KeyMerVin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi!. I asked it on reddit, but I´ll ask it here too ^^

So... I have a NieR: Automata save on a modded and non banned Switch. I used Breeze+ Overclock to get the game to 60 FPS.

Using Breeze leaves "bad traces" on a save file? I did not apply mods; just cheats, btw

I uploaded that save file to Nintendo´s Cloud, and... I have 2 Nintendo Switch:

- The V1 Switch where that save file was uploaded from

- A non modded OLED one where I really use to play all of my games.

So, the question is: if I add the Nintendo´s account from the V1 Switch to the OLED and download that save file I´m talking about from Nintendo´s cloud... do I risk a ban on the OLED?

I think it would not be fair, and that could even create "infinite bans", couldn´t it?

Thanks

KeyMerVin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Modded saves could be a ban reason, yes.
But... doesn't that mean you could get infinite consoles banned just for downloading a save file stored at Nintendo's cloud? Isn't that too much?

Besides, the save file... is it modded even if I only ran cheats, which work on the RAM?

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I uploaded modded saves to Nintendo cloud and nothing is happened, so no ban.

but... edit the saves for Splatoon 2/3, Pokemon (illegal Pokemon) and Super Smash Bros Ultimate are discouraged because of in game ban.

belliq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I believe it's game dependent. I've never seen a ban for Animal Crossing New Horizons modded saves cloud or not and map/RAM editing is incredibly common with it, I believe Pokemon is also okay depending on what you were doing. Like obtaining unreleased Pokemon and then cloud saving would be a hard ban but using Pkhex for editing is safe. Super unlikely any offline-based game like NieR would be a problem especially if you're using temporary RAM edits like FPS modifiers that don't modify any game content, YMMV of course but their bans are almost always multiplayer focused due to cheating concerns.

djcraze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo's doesn't even invest in proper CDN infrastructure, it's highly unlikely they have the resources to scan your saves for cheats. I say you're fine.

Reactions: KeyMerVin

ThiagoAdami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I believe it's game dependent. I've never seen a ban for Animal Crossing New Horizons modded saves cloud or not and map/RAM editing is incredibly common with it, I believe Pokemon is also okay depending on what you were doing. Like obtaining unreleased Pokemon and then cloud saving would be a hard ban but using Pkhex for editing is safe. Super unlikely any offline-based game like NieR would be a problem especially if you're using temporary RAM edits like FPS modifiers that don't modify any game content, YMMV of course but their bans are almost always multiplayer focused due to cheating concerns.
I have the same problem here but I don´t know how to transfer save data anda I am going to explain what I want!
I want to transfer my modded animal crossing save to my unmodded animal crossing to the same console because I have the original game too. Is it possible? and how can I do this? Thanks a lot

KeyMerVin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
With Animal Crossing I'm not sure I can help, because it's a special case. But for my question now I have an answer too; no ban. At least by now, and should not get one

The save is now on two non modded and the modded one. I uses Nintendo Cloud Storage for the copying

Cheers! And thanks everyone ^^

Reactions: ThiagoAdami

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem here but I don´t know how to transfer save data anda I am going to explain what I want!
I want to transfer my modded animal crossing save to my unmodded animal crossing to the same console because I have the original game too. Is it possible? and how can I do this? Thanks a lot
I'm trying to understand about what are you trying to say. Cloud save isn't supported for Animal Crossing (ACNH) so you have option - download official app from eShop to transfer the save to other Switch.

or use JKSV to transfer save - ACNH uses device save.
Post automatically merged:

With Animal Crossing I'm not sure I can help, because it's a special case. But for my question now I have an answer too; no ban. At least by now, and should not get one

The save is now on two non modded and the modded one. I uses Nintendo Cloud Storage for the copying

Cheers! And thanks everyone ^^
Your welcome, you will be fine.

Don't load modded saves on Pokemon (all series), Splatoon 2/3 and Super Smash Bros Ultimate while Switch is connected to internet, that all.

Last edited by JeepX87,
Reactions: ThiagoAdami

ThiagoAdami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm trying to understand about what are you trying to say. Cloud save isn't supported for Animal Crossing (ACNH) so you have option - download official app from eShop to transfer the save to other Switch.

Don't load modded saves on Pokemon (all series), Splatoon 2/3 and Super Smash Bros Ultimate while Switch is connected to internet, that all.
I want to transfer to the same console, not a different one. I want to use my modded save on my unmodded game.

I'm trying to say that I want to use the modified save from the unlocked Switch with the original game in locked mode on the same device. I don't have two switches.

Last edited by ThiagoAdami,

ThiagoAdami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Are you saying that you have emunand and sysnand? You want to move a save from emunand to sysnand?
That's it! But I don't know the steps to transfer the save.

take a look what I found ...
This is what I need!

JKSV is the one I'd recommend. Checkpoint is good, and tinfoil also has a built in save manager. Realistically if you're more comfortable with a certain software they all work pretty much the same
  1. Open save manager
  2. Back up save
  3. copy save from sd card to pc (FTP, SD card reader, MTP)
  4. copy save from pc to new switch sd card
  5. use save manager to put the save file back.
as an added bonus if animal crossing is one of the games you can use the island transfer tool between both hacked and non hacked systems. How can I do this?

Last edited by ThiagoAdami,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning...