*closed!* BittBoy FC MINI Handheld BLACK FRIDAY Give-away

bittboy1.png

NOW CLOSED!

To celebrate this years Black Friday , GBAtemp have partnered with BittBoy.com to give our members a chance to win 1 of 2 BittBoy FC Mini Handhelds.

Sporting a Famicom-style design, a pocket friendly size and bright IPS screen; the BittBoy FC Mini is a great way to experience the 300 classic NES games that are built right in. The BittBoy also features a rechargeable battery, TV output and evn turbo buttons for more convenience.

GBAtemp are giving away 2x White BittBoy FC Mini Handhelds - to enter just register for free at GBAtemp if you are not already a member and post in this topic telling us your favourite retro gaming memory (doesn't have to be GameBoy related and only needs to be a couple sentences or more) and a winner will be picked at random on Friday November 24th. Also remember to Like BittBoy on Facebook and Follow BittBoy on Twitter.

Full details can be found within this topic, so just enter the link below to get entered!

:arrow: Bittboy FC MINI Handheld BLACK FRIDAY Give-away

BittBoy.com are offering a 10% discount to all GBAtemp members for those that wish to place an order at BittBoy.com - simply enter code "bf10" at checkout to recieve a 10% discount on your order total.

Last edited by shaunj66,

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My strongest memory is on a NES playing a game called Shadowgate and how it took me a decade to figure out a puzzle in the game and realized that the game was nearly complete. The thing is after figuring out what to do, the whole game takes only 10 minutes to complete, ugh, it took me 10 years to complete a 10 minute game :wtf:.
I did though stopped playing it most of that time though, due to not figuring out what to do.

Last edited by RandomUser,
Reactions: Pandaxclone2

Sym

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keeping my NES paused while I went to school so I didn't have to restart Super Mario Bros. First time making it to world 8 and I didn't want to lose my progress.

LuLuLu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.bittboy.com
XP
Country
United States
My first gaming memory was my family's Atari 7800. I don't know how young I was when I played classics like Food Fight, Donkey Kong, and Dig Dug on that machine, but my favorite memory came after when my parents upgraded to an SNES. I fell asleep while they were hooking it up. I woke up to the first level of Super Mario World. The entire family bonded over that machine for many years. In fact the very same console is still at my mom's house with a piece of the plastic casing missing and it turned a gross yellow color. Surprisingly it still (mostly) works!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, @shaunj66 how do you know whether we liked bittboy on Facebook?
We will know.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Tubby31

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
My first Contact with Videogames was a GameBoy whit Tetris and Super Mario Land as a 6 Year Old Child and that makes me so happy that i play a lot :) And Today it´s my Hobby and i meet a lot of very good friends during online Gaming and i would happy again like a 6 year old child when i win this peace of Retro :)

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
My best memory is from when I was 8 years old.

I lived in Montréal back then, and my family was rather poor. We didn't have much money to afford extras like toys and video games.
One day, a former friend of mine, called Jennifer, was really nice with me. Cheerful girl, and very much caring about her friends. She gave me her Gameboy Pocket, with Pokémon Silver, absolutely out of nowhere.
It was an amazing gift for me. I never ever knew Pokémon outside of the anime, so it was a totally different world to me. I played so many hours in it. Despite the language barrier, because I only spoke French back then, while most games only existed in English, it was very difficult for me to progress. And yet, after so much grinding, I eventually finished the whole thing.
That was certainly the best time I have ever spent playing on a Gameboy, by far.
I no longer own the Gameboy, nor the game, but the memories remain.

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My favorite memory was when I was playing Sunshine Stables on GBA and found a horse that costed a negative amount of money. When I bought it, I was rewarded with an ass ton of money in game. I realize now, today, that it was probably an integer overflow bug, but I thought it was an amazing glitch at the time... :)

Reactions: VinsCool

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My favorite retro moment was when I downloaded the (a) Sega Genesis emulator and played "backups" of all the games I played on Sega Channel as a kid. Gunstar Heroes was my jam.

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
My first ever time playing Earthbound! The SNES was launched just under a decade before I was born. Almost two and a half decades after it came out, I played Earthbound and it was the most exuberant, joyous, and heartwarmingly nostalgic gaming experiences I've ever had. Literally took me back in time to when I was really young. Fantastic game, one of my all time favorites.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
My favorite retro gaming memories are from when I was a kid, and my mom would sometimes rent a SNES with Donkey Kong Country, Bubsy or Super Mario. We would play it multiplayer for hours until I had to go to bed.
I didn't own a game console yet at this point, so those are some of my earliest gaming memories, and they will always hold a special place in my heart. Gaming was new and exciting and I would give anything to be able to experience games for the first time all over again, it was truly mind blowing.

MarKSlasH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I remember when I've got an Atari 2600 from my father, played a lot of Enduro, Frostbite, River Raid and many others.

My best retro memory is when I figured out how to beat Jungle zone act 2 on Sonic foraster System.

Varon12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I remember fondly playing Adventure Island 2 and always getting so stoked when I got on a skateboard or got a dinosaur to ride. Anyways I had played all day and my brother accidentally knocked the old NES that we got from a swap meet off the dresser and caused it to turn off. then two days later he lets me know he played all night to get me back to where I was in the game. Still have that old console with a chip in the plastic corner as a reminder.

Nulla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have more retro gaming memories than I could count, can I post more than one? I remember going to this one local game store every Sunday where they let you play any game you wanted in the store for an entire hour for like a dollar. I would always play Zelda Majoras Mask because that was my favorite game series back then. The store has long since closed. This may not count as "retro" to many people but I also remember playing Wind Waker for the first time as a demo at the local beach where I live. Some big tour truck stopped by the sand and there were Gamecube kiosks and me and a bunch of other people ran up from the water to play the demos. Oh and then there's playing Super Mario 64 for the first time and even as a kid being blown away by those 3D graphics :lol: I remember as a kid thinking "Man this game is so huge!" And even later on I would get blown away again when I played the same game on my Nintendo DS now that it was portable!

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
I would say receiving my first computer on christmas when I was around 7 or 8 years old. It was a Commodore 64 breadbox style. It wasn't retro at the time of course, it was still in production. The games I got with it were absolutely terrible, but they remain some of my favorite game to this day. I sat and played on the thing for days in the living room on the 'big' 24" tv, then eventually it was moved into my sisters room (hers was biggest) and we both played on her 18" colour 'portable' tv. Eventually she got sick of me waking her up a 6am to play games like bubble bobble, ant attack, flimbos quest, top duck, hover bovver etc. I finally got the C64 all to myself in my room, with my 12" black and white tv. It wasn't too easy playing hustler in greyscale, but that was part of the fun.
The C64 remains one of my favorite computers to this day, I just which I had the space to keep one set up permanently.

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello!

My favorite retro gaming memory is getting scared to the point of dropping the controller and running away the first time I transformed into Supersonic in Sonic 2 back in 1993, which I wasn't aware of. The Supersonic transformation makes my heart race to this day!

Closet Nerd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Easily: Pokemon silver on GBC. Most people are aware that in the postgame you can catch the 3 legendary beasts who roam Johto. Except I was 12 and it was 1999 and this information was not widely circulated at the time even if basic knowledge. Fast forward 10 years later and the battery on my silver cartridge still works so my save is there - I wound up using the repel shenanigans I learned via the internet and got the 3 beats in one afternoon.

Reactions: Pandaxclone2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...