• Likes 1

sno

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm cheap are there any other viable options other than places like funny whatever site or ali blahblah? (I dont trustem)
Also kind of leaning on original gba shell compatibility but small exceptions maybe..? 👀

Reactions: AkikoKumagara

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm cheap are there any other viable options other than places like funny whatever site or ali blahblah? (I dont trustem)
Also kind of leaning on original gba shell compatibility but small exceptions maybe..? 👀
Cheap screens on other places like eBay will be the same type of quality you would find on AliExpress. I suggest going to FunnyPlaying or the resellers of FunnyPlaying to find the best screen for your needs.

Reactions: BigOnYa

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Get a broken DS Lite and turn it into a Macro.

Also, don't buy cheap stuff, lots of reddit posts about broken or unfitting screens, dead pixels, vertical lines, yellowing... just... get a broken DS Lite.

Reactions: AkikoKumagara

sno

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stick some LEDs in the screen like we did 15 years ago.

That's the only way you'll get a lighted screen being a cheapass.
I actually thought of this and I thought I was being silly... Maybe... LEDs have made huge improvements over the passed few years. I think this is best solution XD

haroldoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey snow, I repair gba's often and I couldn't find them anywhere, until I found them from a vendor online for about 3 dollars each. I have a few or I can give you the vendors name. I think you have to buy in bulk of 5 if I recall. Anyways. You can buy 5 for 15 or message me and I can send you one for 5$ plus shipping. Screens are prime cond. Just remember to include # of pins
Post automatically merged:

Hey snow, I repair gba's often and I couldn't find them anywhere, until I found them from a vendor online for about 3 dollars each. I have a few or I can give you the vendors name. I think you have to buy in bulk of 5 if I recall. Anyways. You can buy 5 for 15 or message me and I can send you one for 5$ plus shipping. Screens are prime cond. Just remember to include # of pins
Sorry I'm re-reading this post and I noticed you said led lit screen. Unfortunately, unless you get one of those silly extensions, it's about 40$ for a screen. I get them on ebay, they work fine and are easy to install

Ozito

Who you gonna call?
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Now that's a name I've not heard in a long time... a long time.
Right? I still got one kit installed, wasn't the prettiest install but it worked.

I guess that's what OP is looking for.. they can still be bought from alixpress for about 20usd with shipping.

link1 for the GBC apparently.
link2
link3

Check this out.. the Afterburner manual is still online😍

Last edited by Ozito,
  • Love
Reactions: TripleSMoon

Ozito

Who you gonna call?
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
He isn't really clear with his questions though.
He starts by portraying himself as cheap (implying as if that's the reason to the question) but then asks for viable options to aliexpress or funnyplaying due to lack of trust which confuses the intention of the question 🤷🏽‍♂️

koffieleut

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Right? I still got one kit installed, wasn't the prettiest install but it worked.

I guess that's what OP is looking for.. they can still be bought from alixpress for about 20usd with shipping.

link1 for the GBC apparently.
link2
link3

Check this out.. the Afterburner manual is still online😍
I remember those GBC frontlit mods, even after putting a litre of Loca between the screen and the mod you still can't see a thing.

• Haha
Reactions: Ozito

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game