Homebrew Citra - Unofficial \ Chinese builds discussion

mcdgray129

Trophies
XP
Country
The code was NEVER intended for real use. It was just a bait for people stupid enough to merge it without understanding the code. This is great lesson for everyone here that download ANYTHING posted, no questions asked. @drwhojan doesn't know how to code, but he also don't know how to use computers too (I guess, not knowing about the shutdown command shows how much knowledge he has, as this is not even part of the Citra code, its just a common Windows command...).
Some people just learn the hard way, so be it.

And Jayray should be shamed of himself...
I told jay before he was being a bitch about custom builds, but this is just so low his like a child dev.
The time he wasted doing this for shits and giggles just shows how immature he is....
I was going to move over to the Bleeding Edge build once they added joypad support to it.
I guess now ill be sticking to and advertising G*MK's (And Drwhojans if you want to pm them to me mate) builds on my channel instead.
Its not thanks to people like G*MK and Drwhojan why citra would fall, but thanks to cocky devs like Jayray....

Reactions: legend80

Xeron21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Guys,chill out :)

I think that @drwhojan will be more careful next time. It isn't really necessary to continue talking about that topic for so long in this thread.

LG_

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guys,chill out :)

I think that @drwhojan will be more careful next time. It isn't really necessary to continue talking about that topic for so long in this thread.
To be careful, he must first understand the code (and he don't seem to be even trying), only after this he would be able to understand what is wrong/right. This guy is only mashing code together and compiling it, this is the 9999º time this have been said but everyone still think he deserve some credit (when you can just compile your own build using this https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/wiki/Building-For-Windows without the need for any coding skills).

But this is enough, I don't want to take part in this discussion anymore.

JayFoxRox

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
And Jayray should be shamed of himself...
I told jay before he was being a bitch about custom builds, but this is just so low his like a child dev.
The time he wasted doing this for shits and giggles just shows how immature he is....
I was going to move over to the Bleeding Edge build once they added joypad support to it.
I guess now ill be sticking to and advertising G*MK's (And Drwhojans if you want to pm them to me mate) builds on my channel instead.
Its not thanks to people like G*MK and Drwhojan why citra would fall, but thanks to cocky devs like Jayray....

I didn't do this just for shits and giggles. I did it to show how easy it is to run malicious code in unofficial builds (this was included simply because I uploaded it to my private repository, not linked to official Citra repos).

This is literally like blaming someone for having their car (with broken brakes) stolen after the person who stole it ran over a couple of people.
It doesn't work that way.

Also, we've had input_core support in bleeding edge for a couple of releases again. However, chances are it will be removed soon because the code quality is pretty bad.
If anything, this should be a reason to only run trusted / reviewed code in the future and avoid non-reviewable code like the plague. But whatever floats your boat.
If shit hits the fan, you can't blame anyone for not warning you.
(Also learn to spell my name please)

I'll also leave this stupid discussion behind.
I guess I've said enough about this :)

zherot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I don't get it. there is no way the emulator caused a shut down. it must be the hardware or the clock speeds. or a bad over clock at that. I know when I first built my NVIDIA build, whenever the computer tried putting out a clearer picture or video, the computer would shut off immediately. It turned out that it wasn't a full 24 pin seating meaning it looked like the mobo was connected to the psu and I heard the clicking to make it seem secure but it wasn't. I also had this issue when the gpu got really dusty and or the psu was also dusty... and also there was no malicious code uploaded in any of the builds.

Sigh.... I just don't understand I guess. What exactly did WhoJan do wrong that others on youtube are probably gonna just continue to do but probably release their builds with secret bitcoin miners or browser hijackers.

Triple-facePalm.jpg

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So still Hojan's latest build is the fastest one or something else has been released?

Reactions: Slidingbass

mcdgray129

Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't do this just for shits and giggles. I did it to show how easy it is to run malicious code in unofficial builds (this was included simply because I uploaded it to my private repository, not linked to official Citra repos).

This is literally like blaming someone for having their car (with broken brakes) stolen after the person who stole it ran over a couple of people.

Also, we've had input_core support in bleeding edge for a couple of releases again. However, chances are it will be removed soon because the code quality is pretty bad.
If anything, this should be a reason to only run trusted / reviewed code in the future and avoid non-reviewable code like the plague. But whatever floats your boat.

I always seen you as a Jayray :-P .
I guess i should say sorry since i didn't realize Drwhojan merged this from a private repo :-/ . Now i really do see where your coming from, since it is pretty silly to go merging stuff from a private repo if your not going to review and look over what your merging.
That really is just asking for trouble.
Anyway like i said im sorry jayray(Fox) xD , in the end i guess it was a good thing you did this as hopefully it showed Drwhojan not to just go merging random shit.
And also input_core doesnt work for me in the BleedingEdge build :wtf: .
If it did id stick mostly to BleedingEdge as then it would be easier to do update videos. Making videos of random builds when i dont know whats added isnt easy and like what you have shown could lead to bad things :-( .

