United States

spanks54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thinking about this threa kinda reminded me about the first time I cheated on a console game... well, kinda cheated. I was using Gameshark for my Super Mario 64. And no, I don't really recall doing anything usefull. But I guess maybe because it was in the hayday of 3d graphics, the gameshark was able to modify alot of diffrent appearance things with the game, making mario green or the landscape emerald, or even making mario run around bent back over at the hip with his head in the ground. Stuff like that was random fun but you don't really see that as much with cheats any more. Man how I miss those days.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It dosen't help that some of the most popular carts (R4, M3 G6 etc) now have built in cheats. So even if you didn't know how/about dipstar or other cheat programs, its pretty much INEVITABLE now that they stare you in the face every time you boot a game.

Yeah, Team Cyclops actually just instituted a new feature in their latest firmware that allows you to download the latest cheats for use with the Evo card.

I don't mind the cheats being there, though I don't use them. I just wish they didn't exist for online play. I can't imagine it even being fun cheating online...what possible satisfaction could be gained from it? I can see if you're trying to beat a game in single player and perhaps having trouble with a boss or level, but cheating in an online game takes the competition out of it, and that's what it's all about.

HellShade

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The only thing I do is save myself the labor of EV training and edit completely legitimate Pokemon, I don't change IVs or anything, Just regular 510 EVs and level 100.

I win online, I lose online, but quite frankly, I don't feel bad for it, knowing that what I really did was take a shortcut.

However, what I do hate is people pulling out a Spiritomb with Wonder Guard, max stats, and SubPunch.

notnarb

Not narbing it up
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
people who complain about snaking are pussies who dont know how to do it. if your complainin so much then just learn how to do it instead of hoping that everyone stops
I can snake moderately well but I just don't like it because a. it gives people with ds lites an advantage and b. i have a minor problem with my left thumb and rapid left right movements aggravate it. And I wasn't complaining, I was SOLVING
laugh.gif

calvin_0

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
cheating as in using AR..ya it take all the fun away....

but using in-game cheats...hell no....because

only people who have AR can use AR cheat, but everyone can use in-game cheats.

JimmyJangles

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just recently got a wireless network and started trying some Wifi. So far Planet Puzzle League is the worst I've encountered with cheaters. These people get like 50x chains, to the point that the game doesn't seem to even have sound effects to go with each drop. I try to hold out as long as I can, usually for 3-4 minutes, and actually won a couple of games against cheaters
smile.gif
One time my touch screen went nuts too. I figured it was a random glitch, but with all the cheaters I'm not really sure anymore.

Picross where the other guy finishes both puzzles in under 20 seconds are quite awesome too, especially since they all have the "AbsoluteBeginner" tag.

Sucks that Nintendo hasn't done anything about it yet, especially since I've been seeing complaints about cheaters almost since the DS came out.

Foie

That one guy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the point of a "game" is that everyone has the same limits/boundaries. cheats break these limits and so it can no longer be considered a game. it's like playing sports in real life and one team is on steroids and your team isn't... it won't be fun. equal competition is the only thing that will give you lasting fun and not a 30 min power trip.

That is WAY too much of an understatement. It would be like playing another basketball team, except their basketball hoop's rim is 10 feet wide. Or playing a baseball team who's home run is just past the pitchers mound.

Cheating gives the other players more than just an unfair advantage. It often makes it impossible to win. In MPH, one of the cheats is to have unlimited health. Tell me it doesn't spoil the fun to play an unbeatable opponent.

AoXoA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
While I can see the problems it causes, I have a cyclo-ds evolution and the cheating system is actually fun and great for some games/occasions.

But yeah cheating online is so lame, and cheaters do ruin the enjoyment of everyone else. Fortuantly for me, I dont play online (my 2 brothers, 7 of my nephews/nieces, all have nds's) and while I tried it, the game de-syncs alot, and how you cannot hold items backwards is pretty dodgy.

Its like how counterstrike is now. I remember when it first came out, and was so much fun. Now I retried it a couple months ago, and while it was fun there were so many blatant hackers. Cheating online just to have a advantage is wrong.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't imagine it even being fun cheating online...what possible satisfaction could be gained from it? I can see if you're trying to beat a game in single player and perhaps having trouble with a boss or level, but cheating in an online game takes the competition out of it, and that's what it's all about.
I disagree. I used to hack on GunZ, and it was very enjoyable. Flying around with super massive on, mowing down 12 people in a row.

Good times.

Duke_Jay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
When i have downloaded a new firmware update the first thing i do is delete the cheat.dat file, cheating does spoils the game.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can't imagine it even being fun cheating online...what possible satisfaction could be gained from it? I can see if you're trying to beat a game in single player and perhaps having trouble with a boss or level, but cheating in an online game takes the competition out of it, and that's what it's all about.

I disagree. I used to hack on GunZ, and it was very enjoyable. Flying around with super massive on, mowing down 12 people in a row.

Good times.

I wonder how fun it was for the people getting mowed down?
dry.gif

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Good times.

dry.gif
Not caring about other people makes life so much more enjoyable.

Blebleman

GBAtemp Old-Timer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Good times.
dry.gif

Being Emo is soooo 2005.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Good times.
dry.gif

Being Emo is soooo 2005.
Having apathy is not the same as being emo dear.

In fact, its almost the exact opposite.

Duke_Jay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I delete the cheat.dat file everytime when a new update comes out, I dont realy care about WiFi but i think its more fun to beat a game without any cheats.
But i have to agree with Urza, cheating is fun.
I remember the time i played runescape, i had like 10 bots and gained 3 mill a day and was superrich and al the other players where like "wow you are superrich gimme money plz".

xflash

Local Ninja
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
it all depends on whenever both of the players cheat or just one because when both cheat it might be even more fun than if no one was cheating depending on the game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and also ahve the option to play as a human
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or set it up that when you get injured past a certain point they have to replace your human parts with cybernetics
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i have a placeholder enemy sprite i made
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or have it that you don't know you are a cyborg, robot, and you find out and have a existential crisis
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or have it start in the virtual world and you are an ai that gained sentience
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw gonna wash my face in a bit, my eyes feel tired
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and you convince your owner to help you break out of the virtual world to real world
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Eyes - "yawn"
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you bleack in to goverment computer systems to get cyborg schematics so you can get a robot body constructed
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw @BigOnYa the health bar doesnt decrease when i take damage (and yes i put the "at the beggining of the scene change value of greenflatbar: set to Protagonistcopmode.Health::Health())
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    i the protagonist
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    human, robot, cyborg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    human with cyborg enhancements
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or like terminatior
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    with living tissue
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty there is health behaviour you can add to your character, then to use a health bar is lil more complicated, google n watch a few tutorial video on it, be too hard to explain here.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the character has the health behavior
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I know you have to create a health and health max variable. Then there is a calculation you use in code to subtract width size of the health bar. Google few vids.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the "greenflatbar" is one of the preset health bars btw
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you can use any bar/sprite. It will just change the width. Ok good luck and have fun. I'm off to go shoot some pool at the bar. Talk to you later.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why does the health behavior exist if you can just use a variable?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and nope the number still doesnt change
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and nope the number still doesnt change