Brazil
citra-kbd.exe application

upload_2018-3-13_16-49-50.png

Lunos

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Alright, so, an ape somewhere indirectly gave me the information that I needed to be able to try RetroArch's Citra Cores so I decided to do some tests with Pokémon Omega Ruby on them that I'll be posting here because why not.
I tried the latest Citra and Citra Canary RetroArch Cores, and Valentin's latest build.
My incredibly sad PC Specs are: Intel Celeron N2840 with its iGPU and 2 GBs of RAM, Windows 8.1 (64 Bits).

The results were the following:

RetroArch - Citra Core
Route 116 (West Half): 14-15 FPS
Route 116 (East Half): 23-25 FPS
In Battle: 25-30 FPS

RetroArch - Citra Canary Core

valentinvanelslande's citra-windows-mingw-20180313-bb85974 (Shader Emulation set to CPU because of the big issue that I mentioned before)
Route 116 (West Half): 6-7 FPS
Route 116 (East Half): 10-11 FPS
In Battle: 12-14 FPS

I'm noticing a lot of Input Lag in the RetroArch Cores, most likely due to some of the options that I disabled/enabled in order to get as much speed as I could.
I noticed right away that the RA Cores are missing the Circle Pad Mod too.

All in all though, I think that these framerates are quite impressive, I never thought that this super weak CPU could actually accomplish this much.
Back when I first tried Citra, I did so thinking that most likely, I wouldn't be able to get even 5 FPS in any single game, but boy I was wrong.
Worth mentioning, it doesn't look like the Citra Canary Core has the Shader Emulation to GPU update yet.
I hope that RA doesn't have the same issue as the standalone versions with this iGPU.

I'm quite satisfied. I'll try to endure the small issues that I mentioned up there and go through Omega Ruby.

Reactions: AceofZeroz

demonata

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Alright, so, an ape somewhere indirectly gave me the information that I needed to be able to try RetroArch's Citra Cores so I decided to do some tests with Pokémon Omega Ruby on them that I'll be posting here because why not.
I tried the latest Citra and Citra Canary RetroArch Cores, and Valentin's latest build.
My incredibly sad PC Specs are: Intel Celeron N2840 with its iGPU and 2 GBs of RAM, Windows 8.1 (64 Bits).

The results were the following:

RetroArch - Citra Core

valentinvanelslande's citra-windows-mingw-20180313-bb85974 (Shader Emulation set to CPU because of the big issue that I mentioned before)

I'm noticing a lot of Input Lag in the RetroArch Cores, most likely due to some of the options that I disabled/enabled in order to get as much speed as I could.
I noticed right away that the RA Cores are missing the Circle Pad Mod too.

All in all though, I think that these framerates are quite impressive, I never thought that this super weak CPU could actually accomplish this much.
Back when I first tried Citra, I did so thinking that most likely, I wouldn't be able to get even 5 FPS in any single game, but boy I was wrong.
Worth mentioning, it doesn't look like the Citra Canary Core has the Shader Emulation to GPU update yet.
I hope that RA doesn't have the same issue as the standalone versions with this iGPU.

I'm quite satisfied. I'll try to endure the small issues that I mentioned up there and go through Omega Ruby.
What is your frame time or FPS in below builds:
canary-407 (last canary without this new GPU update)
nightly-571 (last nightly before Texture Cache Rework Merged)

grnlizard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something's wrong happened, right after I tried the new canary build that have the gpu option, all the other build Ive been using have gotten very slow, I just wanted to try although it doesnt support AMD gpu, just what happened?

bayurex

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I don't know what settings are the best for xx

Priority Boost: Enabled
Ticks Mode: Fixed
Ticks: 60000

I think generation and xx are the same game just xx has some extras. try setting Ticks Mode: Fixed Ticks: 60000, when the game starts just running 9 fps at 100% speed :( then I change it to accuracy, running smoothly except the quest against astalos (60% speed)

because the ticks are copied to a variable when the game is opened, and nothing will happen after changing them.

What do you mean "will not happen after changing it."?
in the build <186, I set the ticks to 10500 games running smoothly, until when I met astalos, the game went slow with 60% speed, then when in game I changed the ticks to 45000/50000 with native resolution, running smoothly with speed 100 % / 25fps.
can you explain why in version <186 ticks can be changed and can increase performance when in game? sorry if my english is bad

Lunos

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
What is your frame time or FPS in below builds:
canary-407 (last canary without this new GPU update)
nightly-571 (last nightly before Texture Cache Rework Merged)
Whenever I tried them, both, Standalone Canary and Standalone Nightly have always ran pretty much just like Valentin's builds.
The only difference between Valentin's builds and the Standalone Nightly or Canary builds, is that I tend to get a better frame time with Valentin's builds, in part due to its Binary Pipe hack.

Keishiayy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
https://i.imgur.com/TqGNpAQ.png

What does this mean? I'm only getting this problem with one of my friend and another regular player I used to hunt with on MHXX.
I've hunter w/ 20+ different people
Before the newers updates it worked fine :(

EDIT : After a quick troubleshooting,we fixed it, he had overwrited his old citra with his newer version, with a clean install it worked.

Last edited by Keishiayy,

Lunos

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Is there a way to remove the black outlines for Pokemon ORAS without using OBS?
I googled a little bit and unfortunately no, there's no way to disable them besides using OBS.
It'd be cool if someone added a hack for that in one of the unofficial builds in my opinion.

D

Deleted User

The LibRetro-Canary core has had GLVTX from day one. It is hardware shaders in your core settings, though it is disabled by default for support for AMD/Intel hardware. The same issues as upstream apply - it is a bug in your drivers/the new PR, not in anything else.

RetroArch - Citra Core

So, valentinvanelslande is full of shit with his builds? Ha, who would have guessed? :P
Let me let you in in a secret: The code in the LibRetro core is exactly the same as upstream, bar me stripping out some of the UI stuff.

Reactions: Lunos

valentinvanelslande

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The LibRetro-Canary core has had GLVTX from day one. It is hardware shaders in your core settings, though it is disabled by default for support for AMD/Intel hardware. The same issues as upstream apply - it is a bug in your drivers/the new PR, not in anything else.

So, valentinvanelslande is full of shit with his builds? Ha, who would have guessed? :P
Let me let you in in a secret: The code in the LibRetro core is exactly the same as upstream, bar me stripping out some of the UI stuff.
@jselby MY BUILDS ARE NOT FULL OF SHIT

Desmondchaser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean "will not happen after changing it."?
in the build <186, I set the ticks to 10500 games running smoothly, until when I met astalos, the game went slow with 60% speed, then when in game I changed the ticks to 45000/50000 with native resolution, running smoothly with speed 100 % / 25fps.
can you explain why in version <186 ticks can be changed and can increase performance when in game? sorry if my english is bad

It's probably a static variable. These run faster during play (since they cannot be altered) but also it creates more stability since the software always knows what to expect and doesn't have to account for changes. But that's my assumption without looking at the code base.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How are valentin's builds full of shit when you are comparing CPU rendering on valentin to GPU rendering on the others? Of course the CPU rendering runs slower than GPU rendering. That's two separate processors doing the work vs. CPU rendering only using one processor to do the same load. And as for the Core version, which doesn't have the GPU rendering it also isn't using JIT tick modification. If he has JIT tick mods set to high then the displayed framerate will be reduced accordingly as it's kind of like skipping frames/instructions. If he set the Ticks lower (or Accurate) he would get a comparably similar experience.

Last edited by Desmondchaser,

Lunos

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Well, I don't see the option anywhere so I don't know if it's enabled by default or not, but if it is, then why is it working correctly with the RA Core while I'm only get a black screen with the Standalone Version?

If he has JIT tick mods set to high then the displayed framerate will be reduced accordingly as it's kind of like skipping frames/instructions. If he set the Ticks lower (or Accurate) he would get a comparably similar experience.
Btw, I have AddTicks Mode set to Accurate and AddTicks Ticks set to 0, for what is worth.

Attachments

• retroarch 2018-03-14 20-03-34-49.png
    retroarch 2018-03-14 20-03-34-49.png
    144.4 KB · Views: 230
Last edited by Lunos,

xmeee978

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
when i use GPU,In Hyrule Warriors Keep Crashing every single time when i try some battle at the beginning,sometimes i got luck and justo go straight to the battle... : /

EDIT: Used Todomachi 180,it looks like was fix in 189,i need still to test anyway...

No,Tested And Still The Same Thing... :/

Last edited by xmeee978,

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I don't see the option anywhere so I don't know if it's enabled by default or not, but if it is, then why is it working correctly with the RA Core while I'm only get a black screen with the Standalone Version?

Btw, I have AddTicks Mode set to Accurate and AddTicks Ticks set to 0, for what is worth.
So you're basically running it exactly the same as the official build, no wonder there's no difference.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1