Homebrew CaVE Database Manager - A SNES, NES, N64, Genesis Switch Online modding App

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
that was my issue with one of the snes pack awhile ago before I knew about cave. Maybe delete your save data to the app itself

Argh! I used Tinfoil to delete the nsp and the update, used the system to delete the save file, reinstalled it, and the damn games are still there.

iiTzSamurai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Argh! I used Tinfoil to delete the nsp and the update, used the system to delete the save file, reinstalled it, and the damn games are still there.
Why are u using tinfoil lol press start on the game and delete from there or go into you system data settings and delete from there

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Why are u using tinfoil lol press start on the game and delete from there or go into you system data settings and delete from there
That’s what I did originally, which didn’t work. I thought using Tinfoil to delete the update as well as the game itself, and then deleting the save data as you suggested, might do the trick. It did not.

DarkAkuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That’s what I did originally, which didn’t work. I thought using Tinfoil to delete the update as well as the game itself, and then deleting the save data as you suggested, might do the trick. It did not.

If this packs is indeed a LayeredFS setup like CaVE, then deleting and reinstalling the app would be pointless. You would need to delete the folder from the atmosphere/contents folder on your SD card. I know you said you couldn't find it, but... thats where your focus needs to be. It has to be there. It's the only way it makes sense for the games to remain through deleting and reinstalling the app otherwise. The folder would be "01008D300C50C000". If you cant find it... IDK. Your issue is beyond help.

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this packs is indeed a LayeredFS setup like CaVE, then deleting and reinstalling the app would be pointless. You would need to delete the folder from the atmosphere/contents folder on your SD card. I know you said you couldn't find it, but... thats where your focus needs to be. It has to be there. It's the only way it makes sense for the games to remain through deleting and reinstalling the app otherwise. The folder would be "01008D300C50C000". If you cant find it... IDK. Your issue is beyond help.
The only other solution is googling each folder’s number individually. That number is the TitleID or the BuildID for the game that is being patched. I don’t currently remember which, but googling that number string should bring up the game it was meant for. If you find one that’s weird or doesn’t have a match to certain websites that list these things, you found your culprit.

ScottNBNP

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Most likely something stupid that i am doing, but for the life of me i can't work out how to edit the game details. I add some info about the game, making sure to keep it inside the ruler and under 10 lines, but when i load it up on the switch, and go into details, every game has META_TITLE_COMMENT_M_(number)_e

:( what am i doing incorrectly :(

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Most likely something stupid that i am doing, but for the life of me i can't work out how to edit the game details. I add some info about the game, making sure to keep it inside the ruler and under 10 lines, but when i load it up on the switch, and go into details, every game has META_TITLE_COMMENT_M_(number)_e

:( what am i doing incorrectly :(
I think someone said this can be due to different language settings?

• Love
Reactions: ScottNBNP

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The only other solution is googling each folder’s number individually. That number is the TitleID or the BuildID for the game that is being patched. I don’t currently remember which, but googling that number string should bring up the game it was meant for. If you find one that’s weird or doesn’t have a match to certain websites that list these things, you found your culprit.

I’ve done that as well. There are only two folders in the contents folder and I know what they are both patching.

iiTzSamurai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only other way other than doing a complete fresh install of your switch is to probably dump the nsp that you installed and see where the edited or added games are located. Other than that this is all I know

DarkAkuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

He said he installed a NSO SNES pack. NSO SNES can uses 2 Title IDs. "01008D300C50C000" or "0100E8600C504000". Since he did not specifically mention anything about japanese/chinese, you can assume its not the second one. No other title id folders in the "atmopshere/contents" folder should effect anything with a NSO SNES/SFC app.

I’ve done that as well. There are only two folders in the contents folder and I know what they are both patching.

At this point, I can only conclude that your SD card is bugged. That to the firmware and LayerFS code, the folder still exists. But to your SD card hardware/software the folder does not. While I havent heard of this specific issue, I have heard of SD card corruption issues (largely with Tinfoil's shitty MTP server code. If you are using that... Its safe to say, thats the issue). I would probably recommend... first trying a different method of accessing your SD card files and looking for the folder to delete. DBI has a MTP responder server option (though it can be buggy when it comes to deleting folder...). TegraRcmGUI has a memloader. You could try a switch homebrew app like Goldleaf to browse the SD card and delete the folder (I use this option regularly myself). If all that fails... backup what you need from your SD card, format it, and restore the files. It's a PITA but its all you can do.

Oh and most importantly, for everyone else. Take this as further reasons to never use those shitty ROM packs!

Chop1n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got everything up and running smoothly with NSO GBA, but I can't seem to get Fire Emblem Sacred Stones Plus (a QoL hack) to load--it'll just make the typical selection sound, and then remain on the selection screen, no hanging or crashing.

The unpatched ROM loads just fine, as do the other unpatched games I've played. The patched ROM works fine on other emulators. The Mario + Luigi Superstar Saga QoL hack I have loaded works just fine, so it must be some quirk of the FE hack that doesn't agree with NSO. Might there be any feasible/sane way to get a particular ROM hack to work?

Edit: Same problem with this FE6 Plus patch, evidently made by the same author. I wonder what their patches could be doing that breaks NSO compatibility.

Last edited by Chop1n,

Sephiroth713

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sorry. I missed your post the first time around.

