Closers Comp - Winners Announced

gbatemp_closers_contest.jpg

Thanks to everyone who entered, it was very hard for us to choose just 5 of the entries.

Here are the winners for the comp:

Look out for your keys later today!

@thewarhammer
@Jeffryxd
@Naegi_
@WhiteMaze
@Rhymei

--------------Original Post-------------------

Today we have a bit of a treat for ye 'tempers!

En Masse Entertainment has very generously sent over 5 codes to use with their latest MMO: Closers

In Closers, players become an elite agent of UNION, an organization dedicated to dealing with the threat of interdimensional aliens spilling through a series of mysterious portals that have appeared throughout New Seoul. At launch, players can choose one of five playable members of the Black Lambs team: Seha, a reluctant combat genius; Sylvi, the dedicated leader; Yuri, the skilled martial artist who only recently discovered her powers; Misteltein, a prodigious young boy with amazing support skills; or J, the grizzled veteran with a troubled past. Each character’s unique personality and combat style allows players to chart their own path through a complex, branching narrative, upgrading their skills and weapons along the way, and unlocking amazing new powers in a quest to vanquish a gargantuan interdimensional threat.

These codes will redeem the Ace Closer Bundle Founder’s Pack that has a full value of $570 and is currently on sale for $149.99. It will grant players the pack exclusive Dark Command costume as well as three other costumes, six full months of Elite Status, premium currency, instant closed beta access, and much more.

Closers: Ace Closer Bundle includes:

Dark Command Costume
Ivory Icon Costume
Tan & Ash; Sweater Club Costume
Phase Wings
Founder's Title
10x Mystery Boxes
10,000 En Masse Points
Elite Status for 180 days
Monster Cat Pet

So what do you have to do to be in with a chance of winning one of these packs? Simple, draw us an original anime-inspired character, digitally or photographed/scanned - with a description of their name, backstory and unique abilities or powers. Our staff will choose their top 5 and each one will win a code.

You have until December 28th to submit your entry in this thread.

CLOSERS SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
RECOMMENDED:

Processor: Intel Core i3
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce 8000
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 5 GB available space

:arrow: Closers Impressions
:arrow: Closers Official Site
:arrow: Closers on Steam

acidmango

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mlc_profile.png

This is MLC-87.

Their real name is unknown, as they awoke only with a toe-tag that labeled them as Medico Legal Case #87 and that their body was retrieved from a lake.
Technically they are undead and the green mask is an old trashbag that's fused to his head. They are also mute and unable to convey any words or thoughts, only emotions - though he is often eerily content in most situations.
Being undead, they feel no pain and can perform extreme contortionist maneuvers.
He is an original character I created for an anime inspired comic.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Roboman Sam. The result of research into developing humanoid bulldozers. Midway through development a prototype bulldozer, Retzfeld Jakov, escaped and began destroying the town of of dozerton. Sam, bulldozer prototype unit 2, is the city's last hope.

Roboman Sam has the unique ability to demolish a midsize American home in under 3 hours. Don't miss the excitement, the first episode airs this August!
ZJtCRVa.jpg

Open this spoiler if you want to see the antagonist.
Retzfeld Jakov, UNIT-01 (This one is just for fun)
FUyiyLI.jpg
Open this spoiler if you want to see my interpretations of other people's OC
@acidmango 's MLC-87
3F1hN1x.jpg

@kuwanger 's Sadim
yZvuxkV.jpg

@jahrs 's Daemon Lysandre
rudGTkf.jpg

Last edited by x65943,

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Roboman Sam. The result of research into developing humanoid bulldozers. Midway through development a prototype bulldozer, Retzfeld Jakov, escaped and began destroying the town of of dozerton. Sam, bulldozer prototype unit 2, is the city's last hope.

Roboman Sam has the unique ability to demolish a midsize American home in under 3 hours. Don't miss the excitement, the first episode airs this August!
ZJtCRVa.jpg

Open this spoiler if you want to see the antagonist.
Retzfeld Jakov, UNIT-01 (This one is just for fun)
FUyiyLI.jpg
Open this spoiler if you want to see my interpretations of other people's OC
@acidmango 's MLC-87
3F1hN1x.jpg

@kuwanger 's Sadim
yZvuxkV.jpg

@jahrs 's Daemon Lysandre
rudGTkf.jpg

If your talent wasn't obvious enough from the previous contest, this post definitely proves it.

Keep up the good work. Never stop being an artist!

Reactions: x65943

thewarhammer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Rafael, the 10th Seraph

The youngest among them, Rafael is one of the Seraphs, holy warriors bestowed with the divine weapons to protect Arcadia.

After his encounter with the Great Cataclysm, his left arm became corrupted after getting in contact with the River of Souls. Because of this, he gained the ability to absorb power directly from it. But as the power can be too much for him to control, it has to be constantly sealed.

Besides this, he uses the Heilige Waffen, sacred fans with the power of the four elements.

Attachments

• 20171225_205738.jpg
    20171225_205738.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 243
Last edited by thewarhammer,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rafael, the 10th Seraph

The youngest among them, Rafael is one of the Seraphs, holy warriors bestowed with the divine weapons to protect Arcadia.

After his encounter with the Great Cataclysm, his left arm became corrupted after getting in contact with the River of Souls. Because of this, he gained the ability to absorb power directly from it. But as the power can be too much for him to control, it has to be constantly sealed.

Besides this, he uses the Heilige Waffen, sacred fans with the power of the four elements.
I really like this one. Gives you enough to imagine your own story, and I'm a sucker for Cloaks and Coats lol. Plus the "sealed arm" looks really cool!

Reactions: thewarhammer

Newwaverap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Morphose.jpg
Here is our entry, her name is Morphose. Pronounced (More) and (Foes). She came from a distant planet long before humans inhabited the earth. She has had the amazing ability to be one with the planet and she has literally been every creature on this planet. From the microbes in the primordial ooze, the dinosaurs to the great white sharks of today. By assuming their appearance she has learned not only their language but also their way of life. She can employ the help of any species she transforms into and can command great armies of creatures if necessary. She can be considered to be "Nature" epitomized. She fights for all living things and will not give up in her quest for universal peace.

Naegi_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys! Lurker and finally new member passing through, thank you for having me in advance! :D

I always wanted to do something like this and finally decided to create an account and create something for this competition.
You can see the initial sketch on the right and the finished piece in the middle.

---------------------------

This is my character.

His name is Hayato Makoto.

Finished_HayatoxTempy.jpg

His Story:

The Dungeon, an ancient resource of monsters just waiting to flood the continent should their numbers overwhelm the depths in which they inhabit. There are those who wish to keep those numbers under control, and those who wish for the denizens of the Deep to run rampant across the overworld. Below that are the tools used to do so, adventurers. One such tool is Hayato, an orphan at birth, raised in Orio, the city built around the dungeon, designed to raise the adventurers required to keep everything under control. A life in a foster home and days filled with stories of amazing sights in the depths below meant that Hayato was naturally going to sign on to become an adventurer when he came of age. Sadly, doing chores and listening to stories all day are not what makes a strong adventurer.

Hayato signed up to become an adventurer only to meet the grim reality, an untrained orphan that can only dream of facing a monster is not comparable to the many that have been raised for such a purpose, which tends to be the case in Orio. Such a reality meant he had to train in the safer outskirts alone, as others traveled further for more experience to allow them to jumpstart their descent into the Dungeon. This slow progress wore on the mental state of Hayato and his desires to rapidly obtain entry into the dungeon, opening him up to a darker influence, that of Evilus.

The promise of the training and power Hayato needed to see the sights that he has only heard of were more than enough for him to accept an offer provided by Evilus. He was given powers that enabled lightning fast speed and paralyzing blows to disable and take down any unsuspecting target. Hayato had become molded into the shape of an assassin, a killing machine, taught to kill the higher ranks of adventurers.

He was more than eager to repay his debts to Evilus and confirm the stories he had been told as he took his first step into The Dungeon, but at the same time, he also took his last step in becoming a being of chaos.
His greed for Adventure turned him into an exploitable tool, and with every life he takes his mind crumbles more and more, turning him into an Insane killing machine.

He now lives his life as an assassin for Evilus and became one of the most feared beings in the Dungeon.

Abilities :

Raiton

Hayato can form a Lightning aura around his Weapon which enables him to inflict paralyzing strikes on his victims.

Shadowstep

By manipulating the Shadows, Hayato can teleport short distances and close in on his target with lightning speed.

Sword Mastery

Hayato’s go-to Weapons are Short Swords. They are light and combined with his abilities become a Deadly Tool.

Gaze of the Snake

Hayato's right eye has the ability to paralyze his victims if he looks them directly in the eye. He uses this ability to render his victims immobile and then slowly torture them using his Swords.

Afterword

Sorry for the wall of text, i kind of went overboard with my Story writing D:. Some of you will recognize that my story is slightly based on a popular Anime which i’m a big fan of :D. I have always liked the idea of the Dungeon and an actual experience system in a real World and came up with this Story for my original Character.

Thanks for reading and Good Luck everyone!

Last edited by Naegi_,

Armalord

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First post. Hi there!

Character name:

Sumire

Suumire2.png

Backstory:

She was born in a small village, being harassed by the larger neighbour village whom made the smaller village's people work for them, and killed the villagers who revolted.
Growing up, she came to hate the treatment, and wanted them to disappear. She began to train in the woods.

One day while training, she found a sword - which spoke to her. Offering to free the village from its misery. Being the naive girl she was, she agreed.
She returned to the village, with the sword in hand. She suddenly began to lose consciousness, the demon within the sword took over her body. When she came to, she found the entire village in ruins. Everyone, including her own villagers were massacred.
The demon was now apart of her, slowly taking over her mind.

