cots

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. This is my first post here, but I've been around for ages.

I am trying to play civ4 for the PC via direct connection and wonder how do I go about port forwarding with two routers. Would I just forward the second router plugged into my computer like normal then forward the router plugged into my DSL to the second routers IP address?

Thanks in advance for anyone's that veers from their console chat to help.

Sent using my nVidia Shield Tablet

Naridar

Excelsior!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
DSL probably stands for "digital subscriber line", not for DS Lite, and Civ4 has no DS port AFAIK.

As for OP, you might want to try Limelight if your graphic card is supported.

Reactions: migles

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
It's civ4 for the PC. I saw your first post.

yeah i did get confused when you said dsl i thought about the console... but then i searched and that game is not available for the ds...

btw, aren't the routers connected? aren't they bridged already?

cots

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i did get confused when you said dsl i thought about the console... but then i searched and that game is not available for the ds...

btw, aren't the routers connected? aren't they bridged already?

My routers are not bridged. I have two different networks and my gaming PC is on the second network which is the second router connected to the first. This is the first time I've had to use port forwarding with this setup.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
My routers are not bridged.
Then you don't have a direct connection. Think of it this way - imagine that you have two sinks in one kitchen, they get water from one pipe and they drain to the same pipe as well, but you sure as s*it can't get water from one sink into the other sink without, y'know, a bucket or something. In this scenario, your routers connect to your DSL modem, but they themselves are not connected to eachother. Unless your DSL modem also doubles as a router (which may be the case), the two routers are not in the same LAN. Explain your connection in more detail.

Nevermind, I completely misread what you wrote. So the two routers are connected with one another, but they're in two different subnets, yes?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel