Homebrew Citra 3DS Emulator booting The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

ernilos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They can't.

Please also keep in mind that emucr makes money off doing nothing but running other people's work through visual studio and uploading the result to a terribly designed web page crowded with ads. Using their builds actively encourages that behavior, and sort of makes me wish our emulator wasn't open-source to begin with - if it weren't for the upper sides of providing source code.

I'm aware that people want to tinker around with our new stuff - but for God's sake, it's really not /that/ hard to install Visual Studio yourself and follow our build instructions on the GitHub wiki. I don't even mind too much if you guys publish your builds after doing so, as long as you follow the license terms and don't start trying to make money off our work (which, even though permitted by our license, is at least morally condemnable).

And before anyone asks - no, providing builds ourselves is not a solution. I'd rather get stuff done than having to deal with the flood of user support requests which would ultimately come up, regardless of how many disclaimers we put alongside the builds.

It should be easy to build, but there's no .SLN file as old times and CMake it's isn't friendly for all people.

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
It should be easy to build, but there's no .SLN file as old times and CMake it's isn't friendly for all people.

Not friendly?
Put this in your command line
Code:
git clone https://github.com/citra-emu/citra cciittrraa;cd cciittrraa;mkdir cciittrraa;cd cciittrraa;cmake ..;make
and there you go. (Install git, cmake, gcc, g++, make first)

Of course, if you want everything to have a ssllooww GUI, I can't really help you there.

neobrain

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, installing CMake, loading the CMakeFiles.txt into it and pushing "Configure" and "Generate" is not too hard either. I agree that we should probably be a bit more hand-holding in the build instructions though. Not that I have actually time to find access to a Windows system to do this myself, but I'll put it onto our TODO list :)

RichardLaughter_

Trophies
XP
#CantWaitToDonate

acb.jpg

MyJoyConRunsHot

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Amazing. Can't wait to see the finalised version!

It is? Graphically the 3DS looks quite inferior to the NGC.

Ironfall looks better.

I agree 100 percent i was just being sarcastic. Really the 240p screen is kinda inexcusable considering they could easily make a better screen for the price

The higher horizontal resolution makes up for it, slightly, I guess.

ewin00

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
lets see if its really can work well stable and playable ill sell my 3ds. i cant stand with flashcart very expensive and tricky with their hardware revision.

neobrain

-
Trophies
XP
Country
And what if I don't want to install visual studio? Just a question.
If trying out our emulator is not important enough for your to install a free version of Visual Studio, I'd suggest you to wait until we consider Citra to be useful for enough people to warrant providing official builds. If you aren't willing to put some effort into things then there's little point in trying them out just for the heck of it, but there *is* a point in not encouraging other people to make money off other people's work.

Now as to why those builds can't run OoT 3D, that's quite simple: It still requires a bunch of unmerged branches to run properly. The main branch won't run OoT3D as well as in the video, nor will any unofficial builds. We didn't mention this in the video description, because quite frankly said we figured it goes without saying.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if the next handheld would be out by the time it's completely or at least near completely playable. :P
Really the 240p screen is kinda inexcusable considering they could easily make a better screen for the price
I'm guessing you were one of the people who manufactured both the touchscreen and the 3d screen at launch.

Not to mention what a better screen or screens would do to the battery and power of the 3ds.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Not friendly?
Put this in your command line
Code:
git clone https://github.com/citra-emu/citra cciittrraa;cd cciittrraa;mkdir cciittrraa;cd cciittrraa;cmake ..;make
and there you go. (Install git, cmake, gcc, g++, make first)

Of course, if you want everything to have a ssllooww GUI, I can't really help you there.

Well, to be fair installing Linux can be a royal pain in the ass, especially if you don't have a spare hard drive to put it on. Backup everything, repartition, reformat your Windows drive, reload your Windows backup (if you are lucky, if not you are reinstalling Windows and all your apps), install Linux, get everything working (can be easy or very hard), and then get the Windows bootloader to play nice with grub.

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reading some of these comments, I can't help but feel like some people aren't realizing that the video is sped up 10x and the emulator isn't what is emulating at that FPS. Maybe a different video should be shown instead, showing the emulator window and how slow it really goes?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Roll them little snake eyes in
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go gay there I made up his mind
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi: