Gaming Castlevania Portrait of Ruin pre-order goodies!

mrekli

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
oppressthebutton.com
XP
Country
United States
They are including both voice acting sets but... I can't stand Japanese voices for Castlevania. Only one character in the whole series is really Japanese. Everyone else is Either American (not just USA, the continents) or European. Doesn't sound right at all.

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
w00t, goot thing it's japanese. The japanes voices were cool in DoS.
smile.gif

(sorry if this is a little of topic but...) Is the game gonna be wifi enabled?!?!Â
blink.gif

Yes, and from what I heard, it's gonna be 2 player co-op boss rush mode over Wifi, there's even more stuff. But that's the only one I know.
smile.gif

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So, any idea on if they actually have any left or not? I hate pre-ordering and I'd hate it even more if I didn't get anything for it.

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Anyone in the UK or outside the US manage to pre-order it from GameStop or EBGames? Trying to pre-order for my brother since he's a big Castlevania fan too but the sites won't accept my details... And the bad thing is the bonus pack appears to be an exclusive deal for those sites =/

wohoo

Trophies
XP
Country
i'm sure this won't come to europe... but if we're lucky bergsala AB (in sweden) will get their hands on a bunch of them to sell in the nintendo.se shop

xtoc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i've downloaded a rar packet songs of this game (11 songs included), best songs are :

025-Portrait_of_Destiny.mp3 (this one is like wow ! one of the best cs song thats been made)
011-Iron_Blue_Intention.mp3 (second best song)

there is also a rmx song of the song from super castlevania 4 (level1)

And a rmx from some castlevania gba song, don't remember which one

Here is the mp3 impression from a site who talks about the music of this game
here

asmodeal

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I so want this game, can't wait raaa
Is there any chance to see a dump before the release date, i don't know very well ds dump scene is it something unusual or common.

masvill20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Heck, I just hope it won't be another Ultimate Spiderman or Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam...But I really hope this game will be as non-linear as Dawn of Sorrow.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ordered. Another game I'm looking forward to....now if FF3 US had a special package. Nevertheless pre-ordered that as well. I love it how they always make the opening animation parts look so fluid in the promo videos yet on the DS it never looks anything like that. =P

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
very cool with the music man!
biggrin.gif

I'm sooo freaking looking forward to this game... I have to pre-order it from canada or something... I want the bonus too!
wink.gif

the quality of the music u posted was pretty poor.. I pray that this isn't the quality the ds will output to my ears
smile.gif

Soundtrack is more solid than the gba ones and the latest Nintendo DS game!
Let's hope the environments, character interaction, bosses/monsters, gameplay and story are just as good.
biggrin.gif

Favourite ones:
* Silent Prison (feels like The Pinnacle from Dawn of Soul except a little bit slower.)
* Jail of Jewels (really nice push in this song. the bass simply rules and the leads OWN)
* Iron Blue Intention (remix of an old tune... The remix isn't as good as the original tbh... But it's definatly a solid tune. The melody is just gorgeous)
* Crucifix Held Close (remix of an old tune... Pretty good one actually... Bass gets boring very fast, but the rest is awesome)
* Bloodlines Bequeathed (remix of an old tune... Really awesome.. The original has MUCH better quality, but this one brings new things to the song which makes it great
biggrin.gif
)
* Portrait of Destiny (Title music/Intro text music of some kind... It's very good IMO. Reminds of the prior games intro-text music
wink.gif
)
* Thema of Simon (Remix of the SNES music. Actually this one is good, but ALOT worse than the original IMO. The feeling the original brought was tremendous and they removed that
frown.gif
However they added a solo which sounds great! big +)

The less good ones:
* Victorian Fear (has a couple of pretty bad parts in it.. very varying song but doesn't have that adventure mood I want
biggrin.gif
)
* In Search of the Secret Spell (Egyptian song?
tongue.gif
Well has pretty nice leads. But all in all the song isn't that good. It's REALLY nice when the bass climbs really high)
* Overture (horrible
tongue.gif
WAY TOO REPEATIVE.. and I think this is a remix of an old tune too, like standard kill dracula song
biggrin.gif
..)

Hypnotoad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Since the preorder link is still working at EB, I took the plunge and ordered! Hopefully they don't mysteriously run short of goodies and send me just the game in a month.

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just checked up on my pre-order status since someone else wanted me to pre-order a copy for them too. Too bad the link's officially gone from the EBgames now so I can't.

To everyone who pre-ordered... Does your order status only list "Premium, Castlevania POR 20th Anniversary Soundtrack" and not "Bonus Pack"? Just curious because I don't want to end up receiving just the soundtrack after being charged the extra shipping and any customs I'll be paying here
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.