Homebrew RELEASE ChoiDujourNX - a system firmware installer homebrew for the Nintendo Switch

alucard_xs

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"So, if I used this on my 5.1.0 Switch that I got on day 1, I could downgrade to 1.0.0, even if I've previously burned fuses?
Yes "

No you can't and you musn't. If you do that, you'll get a bricked switch.

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
"So, if I used this on my 5.1.0 Switch that I got on day 1, I could downgrade to 1.0.0, even if I've previously burned fuses?
Yes "

wrong. You can get to whatever version you like, the switch's original bl isn't used at all so it doesn't care about it, your statement is wrong in all possible ways except the grammatic aspects.

Reactions: phoenixclaws

Andalitez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where's the source? Not even touching this without being able to compile myself and see what it does. Also pretty sure this is based on GPL licensed code so not providing source is illegal
Feeling a little entitled there are we.
Ever thought of asking nicely?OP doesnt owe you anything actually.
As for your illegal comment, you cannot be serious now right.Are you going to report him to the relevant authorities regarding his activities... Seriously though dude...are you for real

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes "

Actually, this is indeed possible if you use a bootloader that bypasses the fuse check and prevents fuse burning aka all of the currently available ones. The issue here is you need to enter RCM to utilize these bootloaders which defeats the purpose of downgrading despite having burnt fuses.

In short, the answer is still yes but you are forced to use RCM.

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Actually, this is indeed possible if you use a bootloader that bypasses the fuse check and prevents fuse burning aka all of the currently available ones. The issue here is you need to enter RCM to utilize these bootloaders which defeats the purpose of downgrading despite having burnt fuses.

In short, the answer is still yes but you are forced to use RCM.

Exactly, you won't be on 1.0.0 you'll be on "1.0.0" so even if a coldboot exploit comes out for a low firmware it won't matter because you need to still inject a payload to even start. It's pretty useless unless you want to show your low firmware to your friends!

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
so i used this with 4.1 to get the exfat update , but i unintentionally installed the autorcm option , so i figured i can disable it by accessin the choidujour again but i cant , because i cant launch cfw anymore , its only showin me stock firmware and preventgcupdate as an option , whats the solution ?i dont like having autorcm or drain my battery..
Edit : fixed by editing the hekate. Ini file.

Last edited by Ghassen-ga,
Reactions: 877

Rhapsody

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Does this use hekate's or BriccMii's implementation of AutoRCM? I'm under the impression that they're slightly different in some way, and I heard that if you uninstall AutoRCM with the wrong method you're liable to actually brick.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this use hekate's or BriccMii's implementation of AutoRCM? I'm under the impression that they're slightly different in some way, and I heard that if you uninstall AutoRCM with the wrong method you're liable to actually brick.
It doesn't matter since the entire BOOT0/1 is being overwitten with a freshly briccmii'd copy.

charlieb

Trophies
XP
Country
so i used this with 4.1 to get the exfat update , but i unintentionally installed the autorcm option , so i figured i can disable it by accessin the choidujour again but i cant , because i cant launch cfw anymore , its only showin me stock firmware and preventgcupdate as an option , whats the solution ?i dont like having autorcm or drain my battery..

Hekate has an AutoRCM uninstall IRC. Assuming this messes with same bits to reverse

Garrincho

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
The fact that this can install firmware updates without removing AutoRCM makes this ideal because I won't have to ever use a jig ever again on my switch.

This is my reasoning as well. Tho does the AutoRCM still bring battery discharge issues?

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is my reasoning as well. Tho does the AutoRCM still bring battery discharge issues?
While in the Switch OS, battery issues aren't present. But if you left your switch in RCM and didn't realize it, it will drain a lot of battery over night. Always leave your switch in sleep mode instead of powering it off. And if you want to power it off surely, use the sxos bootloader or hekate bootloader to power off properly with it being in rcm. Powering it off from the OS itself will result in it being in RCM.

Reactions: Garrincho

fatterdude2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there possibility of backing up and restoring game card firmware in future ?

Also, I was cleaning up my sd card and found fuse.bin in root. Is this a file left over from the original update/noburn method so ok to remove?

P.s. Impressive work by the way. Thanks for sharing !

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did that with my 3.0.0 Switch and I'm now on 5.1.0, it worked like a charm.
One thing that caught my eye tho it that whenever I power down my Switch completely, RCM mode launches after a few seconds, is that normal?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I never realized askejeves is just ask.com now lol