Gaming Cannot transfer save data from SD card to Wii: "the data may not have been moved"

dondon151

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi folks,

I've been trying to transfer save data from an SD card to my Wii, with no success. I've made sure that the Wii does not have save data for the game in question (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn), but when transferring the save data, I receive the message "the data may not have been moved" or "the data may not have been copied" depending on which option I use.

I have no problems transferring save data from the Wii to the SD card. I have tried using 2 different SD cards for this function and both yield the same result.

Any ideas?

EDIT: If it makes any difference, I'm trying to play Radiant Dawn off USBLoader, since my physical copy of the game is in a different location and I'm playing a modded .iso anyway.

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You need to play the game atleast once and let it create a save file, before you can move save files of said game from the SD card to the Wii. Of course, before you move the save from your SD card to the Wii, you have to delete the save file you created before. Also, some save files are copy protected and thus cannot be moved (atleast not without a workaround). I don't know for sure if FE: Radiant Dawn is one of the games with a copy protected save file. Although I don't think so, might be wrong on this though.

dondon151

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have on several occasions played the game to create a save file, and then deleted the save file from the Wii before attempting a transfer from the SD card (because the Wii won't permit a transfer otherwise). No success.

I don't think that Radiant Dawn is copy-protected, but I don't know for sure. I know of other people who have transferred save data without requiring any homebrew or hacks whatsoever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: