Homebrew CitrAGB - 3DS GBA Emulator (WIP)

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Where's the .smdh file? I don't like having homebrew applications that don't have a smdh file. I can make one for you if yoy want.

There's one in the rar i put in the post above yours that i just compiled from source, or you could compile it yourself. Either or. :)

Yeah I get a cut in half black screen

Yeah i get that too. :( Bugs are half the fun though! :D

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, pushed the font fix to my Github. I'll probably add the proper smdh stuff soon. Just as a note, this does in fact rely on the latest version of ctrulib since it uses the RGB5A1 screen buffer and has a few other things set in with double buffering.

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This does not work for me. I didn't read many posts above this one so idk if others got this problem. It makes the screen grey and it crashes to the home menu after like 2 seconds.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This does not work for me. I didn't read many posts above this one so idk if others got this problem. It makes the screen grey and it crashes to the home menu after like 2 seconds.

Figured it out, I completely forgot that gpsp requires a GBA bios to run, and apparently the error which makes you aware that it's missing causes a crash. Just add gba_bios.bin to the root of your SD and it should work.

ChrisRX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I remember there are 2 versions of the GBA bios. Only one of them worked well for the PS2 port of gpsp.

From the source code
Code:
          debug_screen_printl("Sorry, but gpSP requires a Gameboy Advance BIOS      ");
          debug_screen_printl("image to run correctly. Make sure to get an          ");
          debug_screen_printl("authentic one, it'll be exactly 16384 bytes large    ");
          debug_screen_printl("and should have the following md5sum value:          ");
          debug_screen_printl("                                                      ");
          debug_screen_printl("a860e8c0b6d573d191e4ec7db1b1e4f6                      ");
          debug_screen_printl("When you do get it name it gba_bios.bin and put it    ");
          debug_screen_printl("in sdmc:/gba/ .                                      ");
          debug_screen_printl("Press any button to exit.                            ");

So use that md5sum to check you have the right version

Reactions: Fpsrussia117

Joshmas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Managed to get it to work yay :D, however it's very slow and glitchy when playing pokemon fire red. However it's definitely nice to know that this being worked on! best of luck

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fixed the nagging message for gba_bios.bin, so it shouldn't just crash without a bios binary. Will probably work on loading files from directories next and maybe fiddle with some video stuff.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crashes 3DS when opening, even with the one that someone posted before in a rar file

Redownload from the main post, it should be fixed. If it crashes on opening it's outdated, it should notify you that you're missing gba_bios.bin. If you don't already have gba_bios.bin, find it and put it at the root of your SD card.

c4655362

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Redownload from the main post, it should be fixed. If it crashes on opening it's outdated, it should notify you that you're missing gba_bios.bin. If you don't already have gba_bios.bin, find it and put it at the root of your SD card.
Yeah i just saw that and now it loaded. Except when I tried to run rhythm heaven it crashed D:

EDIT: 2nd time it worked. I think I may have opened the bios file by accident

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this support most gba games? Will duke nukem advance work?

Basically anything that gpsp can run, this (should) run. So maybe, maybe not. Testing is definitely appreciated so that I can find issues with my porting and fix those to get back to gpsp's true compatability.

Also, I just pushed a new 3dsx. This one reverts the previous method I used to rotate the screen and instead writes to a GBA framebuffer, and then uses this framebuffer and translates it over to the screen via software. In the future I'll probably map this buffer to a texture and render it in hardware instead. However, this fixes a number of graphics-related crashes, which is good. I also fixed input, so you'll be able to progress a lot more now in games and further testing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol