Homebrew Cleanrip - Split files on NTFS even when I told it not to

Cyber Akuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I am trying to use the Project M ISO builder to mod my copy of Smash Bros Brawl into Project M 3.5.

The version of the ISO I had ripped with USB Loader GX tossed me several invalid partition errors, I figured this might be because USB Loader GX doesn't do a clean rip of the game.

So I installed Cleanrip to my Wii, and plugged in a NTFS USB drive.

I set Dual Layer to Yes, Chunk Size to MAX, and New Device Per Chunk to No. I wanted it to rip the game into a single ISO.

After about 30 minutes, it was finished, and said that the file was even redump verified.

So I plugged the USB drive into my PC and..... was surprised to find TWO iso files. RSBE01.iso and RSBE01.part0.iso, being 8 gigs and 8 megs respectively....

I tried to join them, but the joined version didn't have a matching CRC/MD5/SHA-1. The single RSBE01.iso file however, did.

I am confused here, what is the RSBE01.part0.iso file? Why did it still split it when I told it not to? Why does the CRC only match for the RSBE01.iso file? How can I tell if I need to join the RSBE01.part0.iso file with RSBE01.iso or if it's just junk data?

dheltibridle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might want to verify this, but I think that this happens because the disc has two partitions. Typically the part0 partition contains the system update info that would run if you played the game through the disc channel. The part1 partition is typically the actual game data. I believe there are iso tools out there that can edit this to remove the update partition. I used wiiflow to rip my games and didn't have any issues with having not removed the update partition, but because of the needed cios's I can't play newer discs directly thru the disc channel without updating (I just load them thru riivolution to work around this)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-