[Chromebook/ChromeOS] - How do i disable my chromebook"s administrator?

ChromeOS/Chromebook

FINPOST

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I found my old school laptop, but it has administrator on it. I cant contact the school anymore so i need help getting rid of it.
I have tried powerwashing, but hasnt worked. I cant recover the OS since Chromebook Recovery Ultity has been blocked by administrator.
If you know how to solve this, let me know.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There’s a key sequence you can hold while you are rebooting, the same way you can enter into developer mode, with a key seqyuence, if it has not been disabled by an administrator (developer mode is disabled by default for entrolled devices).

On factory reset, the device will contact Google, as soon as it has internet connectivity, and won’t work until it does, and then the device will automatically reeinroll in the administrative pool.

In other words: the only one who can let you out of an administrative pool, is an administrator.

This is to make it worthless to steal Chromebooks.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There’s a key sequence you can hold while you are rebooting, the same way you can enter into developer mode, with a key seqyuence, if it has not been disabled by an administrator (developer mode is disabled by default for entrolled devices).

On factory reset, the device will contact Google, as soon as it has internet connectivity, and won’t work until it does, and then the device will automatically reeinroll in the administrative pool.

In other words: the only one who can let you out of an administrative pool, is an administrator.

This is to make it worthless to steal Chromebooks.
I did that and it was really annoying that it simply wouldn't allow me to use apks as I see fit. I ended up returning the Chromebook since most apps were incompatible and I had thought Chromebooks were just Android laptops.

dudeguy2022

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did that and it was really annoying that it simply wouldn't allow me to use apks as I see fit. I ended up returning the Chromebook since most apps were incompatible and I had thought Chromebooks were just Android laptops.
Fun fact: ChromeOS is actually based off of Gentoo Linux, and has support for both android apps and Linux containers, as well as a fully working steam client that is built specifically for Chromebooks

dudeguy2022

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found my old school laptop, but it has administrator on it. I cant contact the school anymore so i need help getting rid of it.
I have tried powerwashing, but hasnt worked. I cant recover the OS since Chromebook Recovery Ultity has been blocked by administrator.
I have a faint memory of a guide that involved removing something from inside the chromebook that would automatically enroll the chromebook after factory reset, but I have no idea if it's relevant to your model and if it's actually real

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You just can't. Sorry.

Posted on GBA-Temp on 3DS [For some reason]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto