Homebrew Citra - Unofficial \ Chinese builds discussion

mancasoko

Trophies
XP
Country
Does this mean that citra will be able to emulate accurate real time game, or to ask like this, will you be able to use the same cheats like on 3ds console or something like that?

midoraku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Great. Just great. Its not only catched speed of current unofficial builds but even become a bit faster in mhxx on [email protected]+660ti+16gb-DDR3-1600 (30-40% Cpu load 50% gpu load most of time)

Still gpu render have some sort of artifacts on monsters like astalos for example. Astalos by the way most laggin monster on my experience at mhxx before hr6-7 and on ticks build it had like 20+ fps on anything lover than native cause of it
Here vid of test MULTIPLAYER run on new canary with some res switchings. I think on better pc its even can catch full speed on astalos but here it was around 85-90% most of time on native to x2-x5 res and that isnt so bad for this monster.
On usual monsters its near sold full speed on 102% limit.
Ofc glitches will be fixed in updates or maybe its mine problem but overall its great results!

And here's the example of run on "simple" monsters without wow sp effects on x5 res - seems pretty solid for me

(video may still be processed)

Last edited by midoraku,

Lunos

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
So, I'm trying to run Pokémon Omega Ruby with the latest Canary build but I'm just getting a black screen. The framerate seems to be all over the place, going from 15 to 30, from 30 to 5, from 5 to 30 again and such.. and now it's stuck at 60 FPS.
Is anyone else getting this issue?

EDIT: Alright, TLoZ: OoT3D doesn't seems to be working correctly on my end either.
This time I've got a different and actually hilarious result though.

EDIT2: Welp, if I set Shader Emulation to CPU both games are working as usual, at least.

I guess the whole thing is just bugged for some Intel's iGPUs for now. I tried asking to someone else and Pokémon OR is running fine on his end.
Oh welp, I don't want this post to be Off-Topic, so does anyone over here have a GT 1030 to test this update of Citra with?
I'm curious about how it performs.

valentinvanelslande

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Great. Just great. Its not only catched speed of current unofficial builds but even become a bit faster in mhxx on [email protected]+660ti+16gb-DDR3-1600 (30-40% Cpu load 50% gpu load most of time)

Still gpu render have some sort of artifacts on monsters like astalos for example. Astalos by the way most laggin monster on my experience at mhxx before hr6-7 and on ticks build it had like 20+ fps on anything lover than native cause of it
Here vid of test MULTIPLAYER run on new canary with some res switchings. I think on better pc its even can catch full speed on astalos but here it was around 85-90% most of time on native to x2-x5 res and that isnt so bad for this monster.
On usual monsters its near sold full speed on 102% limit.
Ofc glitches will be fixed in updates or maybe its mine problem but overall its great results!

And here's the example of run on "simple" monsters without wow sp effects on x5 res - seems pretty solid for me

(video may still be processed)

my builds >=180 have glvtx

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know, been off for a good while..

But F**K me.. The Speed well done all guys working on it :)
I see Oasis also works as is now on a new test fresh game.

How is the pokemon photo club thing ?, I lost the save will have to back track pages here.

Although the Small fix for New NDS Games IE "Fire Emblem Warriors" was not fixed yet, But is in unofficial, But dose brake the Old Home Menu.

Where we at ?..

temich512

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I know, been off for a good while..

But F**K me.. The Speed well done all guys working on it :)
I see Oasis also works as is now on a new test fresh game.

How is the pokemon photo club thing ?, I lost the save will have to back track pages here.

Although the Small fix for New NDS Games IE "Fire Emblem Warriors" was not fixed yet, But is in unofficial, But dose brake the Old Home Menu.

Where we at ?..
Alola Club was fixed long time ago

Reactions: drwhojan

carlosfg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just tried the last canary on my pc: core 2 duo e7500 + 4gb ddr2 800 + gtx 650 2gb ddr5

The difference is like night and day. It doubles the speed I was having on previous versions. Dragon Quest XI goes from 35% speed in Delkagaar City to between 60~70%. Cannot wait to start testing unofficial builds with this improvement and see if it can even achieve more speed.

Congratulations, Citra team, this is awesome!

Reactions: AceofZeroz

midoraku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
@valentinvanelslande even more and more playable - i wasn even nedded to lover res down from x5 to keep over 20-25 fps on laggy asstalos. Thats great. And graphic glitch of gpu render appears a lot more rare. Nice build.

Sry for no sound and less quality - recorded in middle of party runs

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is amazing. I'll post some results I got because I have a mix of crap CPU and decent GPU ([email protected] and GTX 1060).

On @valentinvanelslande 's build, Luigi's Mansion went from 10fps on the level selection screen with Luigi and Gadd, to 45fps. Needs 17000 ticks.
Monster Hunter Stories went from 24fps to around 75fps on the beginning of the game. needs 33000 ticks.

Now, this is using native resolution. Normally I play at 6x resolution using the older builds, and on those even running at 10x resolution didn't impact the framerate at all, but now that the GPU is being used it does impact the framerate. Luigi's Mansion goes from 45 to 30 at 6x, Monster Hunter Stories goes from 40 to around 28.

On some games however, even with the higher resolution it's still miles ahead of the older builds. Fantasy Life used to run at around 22fps on the town square at the beginning at 6x resolution in the previous build, on the new one it runs at 90fps, whether it's native or 6x. Needs 40000 ticks.

Edit: Forgot to mention, this is with Accurate Hardware Shader on. Also, when I say "needs X ticks", it's the highest number of ticks before the framerate locks to a lower number and performance stops increasing.

Last edited by Edgarska, , Reason: Mistake
Reactions: AceofZeroz

pol40

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Accurate Hardware Shader on are only neccesary for 2 or 3 games, the paper marios i think.
All the rest of games work ok without it.

Killos

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have been moping around the board I figure I should share my experience with the new render update. I have a R9 270x card. As to be expected the update has not been great with the games i have. Most like Fire Emblem games, Dragon Ball Fusion, Super Smash Bros all crash. Do those games work for others? Bravely Default and SMT4 work but these games have been full speed even on nightly for me. The new render is faster though on those games when I dont limit the speed, about 5-8 fps faster. Really great work from the devs and good luck with AMD opengl. My card might be on the old side but I suspect other amd cards experience has not been great. I don't have some of the games shown like Monster Hunter and Pokemon to test.

There was the multi thread build on this forum that had a much better speed and compatibility impact for me. I have a i7 3770K cpu wondering if that multi thread change would be another option in the future. Fire Emblem Echoes ran at full speed as with other games.

Last edited by Killos,

Gaball

Trophies
XP
Country
Anguilla
SMT IV and Culdcept Revolt crash with the new GPU renderer,i have a R7 200. Got a nice speed up with Super Mario 3D Land but a performance drop with SMT:Soul Hackers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch