Can't burn ISO to DVD disc

Johnson6098

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is a DVD rewritable disc and never used before. I am trying to burn the image with Windows 10 default burner but when the process starts, the disc being ejected in seconds and nothing burned to the disc. What might be the problem?

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How do you try to burn the Iso ?
As far as I know it won't work if you only try to use drag and drop.

Maybe the Image is corrupted or empty ?
Try ImgBurn as Joom suggested ..

If it is a Computer Programm that you need to start from CD you could also use the easy way and write the iso onto an USB stick.

P.S. probably a stupid question but you do actually have a DVD burner right ? XD

Last edited by Youkai,
Reactions: Johnson6098

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Note,some Windows iso burner can only work on USB,and others only work on DVD.
While that is technically true, this is about the built in disc burner in Windows which most certainly does write to discs, and not USB.

It is a DVD rewritable disc and never used before. I am trying to burn the image with Windows 10 default burner but when the process starts, the disc being ejected in seconds and nothing burned to the disc. What might be the problem?
That kinda sounds like the disc is not blank. When you want to write to a DVD-RW that already has files on it, every new and changed file takes up additional space, and if there isn't enough space it might just fail. You can format the disc to make it ready to fill up again, but as long as there are files on there already, that's limiting how much more you can write to the disc.
Windows' built in burning was never very good though. So the ImgBurn suggestion is probably a good idea.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: brb