Homebrew CHMM - Custom HomeMenu Manager

Sony98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I tryed the Updated version 1.4
If i go down to choose more than 17 Themes on my old 3ds (Emunand 9.7) the 3ds freezes and i cant see more themes.

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
image.jpg

Edit: Nevermind, I fixed it.

Gregory Schwall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everytime I run this, I get error 65 cannot access extdata archive.

I've set themes on both sysnand and emunand, so that's not it. I've formatted both emunand and sysnand, s that's not it.

I'm on Jap 8.1 New 3ds Emunand 8.1 n3ds as well.

Please any suggestions. As I said I have already set a theme manually from one of the default themes, so that's not fixing my issue.

Thanks all.

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
This has probably been answered before, but is there any way to rotate CHMM themes so that every time we close the system a new theme shows up? Like what you can do with regular themes on 9.x devices.

Edit: So I think I incorrectly installed a custom theme and it crashed and gave me a black screen. Now every time I try to enter emuNAND I get that black screen :/ . I think my only option is to format it and then install a backup of an earlier emuNAND. What a bother...

Lenan

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
This has probably been answered before, but is there any way to rotate CHMM themes so that every time we close the system a new theme shows up? Like what you can do with regular themes on 9.x devices.

Edit: So I think I incorrectly installed a custom theme and it crashed and gave me a black screen. Now every time I try to enter emuNAND I get that black screen :/ . I think my only option is to format it and then install a backup of an earlier emuNAND. What a bother...

1. The random option is not possible atm, but you could make a custom theme cia and then use it like a normal one.
2. If you have a backup of your SD before the crash, you should have a folder called 000002ce(last letter may be different depending on your region. e=eur; I believe d=us and c=jap?) in the your extdata folder. Simply replace the current folder with that backup.

Reactions: Ericzander

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
1. The random option is not possible atm, but you could make a custom theme cia and then use it like a normal one.
2. If you have a backup of your SD before the crash, you should have a folder called 000002ce(last letter may be different depending on your region. e=eur; I believe d=us and c=jap?) in the your extdata folder. Simply replace the current folder with that backup.

Thanks for that, that'll certainly help me if I get that problem in the future, but I actually resorted to starting completely from scratch... Luckily I had all my saves backed up but it took about a day to get everything set up how I like.

cavolo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yup yup,

I have a little error (well, to be correct, its just and error :d ), when I want to apply theme, I got that
Code:
Error: [string "?"]:81: error writing
file
I've tried with two different theme. I have a GW so they are placed where they have to be placed.
Code:
roy@Raffaello ~> ls -l /mnt/GATEWAYNAND/Themes/Slowpoke/
total 3328
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 3035584 Jun  3 10:49 bgm.bcstm*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  282102 Jun  3 10:49 body_LZ.bin*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root   46587 Jun  3 10:49 preview.png*
roy@Raffaello ~> ls -l /mnt/GATEWAYNAND/Themes/theme1/
total 3840
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 3241696 Jun  3 11:03 bgm.bcstm*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  519011 Jun  3 11:03 body_LZ.bin*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  140704 Jun  3 11:03 preview.png*

I have tested under me emuNAND in 9.7.0-25, in my old3DS. With the latest version of CHMM.

Edit: Ok, I've found how to correct this error. Its ... stupid me imo :P
I had not initialized the theme manager from Nintendo, open at least one time the HOME parameter then "change theme", it will do some magic the very first time, and after that, CHMM works like a charm.

I dont delete my post, in case someone search for the same error.

Last edited by cavolo,
Reactions: SMVB64

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country
http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Home_Menu#Home_Menu_Theme_SD_ExtData
Starting with 9.3.0-X Home Menu can use more files in this extdata, for theme shuffling. "theme:/ThemeManage_%02d.bin" "theme:/BgmCache_%02d.bin" "theme:/BodyCache_%02d.bin" "theme:/BodyCache_rd.bin"

It is documented how to set up themes for shuffling. For this homebrew to support that would be nice.

Also, 1.4 is pretty unusable. It just stays at the screen that tells me to press the power button to start, even if I spam that button.
Using it on 9.8 emuNAND as a cia.

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Home_Menu#Home_Menu_Theme_SD_ExtData

It is documented how to set up themes for shuffling. For this homebrew to support that would be nice.

Also, 1.4 is pretty unusable. It just stays at the screen that tells me to press the power button to start, even if I spam that button.
Using it on 9.8 emuNAND as a cia.
I've had trouble with it too, are you giving it a hard press? or maybe try a long press?

Melon__Bread

~It's A Magik~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah since the recent update (n3ds emunand 9.5) when I go to install a theme it just freezes at installing theme then does nothing. Then when I boot into emunand it just sits at a black screen. The only way for me to fix this is to delete the home menu data (000002cc) off of my microSD card then I have to redo my whole home menu set up. The only way to

Last edited by Melon__Bread,
Reactions: 2Hack

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDBFP_T5XHU