Homebrew Citra - Unofficial \ Chinese builds discussion

crimsonedge11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't pinpoint the exact cause, but I uninstalled a bunch of software, and cleaned the registry, and reinstalled the Visual C++ runtimes, and the problem appears to have went away on Windows 10. One of those programs I had installed did something to the registry that Citra doesn't agree with. I suspect it may have been radeonpro, system explorer, MSI afterburner, or rivatuner causing it, but I can't be 100% sure on that. I uninstalled all those and cleaned their registry entries. So if anyone else runs into a similar problem with Citra locking FPS lower than it should be, you should look at similar types of software on your PC that I listed.

Last edited by crimsonedge11,

legend80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, with the new Mii that you create on Mii Maker, you can bypass Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D Land's substitute Mii. Surprisingly, Smash 4 on Citra has Miis!

So I followed your videos, finally got my Mii created, Mario Maker boots all the way to the SD screen (no current available fix), but the problem is, I can not see my new Mii in MK7 or SM3DL. It still uses the generic mii. If I load Mii Maker, I see the Mii just fine (so it's definitely saved). Smash shows the NAME on the P1 tile, so that game is using it a little.

Anything else that could prevent proper loading of Mii in some games?

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
So I followed your videos, finally got my Mii created, Mario Maker boots all the way to the SD screen (no current available fix), but the problem is, I can not see my new Mii in MK7 or SM3DL. It still uses the generic mii. If I load Mii Maker, I see the Mii just fine (so it's definitely saved). Smash shows the NAME on the P1 tile, so that game is using it a little.

Anything else that could prevent proper loading of Mii in some games?
3D Land Mii won't register. But for MK7, I don't know why. For me, it works fine. Have you tried delete the save file and create a new one?
Smash 3DS doesn't need any Mii data for that. Just go to Settings Tab and change the name.

Last edited by Miguel Gomez,

Edu0101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
All the versions that go down from here, do not run any pokemon [nor initiates the rom] and no mario.
In addition to not supporting joystick.
The one I use today is vesao: jeruk-manis-gcc-940b034-dirty. But she is crashing every 15 minutes in any game.
Is there a more stable version that runs these games? Https://snag.gy/cvjKpJ.jpg
Oh and just one more thing. Tb is there any version that starts the zelda majoras mask normally, without using save?

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
All the versions that go down from here, do not run any pokemon [nor initiates the rom] and no mario.
The one I use today is vesao: jeruk-manis-gcc-940b034-dirty. But she is crashing every 15 minutes in any game.
Is there a more stable version that runs these games? Https://snag.gy/cvjKpJ.jpg
Oh and just one more thing. Tb is there any version that starts the zelda majoras mask normally, without using save?
What's your specs?

LG_

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You need to dump your system files from your 3DS to run some games (https://citra-emu.org/wikis/dumping-system-archives-and-the-shared-fonts-from-a-3ds-console).
Support for controllers is being remade.
There is no build that start Majora's Mask without a save.
If you want a stable build, use the official build or Bleeding Edge

Edu0101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What's your specs?

i5 4440 3.0 ghz
12gb ram ddr3
gtx 750 2gb

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You need to dump your system files from your 3DS to run some games (https://citra-emu.org/wikis/dumping-system-archives-and-the-shared-fonts-from-a-3ds-console).
Support for controllers is being remade.
There is no build that start Majora's Mask without a save.
If you want a stable build, use the official build or Bleeding Edge

Strange as this began to happen a short time ago.

LG_

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i5 4440 3.0 ghz
12gb ram ddr3
gtx 750 2gb

Strange as this began to happen a short time ago.
So this could be not related to the emulator at all. If you never had this problem and is using the same build everytime you play, some other software change could be causing the drama (driver update/downgrade, recent programs that you've installed that changed some system files/registers maybe).

Supermedo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Okay a second question, back in old Chinese build there were some shaders that render correctly like the Flame in Fire Emblem Awakening third mission or effect that show on the shield in the main menu, now it doesn't render correctly in any new build at all which make certain missions unplayable like fire emblem thrid mission

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay a second question, back in old Chinese build there were some shaders that render correctly like the Flame in Fire Emblem Awakening third mission or effect that show on the shield in the main menu, now it doesn't render correctly in any new build at all which make certain missions unplayable like fire emblem thrid mission
The effects that you mentioned comes from the work of Geometry Shader which generate particles such as the flames. Since this got many regressions between other PRs, it is unstable and will be fixed and soon to be merge on the Master Build(the Official Build) or Bleeding Edge.
So, just use the Chinese build if you want this back. I repeat, Geometry Shader will soon to be merge on the Master Build or Bleeding Edge.

Reactions: Supermedo

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The effects that you mentioned comes from the work of Geometry Shader which generate particles such as the flames. Since this got many regressions between other PRs, it is unstable and will be fixed and soon to be merge on the Master Build(the Official Build) or Bleeding Edge.
So, just use the Chinese build if you want this back. I repeat, Geometry Shader will soon to be merge on the Master Build or Bleeding Edge.

just wish jayfoxrox re-base his original Geometry Shader 4 now, maybe one for citra and one for citra BE
just its gone way of track now for merging with newer builds.

although he don't seem to be around for a little while now..

some merges are now missing like cheats, but looks like now shader-refactor3 upgrade
https://github.com/citra-emu/citra-bleeding-edge/tree/bleeding_edge

although cheats have no issues merging manually

Last edited by drwhojan,
Reactions: Miguel Gomez

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Z like Sunday morning