I just looked into it and, yea. There is 0x68 bytes of data appended at the begining of the sram as a header. I have only taken a quick look, but the format seems simple enough. A Sha1 checksum of the ROM, and one of the SRAM itself. I should be able to whip up a tool option in CaVE similar to N64.
Looking forward to it. Because I was trying so hard to be able to export my save to retroarch but with no vail xd Thank you for your service lol

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
He said he installed a NSO SNES pack. NSO SNES can uses 2 Title IDs. "01008D300C50C000" or "0100E8600C504000". Since he did not specifically mention anything about japanese/chinese, you can assume its not the second one. No other title id folders in the "atmopshere/contents" folder should effect anything with a NSO SNES/SFC app.

At this point, I can only conclude that your SD card is bugged. That to the firmware and LayerFS code, the folder still exists. But to your SD card hardware/software the folder does not. While I havent heard of this specific issue, I have heard of SD card corruption issues (largely with Tinfoil's shitty MTP server code. If you are using that... Its safe to say, thats the issue). I would probably recommend... first trying a different method of accessing your SD card files and looking for the folder to delete. DBI has a MTP responder server option (though it can be buggy when it comes to deleting folder...). TegraRcmGUI has a memloader. You could try a switch homebrew app like Goldleaf to browse the SD card and delete the folder (I use this option regularly myself). If all that fails... backup what you need from your SD card, format it, and restore the files. It's a PITA but its all you can do.

Oh and most importantly, for everyone else. Take this as further reasons to never use those shitty ROM packs!
Well, thanks for trying!

FWIW I never use Tinfoil for anything, and actually installed for this action and then uninstalled it. I don’t use MTP and install nsps with dbi.
Post automatically merged:

One other totally unrelated thing that I discovered: I installed GBA Rhythm Tengoku with Cave, and on the rhythm test at the beginning I was late late late late late on every beat. Final score was 43.

I’m a semi-pro jazz bassist, I’ve got a pretty good sense of time, and on original hardware I nail this.

This was in handheld, so it’s not from TV lag. There seems to be just a hair lag on the GBA emulator.
Post automatically merged:

Hey, if this helps diagnose this, the source of the nsps I installed, which I can't name but is one of the top hits when you Google for this sort of thing, it seems doesn't include the ROMs in a folder that is put in atmosphere/contents, but seems to be in the nsp itself. There is for SNES little indication that there are even ROMs added. So there is no folder to delete.

Last edited by regnad,

Efraim27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi! I've got running Pokemon Stadium 2 PAL, but the screen looks a bit zoomed cutting bottom text:

srpUtro.jpg
mVJXYxD.jpg

How I can fix it? Here is my .dtz:

.meta

Code:
{
    "Hardware": "NUS",
    "TitleCode": "00_XXXXXX.000",
    "DataVersion": "1.0.0",
    "OptionInfo": {
        "SndSampleRate": 32005,
        "PAL": 1
    }
}

.cfg

Code:
{
    "RomOption": {
        "TickPerInst": 8,
        "BackupType": "FLASH",
        "SIDevice_PakType": "N64 Transfer Pak"
    },
    "RSP" :    {
    },
    "Idle": [
        {
            "Comment": "Required for the game to boot.",
            "JmpAddr": "0x80001510",
            "JmpInst": "0x1000FFFF",
            "IsIdle": "0x1"
        },
        {
            "JmpAddr": "0x80035660",
            "JmpInst": "0x504AFFFF",
        },
        {
            "JmpAddr": "0x80035614",
            "JmpInst": "0x5208FFFF",
        }
    ],   
    "SpecialInst" :    [
    ],
    "RendererSetting" : {
        "CopyInMiddle": 1
    }       
}

Thanks!

iiTzSamurai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I've got running Pokemon Stadium 2 PAL, but the screen looks a bit zoomed cutting bottom text:

srpUtro.jpg
mVJXYxD.jpg

How I can fix it? Here is my .dtz:

.meta

Code:
{
    "Hardware": "NUS",
    "TitleCode": "00_XXXXXX.000",
    "DataVersion": "1.0.0",
    "OptionInfo": {
        "SndSampleRate": 32005,
        "PAL": 1
    }
}

.cfg

Code:
{
    "RomOption": {
        "TickPerInst": 8,
        "BackupType": "FLASH",
        "SIDevice_PakType": "N64 Transfer Pak"
    },
    "RSP" :    {
    },
    "Idle": [
        {
            "JmpAddr": "0x80001510",
            "JmpInst": "0x1000FFFF",
        },
        {
            "JmpAddr": "0x80035660",
            "JmpInst": "0x504AFFFF",
        },
        {
            "JmpAddr": "0x80035614",
            "JmpInst": "0x5208FFFF",
        }
    ],  
    "SpecialInst" :    [
    ],
    "RendererSetting" : {
        "CopyInMiddle": 1
    }      
}

Thanks!
Try clip bottom

DarkAkuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a site where the users share the .dtz metapacks? Im looking for the ocarina debug rom

It's linked under the Help menu. N64 Compatibility List.

It cuts even more with value of 10 and -10 doesn't work

eCXI16D.jpg

Any other ideas?

RomOption:
InitWith480P
ScanlineCalculateMode: Special + ScanlineDefaultValue: 10 (adjust the number from there)

RendererSetting:
CanvasWidth+CanvasHeight (if you know the exact resolution it renders at. This can be different per each game, and does not follow normal resolutions)

These are just guesses as these options sometimes effect how the image fits. But be prepared for nothing to work. Despite all these settings available, the N64 emu is not 100% compatible as is and just requiring figuring out the right settings. Nintendo often has to write new code to support the games they release.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Depends on my mood