Hacking Choosing a SLOT-1 & SLOT-2 Device for DS/DSL

FISHY_au

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi everyone. I'm in the market for a new flashcart because i dont like the R4DS. I've read heaps of reveiws, but with no offence to the reveiw writers, it is mostly the opinion of one person. So i was wondering what other people have and what there favourites are and why. I also want a SLOT-2 device that is 100% compatible with the SLOT-1. Here's what im looking for, if it helps.

SLOT-1:
Simple GUI
Easy skinning/Menu modding (preferably be able to change skin within the flashcart)
Ultra high ROM compatability
Download play and WiFi play compatible
Spring loaded
Flush fit (no parts hanging out)
Plenty of mobility inside the card (copying and pasting withing the flashcart, ect.)
Good Homebrew compatability
Auto-DLDI Patching

SLOT-2:
Flush fit with no overhangs in a NDSL
Simple GUI
Easy skinning/Menu modding (preferably be able to change skin within the flashcart)
Ultra high ROM compatability
Plenty of mobility inside the card (copying and pasting withing the flashcart, ect.)
Good Homebrew compatability
Auto-DLDI Patching (not sure if this exsists in the GBA flashcarts, but i thought id add it just in case)

PS: I don't want a flashcart with ALL of these features (although it would be nice =P), but there the kind of things im looking for, and as many of those things included as possible. Also, price isn't an issue.

D

Deleted User

Slot 1. Get an Acekard 2 and run AKiAO My cousin has one and it savage.

Soplox

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyclods is the best Slot-1 Flash Cart but is expensive but there other the EDGE that is the clone of the Cyclods or you can get a Acekard. These three are the best ones

FISHY_au

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
rockstar99 said:
Im using an acekard 2i(slot 1) with ez flash 3in1(slot 2)
trust me youll be really happy with that combo

wouldn't it be better just to get the Acekard 2? i though Acekard 2i was for DSi only. I have an NDS Lite.

btw, could people please give me a run down on who to buy from? I dont mind too much about speed or price but i dont want to wait more than a couple of weeks. Also, about the state of the item when delivered (broken, bent, ect.)

EDIT: also, acekard 2 or acekard RPG?

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
An ak2i is only a few more dollars depending where you buy it. You never know when your dsl might go crap on you. I dunno where to tell you where to buy from since you live in australia but how about ozmodchips.com

FISHY_au

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
geez, im definately going with realhotstuff.com atm. Heres a price comparison (incl. shipping, and i think they're both US Dollars).

RHS: Acekard 2 + 4GB MicroSDHC = $31.00
EZ Flash 3-in-1 = $22.50
Total: $53.50

OMC: Acekard 2 + 4GB MicroSDHC = $75.50
EZ Flash 3-in-1 = $37.50
Total: $113.00

FISHY_au

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
RHS: Acekard 2 + 4GB Kingston MicroSDHC + EZ Flash 3-in-1 (bundle) = $52.50 + $22.00 P&H
Total = $74.50

OMC: Acekard 2 + 4GB Kingston MicroSDHC + EZ Flash 3-in-1 = $113.00 (Standard Post = Free, Express Post = $7.70)
Total = $113.00 or $120.70

Velveteer

Trophies
XP
Country
It really depends on whether or not you want to buy from Australia or not. You're likely to get it faster from Australia and it's going to be easier to sort things out if anything goes wrong. I purchased my Acekard from an Australian store, and it turned up quite a lot faster than anything I've ordered from overseas.

Up to you, really.

D

Deleted User

I'm really satisfied with my AK2i, I have had very little rom compatability issues, the GUI is quite friendly and there are plenty of guides to read. AKAIO is a must. Pretty much a Drag'N'Drop Flash-Cart. I've also heard good things about the M3i Sakura card. Homebrew compatability is pretty universal now.

If you don't mind waiting a while dealextreme (ships out of Hong Kong) has really great prices, (seems a bit redundent), but you might be waiting for a while. You can get an Acekard2i for around $12 and a 2GB micro-SD for around 10. Comes out at about $20.

I don't know much about the Slot 2's yet sorry : ) Good Luck!

Rogue Trader

Trophies
XP
Country
CycloDS' are pretty awesome, but I hear good things about the Acekard- so either will probably do.

The 3-in-1 is a fantastic slot-2. It pretty much does everything required, plus it's not too expensive. I can heartily recommend it.

Where you order from depends on how quick you want it. I'd say waiting a couple of extra days for a saving is worth it, but whatever.

FISHY_au

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ok, thanks for the help. unless anything major happens, im probably going to order my Acekard 2, EZ Flash 3-in-1 and 4GB Kingston MicroSDHC in the next few days. I dont mind about the wait, i have my R4 to keep me going until it arrives, so its very likely ill get it from realhotstuff.com.

FISHY_au

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hold on a second, i just found the wikedly awesome prices that dealextreme.com have. free shipping too (i think the free shipping is worldwide anyways). so im wondering, is it going to take like 6 months for it to get to Aus if i buy from there? what makes it so much cheaper than other sites? because i could get the whole kit stated above, minus the 4GB MicroSDHC (which a friend has promised to hook me up with one for like, 10 aussie dollars) for just under $30! if it looks to good to be true, is that probably because it is?

EDIT: also, what currency does dealextreme.com use? im assuming its $US.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Materia_tofu, i have asperger and it makes me part of the (zx) spectrum +1