masaki88

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Russia
Notepad++ has a Hex Editor plugin, btw. I see Russia appears 12 times in the "victor" user config file, probably once per language (Russland for e.g.). When trying to change these to say, Netherlands, along with victor to say, pseudo, games fail to display the main graphics. But when only changing the first occurence to Netherlands and the username to pseudo, then no issues. One or more of the 12 'Russia's in there aren't happy being changed.
Btw i know that guy victor. He is moderator on our forum emu-land.net and he is only one who give us nand folder for citra. Maybe he help. Here is he profile http://www.emu-land.net/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=9834 .

xiraiya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't open it in notepad... It's a binary file so you'll need to hex edit it if anything. Find the encoding the strings are in and change it to whatever you want
I know that, I was using it to show a screenshot to explain where the "Russia" keeps coming from since everytime I or someone brings it up, some of the people here keep dismissing it as the game or something else or we're not setting the Language properly, when infact we were trying to explain that Citra needs to be updated to detect Country and Sub Country as well, since it does not currently and that config file is set to Russia by default, which some games like Pokemon detect.

Btw i know that guy victor. He is moderator on our forum emu-land.net and he is only one who give us nand folder for citra. Maybe he help. Here is he profile http://www.emu-land.net/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=9834 .
It's alright there's a way around it now, someone explained a hex edit fix in the official citra thread and I got Pokemon Sun to think my country was now united states.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/citra-new-3ds-emulator.365154/page-300#post-6867030

It's just that Citra mainly needs more fields for you to edit regarding the config file, not just Name/Birthday, and since 99% of us can't use the home app with Citra we have no other way of changing Country/sub country.

Last edited by xiraiya,

pseudonymous

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Offset 167. If you're having the same issue as I did, where it would always show as "RUSSIA"...

Found the list of country codes: (same as wii/dsi list) http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Country_Codes

Russia is 100. 64 in hex. Open config in HxD, search hex "64"...

Tried this out with Netherlands (94, 5e in hex), can confirm it works. config (no extension) is in ...user\nand\data\0...\sysdata\0...\0...

John1234

Trophies
XP
Country
Country change simplify

user\nand\data\00000000000000000000000\sysdata\00010017\0000000\config and have it open in a hex editor.

Open config in HxD, search hex "64".
Change to 31 (USA).

Reactions: Dampih and xiraiya

xiraiya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a note, if you've been playing Pokemon with your country set to Russia, your Trainer Info will update to USA, however all Pokemon you have caught will remain with the country set to Russia, you can simply change that in PKhex but if you're the sort who doesn't like modifying the Pokemon themselves, you'll have to be okay with it or start a new game.

farfar123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there anyway to change the player's skin tone later through the game. Like some sort of hex edit or something. Probably not possible. Just wondering tho

xiraiya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you found the hex code that decides that then you probably could, it'd be easier to wait for PKHEX to eventually add in player appearance fields (It should eventually anyway, can't have a save editor if that stuff is missing)

X Virus

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
so it must be the user folder from 24-9 or any user folder would work?

If you want your game have no freezing & nice FPS then i suggest you using the 24-9 build's user folder , actually other build's user folder work as well but you know the other build always have random freeze problem in running S/M ,that is why the reason i not encourage you to use other build folder,of course you can just simply use the original user folder of 22-11 gdmk build after you had download it ,but it has a bit / few random freeze whenever you running games ,so you must save your game always...At this moment 24-9 build is still the most stable build in running S/M eventhough it have FPS dropping in a few minutes ......That is my opinion on GDMK build.......maybe GCCKU build have other advantages as well but i not try that build......

Last edited by X Virus,

X Virus

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Finally my turn to reach this point,now is time to collect ultra beasts & legendaries.........

Attachments

• End.PNG
    End.PNG
    33.3 KB · Views: 347

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Where?

We're talking about the look you pick at the start of the game, the game lets you change Hair/eyes but that's it.
At the Clothes Shop. But you can customize skin and hair after the 1st Kahuna.
Finally my turn to reach this point,now is time to collect ultra beasts & legendaries.........
Hmm. It seems you bypass the "error" that many people are wondering about.
Anyways, can anyone have a save file before the Champion?
I already finished the game and I didn't back up before the Champion.
NEmoNw9.jpg

Last edited by Miguel Gomez,

pseudonymous

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Not right before the champion, I'm still in the red flower area
after you get sharpedo.
I back up my saves a lot.

Edit: Do we have hover/inline spoiler tags?

Last edited by pseudonymous,

cadaguti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Regarding country modification on citra, I was working on that. I'll be adding a branch in my github with that function. However, it only modifies country, not subregion, and It needs more research. Even if you can set your country...

ATTENTION, POKÉMON GAMERS!

It doesn't affect Vivillon's form, for example. You can use the russian NAND, change country to United States, and then start a new game. Look at trainer info in PKHeX. In fact, it says country United states, Vivillon form continental (form from Russia, not from United States).

So... at the momment, I wouldn't use savegames created by Citra online.

Reactions: drwhojan

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you have you'r branch link thanks ?, if not don't matter.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You've built it with MingW! Does this mean your builds will be faster, G*MK faster?
Should be same but seems faster as some have mention, or the opersit with some games.

Fix my repo, so re-downloading for build number.
will be uploading it very soon.
----------
Edit:
Citra-GCCKU-Mingw_Build-23.11.2016
http://www42.zippyshare.com/v/O0KF4b7C/file.html

pokemon ORAS black screens after intro Fixed, with thanks to Dampih
(Note) You will need to replace your own "User" folder, with full NAND and sysdata/shared_font.bin

Last edited by drwhojan,
Reactions: dxgocho

jroweboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the Clothes Shop. But you can customize skin and hair after the 1st Kahuna.

Hmm. It seems you bypass the "error" that many people are wondering about.
Anyways, can anyone have a save file before the Champion?
I already finished the game and I didn't back up before the Champion.
NEmoNw9.jpg

Theres a save for pokemon moon posted on citra's github issue for the freeze at the champion battle https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/issues/2190

dxgocho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
you have you'r branch link thanks ?, if not don't matter.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Should be same but seems faster as some have mention, or the opersit with some games.

Fix my repo, so re-downloading for build number.
will be uploading it very soon.
----------
edit:

Citra-GCCKU-Mingw_Build-23.11.2016
http://www42.zippyshare.com/v/O0KF4b7C/file.html

pokemon ORAS black screens after intro Fixed, with thanks to Dampih
(Note) You will need to replace your own "User" folder, with full NAND and sysdata/shared_font.bin
Nice, Working good

Reactions: drwhojan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1