Hacking Can't get past "Valid ELF image detected" on Wii U

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL point number 5, epic! I had a feeling I didn't need it, so I didn't bother with it. I have no interest in making this wii u sing songs in the morning, sweep the floors and so on LOL I just want to play some games. I know how many HB apps there are but I don't need them. So I didn't bother with the mod manager.
Last thing, what about DmpMiNND ? I assume when it was dumped, it was put in that folder? Could I just move the folder onto my computer hard drive for safe keeping so that option isn't on the HBC menu?

If there is a file on the root of your SD card named "nand.bin", that might (just maybe, mind you) contain the nand dump. If there is no nand.bin, then if the DumpMiiND has more than five files in it, the dump must be in there. Just to be safe, save the DumpMiiND folder anyway. Also, currently NAND dumps are nearly useless for vWii (don't delete it, it still could be useful) because there is nothing the RESTORE the dump.

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just kind of reviewing what's on this SD: Pretty much the same as that file.... maybe you could just read through this list and list yes or no beside each one to whether it can be deleted?
Apps (if I have GFC app inside inSDRoot, would there still be anything I would need in the app folder?)
boot.elf
bootmini.elf
I assume all of those .txt files can definitely be deleted?
Liscenses folder
private folder (I'm assuming yes on this for sure, this was the exploit)
and wiiload

First, to clarify: Your SD card should not have any folder on it named inSDRoot. You need to extract the contents onto the root.

Here's your list:
(There is an X by the ones to delete, and a K by the ones to keep.)

X `Provided by MrMario ^^.txt
X CREDITS.txt
X LICENSE.txt
X README.txt
X README-BootMii.txt
X README-HBC.txt
X wiiload
X licenses
X apps\xyzzy
X apps\IOS236 Installer MOD v7 Special vWii Edition
X apps\DmpMiNND (But save somewhere)
X apps\d2x-cios-installer mod v2.2
X apps\HBC Forwarder - GHBC - vWii.wad
X apps\CFG
X bootmimi.elf (You only need this for a pre-2008 White Wii! The same genius who included Multi Mod Manager must have included this...)

K private
K apps
K boot.elf

nbchick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ahh on the root is a half gig file, nand.bin and keys.bin and keys.txt - I'll save these.

nbchick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'll stop driving you nuts soon, I swear!!
Went to install a game, getting this:
lsFpMCP.jpg

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my opinion, THE WORST THING about vWii mode is that the aspect ration cannot be changed! It must be 4:3.

Not true, unless her Wii U is also set to 4:3

Edit: ([user]nbchick[/user]) so sorry about the incorrect gender pronoun , I usually try to check for that before I post, but it's late and I'm tired so I just kind of went on autopilot... My apologies if I have offended you :/

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahhh oh well :) I can't think of anything else to ask.... ummm any tips we haven't discussed? Any neat tricks to CFG Loader?

Sorry it took me so long to respond. I had to go to a friend's house. You are not driving me crazy. Everyone was a noob once. If nobody helped noobs get started, then I guarantee there would many fewer experts in this field.

For CFG loader, my only neat trick is to download covers for every new game you install:

- Main menu (Press -), Updates, Download Missing Covers

If you tell me what formatting you use for your HDD, I can make a settings.cfg for CFG loader that will boot straight to the games without requiring you selecting the device and partition every time.

nbchick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry it took me so long to respond. I had to go to a friend's house. You are not driving me crazy. Everyone was a noob once. If nobody helped noobs get started, then I guarantee there would many fewer experts in this field.

For CFG loader, my only neat trick is to download covers for every new game you install:

- Main menu (Press -), Updates, Download Missing Covers

If you tell me what formatting you use for your HDD, I can make a settings.cfg for CFG loader that will boot straight to the games without requiring you selecting the device and partition every time.

NTFS.... It seems to be booting right to the games each time actually, it takes a minute or two for it to load but I don't have to tell it where they are?
I found the neat trick of press - and right away, it starts installing the game in the DVD drive... then walks you through downloading covers, ejecting disc, its amazing! Im on my 3rd installation LOL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1