Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/08/29/cex_servers_hacked/

The register says the high street seller of second hand electronics and tat (so likely frequented by many a UK based member, though there are a bunch in Europe, apparently even a few in the US and some even further afield) had its online services hacked. Note so far it is online which is bothered and the in store stuff appears fine.

"first name, surname, address, email address and phone number" are the main ones. 2009 and older credit/debit card info might have also gone walkabout but as mentioned in the opening link most of those have probably expired by this point (though if it is anything like my cards there is all of one digit difference and the forgot my stupid little security number bit only needs address and age to bypass it).

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Do.Not.Save.Credit.Card.Information.On.Sites.

For the same reason i don't save my CC info on Steam and i'm still not sure if they can get my info even though i haven't saved them.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Do.Not.Save.Credit.Card.Information.On.Sites.

For the same reason i don't save my CC info on Steam and i'm still not sure if they can get my info even though i haven't saved them.

Just make sure you have other security practices in place.

For example, give every site its own login and never enter your cc over an unsecured connection e.g. Public wifi.

I wouldnt be surprised if there are sites which store the cc somewhere on their systems, even just for a while as a form of protection.

Also, always check your bills for unusual activity.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Ohhh. NSFW!!!! https://youtu.be/q3C3ceUYXRY?feature=shared