Hacking Cheat files does not work on a genuine R4DS flashcart

Cynda117

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Cheat files does not work on my R4, even after I patched DS_MENU.DAT with the debugger. Help.
hate2.gif

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Other solutions -

Open the cheat.dat with R4CCE and remove EVERY unwanted game from the list.
Use YSMenu instead

EDIT: v1.21 may not be made by the original R4 team but it has been proved to work on genuine R4 cards. It's a bit buggy but cheats work better.

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Depravo said:
EDIT: v1.21 may not be made by the original R4 team but it has been proved to work on genuine R4 cards. It's a bit buggy but cheats work better.

I thought it was the other way around, YSMenu got all the cheats working and this new unofficial firmware didn't, I could be wrong but I believe it was this way.
The only reason to get this firmware is because one game, Star Wars Jedi something, does work with this firmware. Or if you think R4YSAuto is to hard to work with (to which I disagree since it's peanuts to get it to work), then you could get this firmware instead. Otherwise just get YSMenu, it's the best firmware for the R4 at the moment.

Maybe the M3 Team will make firmware that's backwards compatible with old R4 since they took over and started developing new R4s, but this still isn't confirmed yet, I believe.

QUOTE(fgghjjkll @ Jun 29 2009, 08:45 AM) no. best solution. buy new cart

Stop this nonsense all the time. Everytime someone has issues with an R4 people say get a new flashcart.
If people wanted a new flashcart they would have bought a new one already. So stop complaining and help these people with their issues.
This still is an R4 board and not a wiseguy board.

My solution is try to get YSMenu working on your R4 as it is the best firmware for it at the moment.
If you have any issues trying to get it to work, I'm willing to help you out.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
this new unofficial firmware fixes the cheat bug (display all cheats)

my solution is also ysmenu
but for those who is having problem to get a copy of ysmenu
i will just introduce them the unofficial firmware 1.22

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...