Hacking Can't play cartridge, but I want to understand the nogc mode...

Psygnosis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have a modded mariko, with lastest fw and hekate with file emunand.

I can use the system flawlessy, but I cannot play with cartridge. If I try to insert any game I have the popup that ask me to update the game.

if I press yes I have a communication error 2127-8007 (but I think it's because atmosphere block connection?)
If I do cancel the game just doesn't load.

What am I doing wrong? Do I have to play on OFW?

By doing some search I read about autonogc that should be set to 0, but before doing this, what I don't understand is the command itself, I thought that if by default is set to 1, maybe there is a reason.
Can you explain me this? Thank you so much.

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Two separate issues : enabling the cartreader and game updates.

The setting is in the stratosphere.ini file and you need to put that in the config folder.
If you set it to 1 (the default), is will disable the cardreader and by doing so prevent the firmware for the cardreader to get updated. This way you can always revert back to an older firmware and have a working cartreader.
Once the firmware of the cartreader gets updated once, it can't use an older version, even if you set nocg back to 1 again.
The cartreader has some efuses that prevent downgrading of the firmware.
If you set nogc to 0, then you can use the cartreader but the first time you reboot after this setting, the latest firmware will be applied.
If you see the game icon, then you got the nogc setting right and you need to solve the issue with the game updates.

The Switch has some annoying mechanism to flag that certain games need to be updated.
I'm not sure but I think this information comes with other games and firmware updates.
Once that information gets updated, you need to update the game.

You can't download game updates directly because either the CFW (90DNS) blocked the Nintendo servers or Nintendo has banned you already.
Download the game update from your favorite pirate site and install it with your favorite pirate tool. *harhar*
You only need the latest update because game updates also contain all previous updates.
Since you are the proud owner of the official cartridge, you have what is called the 'base game' already.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol