Gaming Child of Light™ - Now Coming To PlayStation Vita

TheCasketMan

Keyblade Apprentice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A 540p Vita screen looks as good as 1080p. Why? Because of the screen size. If the Vita had a 55' screen, then of course it would look horrible on a 540p resolution. Even the 240p 3DS screen looks beautiful, specially the smaller screen of the OG 3DS. I always find cell phones with a 1080p screen a rip off. In my opinion, it doesn't make the display looks better, because it is already tiny enough(maybe that's why they are making phones' displays bigger these days). Instead all it does is make the text smaller and harder to read. Only big tablets really benefit from HD resolutions.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A 540p Vita screen looks as good as 1080p. Why? Because of the screen size. If the Vita had a 55' screen, then of course it would look horrible on a 540p resolution. Even the 240p 3DS screen looks beautiful, specially the smaller screen of the OG 3DS. I always find cell phones with a 1080p screen a rip off. In my opinion, it doesn't make the display looks better, because it is already tiny enough. Instead all it does is make the text smaller and harder to read.

The 3DS screen looks terrible. As someone who owns an original 3DS, a Vita, and a Samsung Galaxy S3, it's such shit. The Vita screen is great though.

TheCasketMan

Keyblade Apprentice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3DS screen looks terrible. As someone who owns an original 3DS, a Vita, and a Samsung Galaxy S3, it's such shit. The Vita screen is great though.

Well what I meant was that playing a game on the 240p 3DS looks a lot better than watching a video in 240p on a TV or computer monitor, due to the screen size and dpi.

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP

I dropped my S3 yesterday and the bottom of the screen has a few cracks in it. If I didn't have a screen protector on it I think it would have been totaled but the LCD and Digitizer are fine!
Been quoted £60 for a fix but the glass is only £20 online so I may attempt it myself.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
1080p (1920x1080) on a 17" screen equals 129.58 ppi, the PSVita's screen is 220 ppi. Effectively it means that as long as the distance between the viewer and the screen is the same in both cases, the game will look better on the PSVita despite a lower resolution because the pixels are more tightly packed and by proxy less noticeable.

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW? Lrn2pixels, GBATemp. ;O;

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dropped my S3 yesterday and the bottom of the screen has a few cracks in it. If I didn't have a screen protector on it I think it would have been totaled but the LCD and Digitizer are fine!
Been quoted £60 for a fix but the glass is only £20 online so I may attempt it myself.

My screen is also shit, fell off a shelf and it shattered. But that was almost a year ago now and the thing still works fine. I'm due an upgrade soon but it's impressive that it hasn't fallen apart. My last phone (it was some shit Samsung Intercept, a cheapo phone) just eventually became near unusable near the end of its life. I remember using it as a GPS to get to my grandmother's house and having to wait half an hour (no exaggeration) for it to actually work because it'd freeze half the time.

Anyway I digress, point is that the 3DS screen is quite ugly. Watching a 240p display on it is fine if it's, well, 240p, but don't you wish you could have a bigger display anyway?

Ozito

Who you gonna call?
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Sorry for going OT.

Just wanted to give you a heads-up that the lcd and digitizer is fused together (really strong glue) and almost impossible to separate them without the correct equipment.

So if you're going to fix it by yourself, make sure to buy the complete lcd assembly.

Reactions: T-hug

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you can put a Vita on your pocket, you have extra huge pockets

My pockets fit a 3DS with slidepad pro in them and they are normal sized, just not too comfy (not that Jeans were comfy anyway).
Since the Vita isn't as fat but is longer I don't see a problem with that (except you are wearing jeans with these ridiculous decorative buttons that are great to create scratches on the screen).

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
The actual game is not a downgrade though and the burn in rumor was debunked ages ago as in it would take 100 years of non stop play to happen, or something like that.

My phone has the top status bar burned into the screen, so don't give me that bullshit. Burn-in is real for OLED. Every time I turn my phone to watch a video, there's the burn-in on the left side, clock digits, battery and wifi.

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
My phone has the top status bar burned into the screen, so don't give me that bullshit. Burn-in is real for OLED. Every time I turn my phone to watch a video, there's the burn-in on the left side, clock digits, battery and wifi.

Unlucky for you I play my Vita daily since launch day and it has no burn at all. Same goes for my SGS3!

Reactions: chavosaur

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you can put a Vita on your pocket, you have extra huge pockets

We don't all wear girl jeans. I can quite comfortably fit my vita in my pocket (though I don't, because that's how I killed 3 separate DS' triggers).

You must have heavily used your phone for several years to ever make that happen. Burn-in is 'real', but it's difficult enough to the point that you'd probably have to intentionally attempt to cause it to happen, and even then it likely wouldn't.
Anyway, your first post stated you don't even have the device...why the fuck are you on the vita forum, in a vita game thread to say "Ya I dun gonna gets it cuz I dun gots da sistem and lolol my pc vursion is butter"
Are you stupid? or just lost.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:( my Vita must have been dropped or in a backpack with wear and tear before I got it. There are a few "burnt in" places, but i think it might actually be damaged screen areas. Its still beautiful, none the less.

Child of light on Vita? Yes prease. I didnt really want to play it on PS4 anyways.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
You must have heavily used your phone for several years to ever make that happen. Burn-in is 'real', but it's difficult enough to the point that you'd probably have to intentionally attempt to cause it to happen, and even then it likely wouldn't.

I bought this phone in August of 2013. The burn-in appeared in October 2013. The struggle is real. And I don't pay attention to which forum the link on the front page takes me to, I just post wherever it takes me.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I bought this phone in August of 2013. The burn-in appeared in October 2013. The struggle is real. And I don't pay attention to which forum the link on the front page takes me to, I just post wherever it takes me.

I got my Phone in December 2012 and have it since without any single burn-ins.
Either you did something wrong or you did something wrong.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I got my Phone in December 2012 and have it since without any single burn-ins.
Either you did something wrong or you did something wrong.

Just standard usage at medium brightness or below. Kitkat 4.4 gives a transparent status bar, but by then it was too late.

ibis_87

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hmm.. Looks tempting, I believe there will be no significant downgrade, since the game is not graphics-heavy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: sup