She is now on a journey, attempting to cleanse herself from the demon and learning to fight without relying on her power - despite the huge amount of power it gives her.

Power/Ability:

She's able to exceed the limits of the human body and gain immense power, reflexes and as her sword slices through everything within its vicinity. However doing so, makes the demon's corruption spread faster.

Edit: Format/Resizing

Last edited by Armalord,

Rhymei

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This looks like fun!

Nobody knows how, but one day the world as we know it simply ceased to be. It just... merged with countless other worlds, resulting in strange caverns, dungeons, even entire cities spawning all over the globe. Terrifying creatures now roam the land and people are developing strange powers, some more useful than the others. It is just as weird and incomprehensible to us humans, as it is to the otherworldly beings and Maiyutoroknroteph was in deep shock when she left her lair to be welcomed by a bustling Japanese city, and soon many screams of terror...

Several months have passed and while there are still many humans who exploit their newfound powers and hostile beasts lurking about, the world has calmed down considerably and humans are learning to accept the odd guests.

Mayu, as humans prefer to call her, is slowly adjusting to her new life as a not so average school girl. She's come to adore the human culture and really enjoys playing computer games, reading manga and doing other teenager stuff. She's hoping to make many friends and maybe even find a loved one, but her terrifying form makes it a bit of a challenge. Not easily discouraged, Mayu continues to do her best. Will she succeed? Watch and see for yourself!

upload_2017-12-26_22-45-30.png

Abilities:
- Spinning web
- Shooting tiny hairs with weak sleep poison in them
- Walking on walls
- Being both cute and creepy at the same time​

Attachments

• upload_2017-12-26_22-43-5.png
    upload_2017-12-26_22-43-5.png
    227.1 KB · Views: 176

Naegi_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Looking at all these amazing entries makes me want to rethink my submission lol.

I actually really like the attention to the detail in your submission, especially the reflection in the Water looks amazing!

Of course all the other submissions also have very unique styles and it's one of the reasons why i love competitions like this.

Im glad that i managed to finish my piece in time after pulling an all nighter :D I really need a break now.

Last edited by Naegi_,

Aracea

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Her Name is Amira Lam.
Amira.png

Backstory:
On this day, younger magic users from far and wide gathers at the capital, Eastcliff, for a chance of admittance to the prestigious Eastcliff Academy. This academy has produced nearly all of the greatest magic users in the country; simply being accepted into the school is an acknowledgment of great potential. Those who wish to enter have to pass both a written and practical examination, with only those who excel in the written portion being granted the right to take the practical.

Amira is one magic user who is poised to gain entry to Eastcliff Academy. She is a commoner, born to the Lam family located in the town of Sanlow, not too far from the capital. Amira has a natural born talent for magic, significant enough for her parents to pursue this. They made the decision to spend whatever money they could spare into training Amira as to unlock her full potential. While the training was certainly lesser than that of which a noble is provided, Amira's abilities are comparable.

It was not all great for Amira though, the relentless and forced training given to her by her parents left her with a robbed childhood and slight resentment for her parents. Her parent's desire for Amira to be successful as well as the status and wealth that came with it forced Amira down the path of becoming a mage. Amira is now locked into a situation where if she does not succeed in becoming a worthwhile mage, there will be nothing else left for her in life.

Powers:
Being born in a world where everyone is capable of magic to some degree, Amira is no exception. Her specialty lies in the conjuration school of magic, a school of magic that works with bringing thoughts into reality. That is to say they can create temporary objects and even living creatures out of mana.

Last edited by Aracea,

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 109335 Here is our entry, her name is Morphose. Pronounced (More) and (Foes). She came from a distant planet long before humans inhabited the earth. She has had the amazing ability to be one with the planet and she has literally been every creature on this planet. From the microbes in the primordial ooze, the dinosaurs to the great white sharks of today. By assuming their appearance she has learned not only their language but also their way of life. She can employ the help of any species she transforms into and can command great armies of creatures if necessary. She can be considered to be "Nature" epitomized. She fights for all living things and will not give up in her quest for universal peace.
that looks familiar

4536368-117.jpg

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have way too many games on my back list plus i can't draw worth of garbage i can only draw stick people good luck to everyone.

Reactions: Naegi_

thewarhammer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Looking at all these amazing entries makes me want to rethink my submission lol.

Don't be like that, you can always improve but your comission is very solid. I suck hard at digital art, for example.

By the way, I was a bit bored at work today, so I made a "fanart" of Sora. Hope you like.

20171227_183818.jpg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't be like that, you can always improve but your comission is very solid. I suck hard at digital art, for example.

By the way, I was a bit bored at work today, so I made a "fanart" of Sora. Hope you like.

View attachment 109411
That is awesome! I like the traditional anime look and the extra coat detail on him

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: ye