Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Digital1980 said:
Brewaholic said:
Brewaholic said:
Oh yeah, I also went back to Bootmii Beta2 and it didn't recognize my nand file either so I went back to v 0.3. I used a hex editor. Bootmii froze up in the middle of me restoring my nand after I tweaked the nand file with the hex editor. I waited a few minutes to be sure and had to power my Wii down. Luckily Bootmii was created slick enough to continue from where the restore left off. Damn, I love those guys.
To install Bootmii beta3 I used a nand backup from when I first freshly hacked my Wii on 4.0 cause it had the vunerable IOS' still to run the installer properly and put Beta3 as boot2. Ever since that day now after I ran the restore to get back to the present system nand with current softmods etc. and it froze but I powered down ran it again to complete it my Wii message board now gets spam messages from Nintendo everyday. At first it was messages about 4.1 though I updated using Waninkokos 4.1 firmware. Now with the arrival of the Internet Channel update message I keep getting that whenever I connect online at least once or twice a day. I called Nintendo and they suggested I delete the channel and re-install it. I did delete it and went through the message that was sent to download it and I'm still receiving messages about it. What would be the cause of this?

loool, you called Nintendo? You should have come here and asked the pros and get a REAL answer.

Yeah, I called them before I realized that something must've possibly went wrong during the nand restore and it wasn't their servers that were messed up. My case was the first and only one they heard of. *L*

What could've went wrong during that nand restore? Also what exactly on the nand lets the Nintendo servers know to not send out previously sent messages to that console again? I've tried going back to my first original nand backup and then running the up to date back up again, keeping previous message board messages etc. I get one sometimes two messages a day from Nintendo telling me about whatever the current news is. So now I'm receiving messages about the updated Nintendo Channel. It's really annoying. For a while I left WC24 off, but then started leaving it on again while playing games.

mgamer20o0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlackAce83 said:
Instructions to make a beta 3 dump usable for those that really need it

1. Open Key.bin in a hex editor look for the Word ConsoleID if you notice in the hex editor theres no space between console and ID there should be and sense theres not you will need to add this Space
To add a Space between Console and ID just put 20 in hex which is a Blank Space between Console and ID, without over writing any data and without moving all the data forward except the chunk your working on and hit save Now highlight and copy all of the 1024bits of the key.bin

Before and After Pics of the Key.bin
Before
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/5926/beforekeybin.jpg
After The Fix
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/7411/afterkeybin.jpg

2. Now Open up Nand.bin in the hex editor scroll down to the every end and hit paste, to copy all of the 1024bits of the key.bin. to the end of the Nand.bin and hit save

3. Now your Dump is usable
Thanks. this worked for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol