Hacking Cant access microsd and can’t boot up CFW. SD card being asked to format on PC and can’t view its contents and on switch I get an error

vicstar19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cant access my microSD all of a sudden on PC. Also Switch doesn’t recognize SD when booting up CFW

"[FatFS] Error: NOFAT
Failed to mount SD card (FATFS Error 13).
Make sure that a FAT partition exists.."

This is the error I’m getting when booting up CFW. My microsd card was working fine on my pc and then I unplugged the adapter. All of a sudden my pc is asking me to format my SD card as if it was never fat32. I’ve tried plugging it multiple times and it doesn’t work. I can’t access the contents of the microSD card at all.

Tried booting up CFW and was met with the error above. I don’t know what went wrong. Is my sd card broken now? Stock Firmware recognized my microSD card but it tells me I need to format it. How can my microSD just magically change format?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cant access my microSD all of a sudden on PC. Also Switch doesn’t recognize SD when booting up CFW

"[FatFS] Error: NOFAT
Failed to mount SD card (FATFS Error 13).
Make sure that a FAT partition exists.."

This is the error I’m getting when booting up CFW. My microsd card was working fine on my pc and then I unplugged the adapter. All of a sudden my pc is asking me to format my SD card as if it was never fat32. I’ve tried plugging it multiple times and it doesn’t work. I can’t access the contents of the microSD card at all.

Tried booting up CFW and was met with the error above. I don’t know what went wrong. Is my sd card broken now? Stock Firmware recognized my microSD card but it tells me I need to format it. How can my microSD just magically change format?

@Hayato213 is correct when he answered you here:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-noob-paradise-ask-questions-here.488277/post-10001982

Please don't start duplicate threads. It's still all the same people reading. :-)

You will need to format this sdcard. It is telling you it is corrupt. This typically happens if the system was writing to an exfat partition and got interrupted. You can try using recuva but if your PC can't read it there is no chance your switch will be able to read it.

Recuva — recover damaged data from a corrupt disk.

vicstar19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Hayato213 is correct when he answered you here:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-noob-paradise-ask-questions-here.488277/post-10001982

Please don't start duplicate threads. It's still all the same people reading. :-)

You will need to format this sdcard. It is telling you it is corrupt. This typically happens if the system was writing to an exfat partition and got interrupted. You can try using recuva but if your PC can't read it there is no chance your switch will be able to read it.

Recuva — recover damaged data from a corrupt disk.
Ok sorry about that. So if I recover the data, then format to FAT32, then move that data back onto the microSD it will all work the same still?

I don’t remember much of the tutorial from setting CFW up. Is FAT32 preferred or exFAT? Is one of these needed for CFW atmosphere/hekate?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: what's the fanfic name?