Homebrew RELEASE ChoiDujourNX - a system firmware installer homebrew for the Nintendo Switch

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
if not needing to prevent GC controller updates, boot stock with hekate, not whatever freaky profile you might have.

_Shebang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Seem to be having some issues with SX OS -- I suppose this is to be expected since you don't launch the Homebrew menu the same way.. Works perfectly with Hekate though!

Raverrevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very important question, but first this is my situation;

In a week I will be taking a trip to Europe. I bought myself a couple new Switch games to play, except they both require higher firmwares and I'm still on 4.1.0.

I would like to finally mod out my switch and apply this firmware update, BUT....does this in any way risk my console from getting banned if I decide to play Rocket League online or something. I mean I'm going to assume I'll be fine because all I want to do is mod for firmware and that's it, but I figured I'd ask just in case.

I actually don't mind updating, but if I can avoid burning fuses I will. I just want to make sure everything works right.

Garrincho

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Very very nice work! Just a small question. If I use this to update, it already installs autoRCM after that? In essence I want to know if I just need to short the pins to start the installers and if I don't need a jig afterwards to make sure I don't burn the fuses.

anickname

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@rajkosto

I'm trying to load the application on firmware 1.0.0, it tries to start but closes immediately.
I'm using SDFiles v6 with these options added to hekate_ipl.ini:

debugmode=1
fullsvcperm=1

Tried with sigpatchpayload.bin (from SDFiles arhive), hekate 3.2.
Also updated hbloader as per FAQ.

Do you have any idea ?

Thanks.

gallymimu

EE Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@rajkosto Could you please provide some detail on the autoRCM implementation used in your tool (which looks AWESOME BTW). I want to understand how it works. Does it cause the boot process to fail? Or does it force the boot process to load a particular binary on the SD card. I presume if it forces load of a particular binary it has a fixed filename.

I'm simply trying to understand the options for launching Hekate vs ReiNX, swapping them etc. after using this for an update.

Thanks for the help.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@rajkosto Could you please provide some detail on the autoRCM implementation used in your tool (which looks AWESOME BTW). I want to understand how it works. Does it cause the boot process to fail? Or does it force the boot process to load a particular binary on the SD card. I presume if it forces load of a particular binary it has a fixed filename.

I'm simply trying to understand the options for launching Hekate vs ReiNX, swapping them etc. after using this for an update.

Thanks for the help.
AutoRCM subtly corrupts the BOOT0/1 partitions, forcing the Switch to enter RCM on each coldboot. That's all it does.

By forcing the Switch to enter RCM on each coldboot, it can't have the chance to boot normally and burn your efuses. It will always enter RCM, whereupon you will load Hekate, ReiNX, etc. in order to boot the OS without burning efuses.

Reactions: gallymimu

anickname

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@rajkosto

Found the problem. I was thinking that

debugmode=1
fullsvcperm=1

are global options, and they aren't, they are entry options. Changed the options and the application starts.

P.S. Nice application GUI.

alucard_xs

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Really not a fan of AutoRCM as it modify the NAND.
I've got a SX Pro right now, and I prefer the classic method 'Jig and dongle' every boot.
AutoRCM can't be disabled ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Roll them little snake eyes in
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Roll them little snake eyes in