Hacking classic controller for gamecube games

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've seen a hacked gc controller used as a classic controller so the opposite can't be too far off of being done.
maybe a gc plug on it instead of the wiimote connector, then plug it into rthe gc port of the wii.
though that is just a guess don't go mutilating your wii/gc accessories just yet.

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wolffangalchemist said:
i've seen a hacked gc controller used as a classic controller so the opposite can't be too far off of being done.

Not necessarily true. When the Wii is running in Wii mode, it has access to everything, including the Gamecube controllers. When in GC mode, you lose access to quite a few resources, including wiimotes.

I predict we may never see such a hack.

bdr9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is NO WAY that this will ever happen. Period. You must be in GC mode to play a GC game. While in GC mode, you cannot access wiimotes. Classic controllers plug into wiimote. End of story.

ph15h

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tagg7 said:
imapterodactyl said:
Yes, because of the hardware it's for all intents and purposes impossible.

Yep, I remember reading somewhere that second secret processor locks out Wii Functions and runs the Wii in a mode with the Gamecube's specs and limitations... Would be crazy if you could though, but that would go more into software emulation than hardware emulation and even the most advance Gamecube emulators don't run all too well.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nasakii said:
Get yourself one of these: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-10y-49-en-70-3cep.html

It adapts your classic controller to your GC port.
it'll never happen! LOLOLOLOL ah the doubtful who don't know that you don't need a wiimote for a adapter that connects directly to the gc port.
sleep.gif

what was it i said....
QUOTE said:
maybe a gc plug on it instead of the wiimote connector, then plug it into the gc port of the wii.
yet ppl don't read your whole post so they comment like this.
QUOTE(imapterodactyl @ Jun 3 2009, 08:45 PM)
Not necessarily true. When the Wii is running in Wii mode, it has access to everything, including the Gamecube controllers. When in GC mode, you lose access to quite a few resources, including wiimotes.

everyone knows that the wii's gc mode can't use anything but the gc port and mem card slots.
but also everyone know you don't need a wiimote for adapter that goes strait to the gc port from the classic controller as i suggested.
ppl just read a bit more and try to understand what you are quoting before you do it.

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
Darkmystery said:
I believe they had some small progress with a GC-Wii-mode hack. I saw a movie from crediar about it, or am I wrong?
unsure.gif

nope, i saw the same on on youtube. playing a game at full cpu speed, not crippled gamecube mode.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
0M39A said:
Darkmystery said:
I believe they had some small progress with a GC-Wii-mode hack. I saw a movie from crediar about it, or am I wrong?
unsure.gif

nope, i saw the same on on youtube. playing a game at full cpu speed, not crippled gamecube mode.
http://www.youtube.com/crediar
but that is "just" overclocking cpu/gpu to be at wii speed.. easier to do than implementing bluetooth etc etc
(this is a tune down instead of a complete turn off)

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
bdr9 said:
There is NO WAY that this will ever happen. Period. You must be in GC mode to play a GC game. While in GC mode, you cannot access wiimotes. Classic controllers plug into wiimote. End of story.
here we go again...

have none of you seen crediars video on youtube of him running a GC game at wii speed? overclocking GC mode with wii mode i think.

which is a step closer to wii mode being active in GC mode yes?

so dont talk crap everyone, everyone said that 'USB loader is impossible. DUH DUH i have no hope for anything DUH rant rave'

EDIT: damn beaten to the video thing lol

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
still mikey, this is not the same as adding bluetooth manually, there could still be hardware restrictions there (as with usb possibly too)

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
well yes, but the gamecube slot can be very picky... i have a 3rd party gc controller e.g. that will not work if u use an extension cord, things like that. And we'd like semi-wireless GC
wink.gif

MemPrices

Trophies
XP
Country
I know this post is about 5 years ago, but probably people in this thread that doesn't know must wanted to know about this: https://code.google.com/p/nintendon-t/

Yes, you can play GC games with your classic controller and do more stuff with this loader.

It was surprising to me, cause I've given up years ago trying to play GC games in my Nintendo Wii family edition (w/out GC ports) and had to buy an old Wii to be able. Now I see I can even play 'em in WiiU! That makes me happier than EVER!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4