Hacking cIOS rev14 to be the last cIOS released?

solcott

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
thc42O said:
meh its the last cios that waninkoko will release. hermes will release new shit and the man with the ridiculous name will be nothing more then a thing of the past.

ide also love to know why he figures NEOGAMMA is a proper loader. USBloader +cfg gui owns that pos software
He isn't saying NEOGAMMA is a proper loader, he is saying it is NOT a proper loader. (You fail at geek speak
tongue.gif
)

geekspeak: EG: !neogamma
English: For example, NOT neogamma

diffikolt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kedest said:
After the last bug fixes, the cios will be all it can be. What more than USB loading could we want?

Maybe he'll figure out a way to get his cMIOS to play from USB too...

Who wouldn't want a GCN USB loader? Like I said, this could be great...

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Something wrong with NeoGamma? Is there any other loader that uses Waninkoko's cIOS and eats any game that NeoGamma does not? Which loader was the 1st one with the new 002fix? Which loader was the 1st with alternative .dol loading? Which loader was the 1st with anti 002 fix?

PS: SoftChip also eats Sam & Max

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
diffikolt said:
kedest said:
After the last bug fixes, the cios will be all it can be. What more than USB loading could we want?

Maybe he'll figure out a way to get his cMIOS to play from USB too...

Who wouldn't want a GCN USB loader? Like I said, this could be great...

ah, that would be sweet.

Can't see it happening anytime soon, but would be great.

clownz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with a lot of you that have posted that people do probably nag and beg when the next release is going to be coming out, and it should be for the enjoyment of a side hobby, not something to be pestered about, so I completely understand from that point of view.

I guess I just start to think that Ninny is not retarded and I wouldn't be surprised eventually if they tried to pay some of the bigger names off from making new stuff, or hire them.

Microsoft has been known to hire the same people that have cracked their security at times, so the Wii being a huge money maker for Ninny could probably do the same. I do hope that hermes will continue if Waninkoko does decide to stop.

and sometimes I think people do not show appreciation well enough and its discouragement for talented programmers in the scene. I just dont like to see anything end and I was disappointed when the Xbox 1 scene just slowly disappeared. I guess the concept is the same, here today gone tomorrow. I mean how many people still talk about dashboards like avalaunch?

I am just hoping this scene will stay a live long enough through the life of the Wii.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would Waninko stop making custom IOS? There are only a few reasons... and he hasn't made any statements (that I'm aware of) along the lines of the fact that he hates the wii community or is tired of programming for it.

Why else then? Well... a little thing called bootmii was released recently... I'd say he's probably working on either a true custom firmware (IE system menu, etc) or a way to directly boot backups without need for an IOS (the end all to the cIOS and nintendo dilemnas)

roku93

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Koji, good luck running an official game without IOS..
biggrin.gif

On topic, I hope he's concentrating on cMIOS next.. For.. You know
biggrin.gif
Just think about it: A large hard drive with complete romsets for NES, SNES, N64, GC and Wii..
biggrin.gif

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
maybe because mini will be released soon(maybe..idkdunaskme) and he'll eventually want to port over his apps to use it.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
People need to stop speculaing with silly ideas like GC USB loader with this rev etc, it's not going to happen.

Also the question mark in the topic ? YES it will be the last cIOS by waninkoko. I see people twenty times a day come into his irc, read the topic and and then ask something like " will rev 14 be the last cIOS from waninkoko" YES or why else would he have that topic.

I spoke to waninkoko about Rev 14 but am sworn to keep it secret obviously, as it will have a "new feature" not yet in any cIOS out there and believe me if he gets this feature working, it will be awesome. There's no point in guessing what that new feature will be as I'm yet to hear anyone get close with their guesses.

Also, people saying that he's not making more cIOS because of certain other people in the scene are a bit mental and don't really know how chilled waninkoko is, he doesn't give a sh1t about what people say. Some people have been in denial too and don't believe him, but seriously he has a lot of things in his life, do these people expect him to just keep doing cIOS forever ?

He seems unsure about what he will do about the sources when he's done, but I don't expect him to release them to everyone, as it might mean lots of people making dangerous tools that cause unusal bricks so he might just give them to 1 or 2 devs that can continue if they want and as Nintendo get inventive in ways to detect cIOS. But as I said, he seems to be mulling the idea over, only he knows what he plans and I for one won't be rude and pressure him by asking the questions he's already been asked over and over.

He's mentioned a couple of times in his irc too that he will pretty much retire from the Wii scene very soon too, so I bid him good luck with his new "hobbies". He's given us all soooooo much we should be thankful that we got it so good for so long imho. Mucho kudos amigo
wink.gif

I'm really glad I got to know him a tiny bit as the guys quite funny, and compared to a lot of the devs in the Wii scene doesn't seem to suffer from the god complex some do. Nothing lasts forever (especialy not batteries)
tongue.gif

He might read this topic, so if your going to post about his last cIOS maybe you should post sensible suggestions or hopes of what you'd like to see fixed in the last cIOS from him or pay respect to a great dev and wish him well on what he does next in life.

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
waninkoko said:
Btw, hermes retired from Wii scene too, he just does some little fixes from time to time.

Sad to see you go, you seemed like a really nice person, which is rare in the wii scene.
cry.gif

Good luck with whatever you do next in life, and I just want let you know, I have appreciated everything you've put out there to help people.
You seem like a genuinely good person, and I hope good things happen for you.

so thanks Waninkoko. Thanks for everything.
grog.gif

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Well...I think it's just the right thing he could do...If the rev14 has all Bugs fixed (launch a game after playing one, etc..) and it's stable like never before, I'm pleased
smile.gif
. What do you want more? We now have 100% compability with the .dol trick, and nearly everything works fine...an IOS Reload would be nice, but currently I can live fine with the exchange trick. It's nearly perfect already (just the bugs). And don't forget...Wanin is doing all this for free
lecture.gif
. He realy done enought already...what do you want more? GC-USB-Launcher? Come on...you already got Multigames and a cMIOS... . For me, I'm 230% satisfied with what I got, and I would love to donate something to Wanin, or show my thanks to him, he realy deserves it
smile.gif

Wanin, if you read this: Thank you for all the great things you've done, it's just awesome
smile.gif
. You've done so much, it's simply awesome
smile.gif
. Good luck on whatever you'll do, and thank you again for everything!!!

clownz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know your inbox is full waninkoko so I wanted to post it here:

hey man,
i just wanted to say thank you and that I appreciate all the hard work and time you spent into making my Wii so awesome. I think even 20 years from now when my Wii is sitting somewhere, it will still have your work on it. You have been one of the most influential people in the Wii scene and it will be sad to see you retire from it if you choose to do so. They say Hero's may be forgotten but Legends will never die. I couldn't even begin to imagine all the emails you must get, and all the nagging to come out with something better and I know how frustrating it can be. I haven't done anything special in coding for about 9 years now.
I am 29 years old and got into the Wii because of all the great work you have done for it. It has been some of the most fun times I have had spent with my family enjoying the opportunity to do the unimaginable that most people could not even comprehend if they have never heard of you. Wherever you decide to go, or whatever you decide to code in the future even if it is not Wii related, it will be great. You have accomplished great things in this community and I know there are so many other areas you could use your gift of coding.

Sometimes the Wii scene might be a little childish, I know there are a lot of younger people that always expect expect and expect, and the last time I coded was for AOL 3.0 with VB 3, what a joke that was, but people used to always nag me. I hope that you choose to pass on your code for someone to continue your work, you are a great person to have shared your gifts with such a young community, and for that I really do appreciate you and your talents. You have also been supportive of your work, which takes time and effort, and again another thank you for that.

I know that there will be no more preloaders, and from your words this will be the last cios, and you mentioned hermes retired as well, but thank you my friend for everything. I hope I do get to see your name back around on something. I'll never forget your name.

Sincerely with all respect,

clownz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries