also, I imagine there are a few out there who literally already bought every game available as a prize - bet they're not too happy right now.

Most retail companies anymore try to get you to take surveys and/or sign up for their loyalty program. Some only offer sweepstakes entries, while others give you discounts, free items, cash back, or whatever. Overall, I think Ninty's program is decent, (and honestly the downloadable games they make available every month are the only items I've ever actually cashed in coins for) and the bonus prizes for hitting gold or platinum are a nice extra. I predict, like it or not, though, that future years will see those platinum prizes will likely stay downloadable games only - no more exclusive swag - so get used to it.

Now, if they would just release the golden nunchuk one.. last... time. I'm still holding on to 900 coins in my bank for that slim hope...

elm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really enjoyed getting the Wario game with my Platinum status. I guess Nintendo is NOT making much of a profit these days, and this is the best that they can do, for now (Let's hope)

I'll always love Nintendo!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.