Hacking Cia fails to install Error 0xf9608022 + weird symptoms

Mrteacher

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im getting the failed to finalize/install 0xf9608022 error when I try to install some CIA's with FBI.

I looked thoroughly through similar threads but mine is kinda unique.

My SD card is legit (from amazon) and formatted correctly, although its big 128gb so that might be a factor.

some CIA's install with no issues (i've installed maybe 10 games no problems).

I've noticed bigger games (anything 1.5 gb's or over) are more likely to have this issue.

sometimes rebooting my 3ds and trying to install the same failed cia will also fix he issue, cia will install with no problems.

Its a new "New 3ds", recently got it like 2 days ago and all the hacks and software are new/up to date.

Just wish I could put my finger on what exactly is happening here. I am considering moving all my sd card contents to my pc and reformatting the sd to fix this but I'm not too sure what I should do.

Meeg85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can eliminate one possibility (SD corrupted or fake) by backing up your data and using H2testw to test it.
I fooled around with it more, was able to install a couple small games from Freeshop, Shantae etc. but still cant get Omega Ruby (1.7 gb) to install from a CIA i downloaded or from Freeshop. I moved my micro sd contents to my hd, running H2testw overnight, i'll post results in a few hours. (P.S. this is my home pc account, i might reply from my work laptop tomorrow...)

Last edited by Meeg85,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Meeg85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after fresh format..
"
Error writing file 'I:\125.h2w', offset 0x3cf00000.
It is still possible to verify the test data written up to this point.
(The drive cannot find the sector requested. Code 27)
Warning: Only 127967 of 127968 MByte tested.
Writing speed: 11.1 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4
"

guessing its a bad micro sd card...

Last edited by Meeg85,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: it was also the only game I played