LG_

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I always seen you as a Jayray :-P .
I guess i should say sorry since i didn't realize Drwhojan merged this from a private repo :-/ . Now i really do see where your coming from, since it is pretty silly to go merging stuff from a private repo if your not going to review and look over what your merging.
That really is just asking for trouble.
Anyway like i said im sorry jayray(Fox) xD , in the end i guess it was a good thing you did this as hopefully it showed Drwhojan not to just go merging random shit.
And also input_core doesnt work for me in the BleedingEdge build :wtf: .
If it did id stick mostly to BleedingEdge as then it would be easier to do update videos. Making videos of random builds when i dont know whats added isnt easy and like what you have shown could lead to bad things :-( .
Have you tried http://joytokey.net/en/ or something similar ? I've tested it here, working fine for every game.

Reactions: JayFoxRox

arkhamsaiyan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
im not gonna take that shit. I fail cause i didn't understand exactly what was going on? Sorry I have other things to do besides sit on my computer and wait for the next build to come out. Don't be a jackass cause someone doesn't understand. that's like laughing at your child if he was the only one who didn't get what was going on when others did. I have aspergers asshole. You could have just told me what I said wrong not make me feel like shit with the facepalm post.

Have you tried http://joytokey.net/en/ or something similar ? I've tested it here, working fine for every game.
or download padstarr or pinnacle game profiler and I actually made a profile for the emulator on the xbox controller a long time ago. It is on their forums.

sorry then. I didn't know exactly what was going on until I read this.

mcdgray129

Trophies
XP
Country
//yeah i been using xpadder but it annoys me having to remember to start it before i start citra xD . Oh well i guess its about time i switched over to bleeding edge build, as it would be easier to do comparison videos showing the improvements from an old version to a new one.

Reactions: LG_

DestinyFeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get it. there is no way the emulator caused a shut down.

Sigh.... I just don't understand I guess. What exactly did WhoJan do wrong that others on youtube are probably gonna just continue to do but probably release their builds with secret bitcoin miners or browser hijackers.
A program running on your computer can do essentially anything as this incident highlights. There is a famous linux forkbomb where inputing an 11 character command will crash your system.

If a developer really wanted to, they could also upload malicious code to github and if the reviewers who are checking the code for quality don't pick up on it the malicious code it could infect every official and unofficial build.

Furthermore, you're not just trusting in the developers to do not putting malicious code into the builds but also the people who are compiling it. This goes for all the official builds like Bleeding Edge but also the unoffficial builds.

Additionally, you are also trusting that Github itself has not been compromised. Back in 2012, Github was hacked which means that a hacker could have modified every other project on the site into running malicious code.

So as you can see, there is nothing about running any application that is safe, even if the code is available, you might not be able to read it, if you're downloading a build well you couldn't read the source anyway and now there's the potential for modification and do you really trust the people who run Github to keep every one of the millions of projects safe?

And finally, just because you always use a particular piece of software or see it used by many computers, it doesn't necessarily mean that it isn't behaving like malware. For example Windows 10 has a huge amount of privacy issues, from recording typing data to constantly telling a microsoft owned website about you.

Blackenstein

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to say that I was a victim of this malicious code only in my case all the capacitors on my motherboard and in my 1100-watt power supply exploded, killing my cat and making me half the man I used to be (my computer is located right under my desk in near proximity to my family pods, and I ain't talkin' bout old iPods!). Just kidding. But my eyes did pop when I first saw that Shutdown screen just as I was about to collect my 400th pokemon, 20 straight hours of progress ruined because I forgot to save! Okay, okay, none of this happened. But my system really did shutdown, multiple times, and I was playing this dirty build of Citra when it happened so... it's true.

zherot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
im not gonna take that shit. I fail cause i didn't understand exactly what was going on? Sorry I have other things to do besides sit on my computer and wait for the next build to come out. Don't be a jackass cause someone doesn't understand. that's like laughing at your child if he was the only one who didn't get what was going on when others did. I have aspergers asshole. You could have just told me what I said wrong not make me feel like shit with the facepalm post.
personally i dont care what microsoft knows about me. or has any data on what i do but im not getting into that

quadruple-facepalm.jpg

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
So yeah. I used @drwhojan 's build that cause to crash and surprisingly my laptop survives for no reason. Booted Pokemon Virtual Console and it runs normally but the build is pretty hot. So hot, I had to decide to force shutdown it before IT shut itself. Glad that my laptop survives at least 15 seconds and it's alright in the end.

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Which build is the one broken?
this one - Citra-GCCKU-Citra+BleedingEdge-06.12.2016
I have remove that link https://gbatemp.net/threads/citra-unofficial-chinese-builds-discussion.431974/page-169#post-6903916

But they where many quotes since, @raulpica could you remove them all there forth after ?, with thanks.

So yeah. I used @drwhojan 's build that cause to crash and surprisingly my laptop survives for no reason. Booted Pokemon Virtual Console and it runs normally but the build is pretty hot. So hot, I had to decide to force shutdown it before IT shut itself. Glad that my laptop survives at least 15 seconds and it's alright in the end.

Its best to use the 11/12 , are 8/12 this was Not added into them builds since .
sorry 4 your trubble

Last edited by drwhojan,
Reactions: JayFoxRox

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright