Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
I was thinking... DIP plugin updated but many people cannot test it so, why not to release nightly builds of cIOS? What you guys think?

...that was one of waninkokos last twitter. as I don't use twitter, yet. I'll post my 2 cents about it just here....

Yes, we like to see nightly builds of cIOS
smile.gif

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
assuming ninty fucks us again and we need to revert back to cboot2 methods (highly doubtfull with BB, smashstack and indianapwns still working) then...

so what, can't u use cboot2 to install the cios is wad form?

and even if u need to use the installer with cboot2, we can just install rev14 then update it later

ysuki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
leoszt said:
I'm looking forward for testing too man.

Will get a original SSBB asap with a friend and test. But I did play SSBB before and as I recall, It didn't make so much noises.

A good step for testing, is trying to load the original SSBB through Neogamma e see what happens, thus we will have rev 17 tested with a backup and a original DL media.
Alright, I tested the DVD noise for a backup SSBB and an original disc on a modchip. The noise levels are pretty much at the same level and also the frequency of the noise occurrences. I listened for noises during the intro, stage loading, choosing characters, game play and replays. I tested the backup copy in Neogamma with rev14 to make sure my modchip wasn't doing all the work. Returns a disc read error so that's confirmed. I'll let you handle the rev17 testing with backup and original SSBB. I assume your backup copy will also have its bit-setting set to DVD-ROM. I'm just reluctant to update to rev 17 at the moment. So far games are working fine and I see no need to update. I'm just checking this thread to see the feedback on rev 17 before doing any updates.
wink.gif

CyberAxe

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.cyberaxe.net
XP
Country
I wish he'd stop injecting that stupid low quality music into every release its nto needed and its volume is too damned high that it distorts not to mention makes a file that should only be 300kb or so much larger than it needs to be which is annoying for slower connections

D

Deleted User

@ VashTS

where did you found it? I really want to use parts of it for my channels.

leoszt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ysuki said:
leoszt said:
I'm looking forward for testing too man.

Will get a original SSBB asap with a friend and test. But I did play SSBB before and as I recall, It didn't make so much noises.

A good step for testing, is trying to load the original SSBB through Neogamma e see what happens, thus we will have rev 17 tested with a backup and a original DL media.
Alright, I tested the DVD noise for a backup SSBB and an original disc on a modchip. The noise levels are pretty much at the same level and also the frequency of the noise occurrences. I listened for noises during the intro, stage loading, choosing characters, game play and replays. I tested the backup copy in Neogamma with rev14 to make sure my modchip wasn't doing all the work. Returns a disc read error so that's confirmed. I'll let you handle the rev17 testing with backup and original SSBB. I assume your backup copy will also have its bit-setting set to DVD-ROM. I'm just reluctant to update to rev 17 at the moment. So far games are working fine and I see no need to update. I'm just checking this thread to see the feedback on rev 17 before doing any updates.
wink.gif

your answer came just in time, since I just conducted a test using an original SSBB disc, and the result was:

My backup copy must have failed, because original SSBB worked just fine when ran with neogamma r8 with cios38 rev17, while the copy still takes some tries to work and when works, all those noises are present. Maybe the release was not functional or something wrong happened during the rar extraction (my pc froze for several minutes). And I'm kind of awkward for downloading and burning another release, or testing again with the sameone, since DL discs r kind of hard to find in my region.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
leoszt said:
your answer came just in time, since I just conducted a test using an original SSBB disc, and the result was:

My backup copy must have failed, because original SSBB worked just fine when ran with neogamma r8 with cios38 rev17, while the copy still takes some tries to work and when works, all those noises are present. Maybe the release was not functional or something wrong happened during the rar extraction (my pc froze for several minutes). And I'm kind of awkward for downloading and burning another release, or testing again with the sameone, since DL discs r kind of hard to find in my region.
if u have the original, just use a usb loader to create a fresh back up, then use a backup manager to convert it to ISO, then burn it

that should get u a good rip, without having to download it another pirated rip

ysuki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I have a bit more free time tonight, I'll install rev 17 temporarily to test out the backup copy in Neogamma vs the original disc in Neogamma. I just need to have the rev14 and rev17 files ready to do the test and revert to rev 14 after the test. I am guessing I will have to update Neogamma for rev17 as well.

I also had the same issues for getting some tries to work in disc channel with the backup copy. It might be a typical problem with burned dual layer copies.

Edit update:
I tested rev 17 using xflak's latest forwarder channel for Neogamma using the original and backup copy of SSBB. The noise levels and its frequencies are also the same. Comparing the noises versus the modchip test - I cannot really hear much of a difference. I'm not really sure if the drive is working harder or not compared to a modchip. I don't know if the modchip can read a dual layer discs at 6X or not.

I also tested rev 17 with a single layer back up copy (Tales of Graces) and I got a disc read error. My drive made a dying-like noise so I reverted back to rev 14 and it seems alright again. I was able to load Tales of Graces again so I'm not sure if it's a bad burn or a cIOS issue.

stickybit

Trophies
XP
Country
when i updat to the latest rev it doesnt recognise my harddrive im currently on rev 10 and it works with that but when i update to 14 it doesnt find the harddrive??
can anyone tell me wher im going wrong with this
im on pal wii rev 10 (just about everything works) softmod i use usb loader gx iv even tried reinstalling ubs loader once im on a new rev but it still doesnt work??
will the latest revision sort it?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
stickybit said:
when i updat to the latest rev it doesnt recognise my harddrive im currently on rev 10 and it works with that but when i update to 14 it doesnt find the harddrive??
can anyone tell me wher im going wrong with this
im on pal wii rev 10 (just about everything works) softmod i use usb loader gx iv even tried reinstalling ubs loader once im on a new rev but it still doesnt work??
will the latest revision sort it?
when u say u updated to the latest rev, did u mean u updated to 4.2 firmware?

simonarturo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
it doesn't seem that way, they are two different sentences, as far as I understood it.

"when i updat to the latest rev it doesnt recognise my harddrive
im currently on rev 10 and it works with that but when i update to 14 it doesnt find the harddrive??"

so he was on rev10, updated to rev14, didn't recognize the HDD and moved back to rev10

stickybit

Trophies
XP
Country
man am i thick!!! LOL
i was messing with the harddrive and decided to plug the HD in to the other usb port on the back of the wii as it was searching for the HD and to my amazement all my games jumped up on screen in front of me
on rev 10 it uses the other usb port the one you normally use for an internet connection but on rev 14 it switches to the other usb port for the HD.
man i wish id have known about that it would have saved me months of trial and error
so now im almost up to date and everything works now all my games, emulators everything
rev 14 will defo be satifactory for me untill i need the next one

wonder why it switches usb ports? it should notify you so you dont think its messed up as i thought it did

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to